Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will the Democrat;s choose as their presidential nominee?
Hillary Clinton 7 24.14%
Randall Terry 6 20.69%
Other 16 55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
You mean this isn't one?
"L'enfer, c'est les autres..."
Jean-Paul Sartre

Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you thought Romney was all that you would have nominated him last time instead of McCain. I think Republicans were desperate this time and had no choice but to nominate him
I registered as a Republican(I was previous registered as Decline to State) for the first time in my 13 year(in 2008 - now it is 17 years) voting career so that I could vote for Fred Thompson in the primary. He dropped out of the race before the California primary - but I realized that I had found my political home in the Republican Party. Before 2008 I was all for over the map - I had voted for the Libertarian candidate for president in 2000(Harry Browne), several other libertarian candidates for state offices and U.S. Senate, one Democrat(Kathleen Connell for California Controller), a Green Party candidate once for California governor(Dan Hamburg) - also I always ask for the write in candidate list at the polls and have voted for write in candidates several times.

Thompson would have been my choice for president in '08' and I wish that he had stayed in the race. His candidacy did cause me to mature as a voter and realize that the party worth voting with in national elections in the Republican Party. I will and have voted Libertarian in state elections since - but will never vote for anyone but a Republican for President or U.S. Senate - the work they do is too important to risk throwing my vote away to people who don't understand that we are a constitutional republic - and who would undermine our national security.

McCain - with all his faults - was the best candidate left standing on Election Day 2008. It is a shame that the Republican Party can't nominate true conservatives. This year I supported Rick Santorum. Perhaps that will change as a new crop of conservative leaders emerges - bolder and more tenacious then previous guards - whom will lead our nation to a glorious reemergence as the shining city on a hill.

First we need to defeat President Obama - if Mitt Romney is the person who can do that - he will get my support.

Last edited by Harrier; 08-02-2012 at 12:31 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
With Romney flip flopping on just about everything maybe he'll give the Dems a try..

Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why not in 2012? If you think 4 years before that she is good for being the nominee in 2016 - why not now? Take action! Get the best nominee into the campaign!
We have the best one now thank you.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,448,563 times
Smile Who will the 2012 Democratic Presidential nominee be?

Quote:
The Democrats desperately need a candidate who actually has a chance to defeat Mitt Romney. Who do you think they will choose at their convention?

I read somewhere recently that Ron Paul is surging.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:16 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,233,412 times
Gary Hart

Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
We have the best one now thank you.
Don't tell me that the people voting "other" have President Obama in mind.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
PS - It is very revealing that you consider tossing a token female on a ticket to be 'gender equity'. Think about that, and maybe someday it will dawn on you why the traditionally disenfranchised don't care for empty tokenism ... (maybe, but probably not ... you'll probably never figure that one out).
Give me a break. For years the liberals called the GOP sexist because it never nominated a woman for President or VP - then they do and the lady in question is dismissed as a "token"?

People are tired of politics as usual - and your refusal to give credit where it is due is part of the old way - the Democrats way.

That is why they will vote for Romney/Ryan - people who know how the real world works

Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,389,875 times
Quote:
I registered as a Republican(I was previous registered as Decline to State) for the first time in my 13 year(in 2008 - now it is 17 years) voting career so that I could vote for Fred Thompson in the primary. He dropped out of the race before the California primary - but I realized that I had found my political home in the Republican Party. Before 2008 I was all for over the map - I had voted for the Libertarian candidate for president in 2000(Harry Browne), several other libertarian candidates for state offices and U.S. Senate, one Democrat(Kathleen Connell for California Controller), a Green Party candidate once for California governor(Dan Hamburg) - also I always ask for the write in candidate list at the polls and have voted for write in candidates several times.

Thompson would have been my choice for president in '08' and I wish that he had stayed in the race. His candidacy did cause me to mature as a voter and realize that the party worth voting with in national elections in the Republican Party. I will and have voted Libertarian in state elections since - but will never vote for anyone but a Republican for President or U.S. Senate - the work they do is too important to risk throwing my vote away to people who don't understand that we are a constitutional republic - and who would undermine our national security.

McCain - with all his faults - was the best candidate left standing on Election Day 2008. It is a shame that the Republican Party can't nominate true conservatives. This year I supported Rick Santorum. Perhaps that will change as a new crop of conservative leaders emerges - bolder and more tenacious then previous guards - whom will lead our nation to a glorious reemergence as the shining city on a hill.

First we need to defeat President Obama - if Mitt Romney is the person who can do that - he will get my support.
You just haven't gotten the best you can get yet, but you are respectable in your beliefs. For us, Obama was the best we could get after a very long and drawn out struggle, and we are still happy with him. Mitt has been sorely tested, but Obama was tested even more sorely and over a longer period of time. Remember that the Democratic convention happened in mid September, and the Democratic primaries went right to the wire. Nothing was settled until only 10 days before the convention. Mitt was settled over a month ago. he has had a long time to get up and running full bore.

The Democrats already went through all the angst that is afflicting the Republicans now, and I think the Democratic party has a keener sense of who is good for both the party and the nation than the Republicans have. We, too, had our splits, and we, too had to settle for candidates that were only second best for a lot of us. It was just as hard to learn how to bend, and we suffered the same big party splits. The only difference is ours happened a lot earlier.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times
Quote:
Give me a break. For years the liberals called the GOP sexist because it never nominated a woman for President or VP - then they do and the lady in question is dismissed as a "token"?

People are tired of politics as usual - and your refusal to give credit where it is due is part of the old way - the Democrats way.

That is why they will vote for Romney/Ryan - people who know how the real world works
When they wanted to GOP to nominate a female they didn't think it would be a trailer park beauty queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections