Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I don't think the GOP will put a female on their ticket, even though it seems logical to counter the Dems if Hillary is on that ticket. The GOP includes a lunatic fringe of evangelicals like Dobson, Robertson, (the late) Falwell, et al, and these whack jobs hold that a woman's place is in the home, subservient to men and all that sexist garbage. It will take a HUGE act of courage by the GOP to discard the blessing of the evangelical movement's so-called leaders.

Not sure the GOP wants to risk another Senate GOP seat by taking one of their few female Senators and running her as Veep. It looks now like they may lose several Senate seats in 2008 as it is. IMO, Condi Rice is not very effective, as I think those Arab nations are insulted when we send a woman over there to negotiate, since they are notorious for their unflattering views and treatment of women in general.
sen hutchison is reportedly NOT running for re-election in her Tx senate seat. I just would question the wisdom of putting a VP from a shoo-in state. It would be better if they could find one from the midwest or west coast. but they seem to be few and far between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Au Contraire, Lancasternative: I heartily endorse the idea of you Republicans nominating Katherine Harris for VP! Go for it. How about a Giuliani/Harris ticket - or perhaps a Cheney/Harris ticket? Or hows about Santorum/Harris?
ITA! Or how about Keyes/Harris or Dobson/Harris?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,634,766 times
Now you're just being silly....

Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Hill vs. GOP female! Get it??
I seriously doubt there will be a female on the gop ticket, most women that wiould vote for a woman, just because she is a woman, are going to vote democratic anyhow.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:37 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,634,766 times
The context in the discussion was a female GOP VP, to "balance" it out with Hillary as a female for the Dems, that's all.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The context in the discussion was a female GOP VP, to "balance" it out with Hillary as a female for the Dems, that's all.
as i said , i dont think the gop needs the balance, but Dr Lynne Cheney would eat Mrs Bill Clintons lunch!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I don't think the GOP will put a female on their ticket, even though it seems logical to counter the Dems if Hillary is on that ticket. The GOP includes a lunatic fringe of evangelicals like Dobson, Robertson, (the late) Falwell, et al, and these whack jobs hold that a woman's place is in the home, subservient to men and all that sexist garbage. It will take a HUGE act of courage by the GOP to discard the blessing of the evangelical movement's so-called leaders.

Not sure the GOP wants to risk another Senate GOP seat by taking one of their few female Senators and running her as Veep. It looks now like they may lose several Senate seats in 2008 as it is. IMO, Condi Rice is not very effective, as I think those Arab nations are insulted when we send a woman over there to negotiate, since they are notorious for their unflattering views and treatment of women in general.
Dont think the GOP has anything to worry about from the fringe evangelical group. They'd vote republican for David Duke as the candidate over Clinton any day. For the same reason Hillary wont pick Obama as VP nomination (i.e. she already will receive the default female / black vote).. Republicans have no need to lean right with a vp nomination.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,180,639 times
Default Keyes Again!

Well, remember the GOP has a history of trying for 'balance' in doomed races. That's how Alan Keyes was brought it to show how many dumb remarks he could make in a run against Obama for the senate. Mr. Keyes suprised many people with the number and variety of idiocies he could come up with.

If Obama gets the nomination for president or VP, maybe Keyes could be on the ticket again?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Well, remember the GOP has a history of trying for 'balance' in doomed races. That's how Alan Keyes was brought it to show how many dumb remarks he could make in a run against Obama for the senate. Mr. Keyes suprised many people with the number and variety of idiocies he could come up with.

If Obama gets the nomination for president or VP, maybe Keyes could be on the ticket again?
No I think Michael Steel would be an excellent VP pick for the republicans,no matter who the nominee is !

Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,212 times
If Rudy takes takes the primary could he stick it out with
one woman for 4 years ? Would Mitt get to have multiple female V.P.s ?

I apologize, my fingers have tourette's syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections