Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think the pooint is not attacked by the media or other Dems. The fact that Pelosi admitted to using her position to affect policy which helped her to increase her wealth is largly ignored as it was for the Kennedy clan. It would seem that the dems only hate the wealthy if they also happen to be Republican or Indep.
Exactly, but all the rich Dem. yelled and screamers how gladly they want to spread the wealth around...when are they giving away half of their money, then I will applaud them and stop calling them hypocrites.

Not just giving away what is helping as a tax deduction, no giving lots and lots to the IRS...but I haven't seen any of them doing it.

Obama and Biden have given the least to charity of all presidents and vice presidents in the last decades!!!!

Obama started to give to charity when he decide to run for the office, just as he started to pay off his outstanding traffic tickets at the same time....what an example...yeah just an example for the ones who feel entitled to do nothing and keep their hands up to get everything for free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Attention given to someone releasing 20 years of tax returns compared to two years is a double standard how exactly??

Attention given to someone running for President compared to someone who isn't is a double standard how exactly??
The double standard is that the Democrats and Obama in particular villify anyone they coonsider wealthy. The double standard is how mainstream media focuses on some but not all. The some are seldom Democrats.
This didnt begin with this election.
Edwards got the free pass and when it was pointed out how he used Tax shelters to avoid paying taxes it was explained that anyone would do the same thing.
Romney's tax returns are of small interest to me because as the dems explained about Edwards everyone uses any and all tax shelters available to avoid paying extra taxes. I dont fault anyone for protecting their money.
I would give credibility to the left if they held thier own equally accountable but they dont.
It's the same reason I dont give hardliners from the right any credibility.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I no that context is a troublesome issue for some people, but the issue isn't Romney's wealth but how Romney's wealth has insulated him from the lives and concerns of those what are not.

Why do I bother?
Are you telling us President Obama is poor and lived among the poor his whole life, so he understands us little people?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
at least he showed his tax returns!!! Why is Romney NOT TRANSPARENT?
Is this how you vote for a President?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you telling us President Obama is poor and lived among the poor his whole life, so he understands us little people?
Obama wasn't poor but he didn't live a super wealthy life like Romney. He lived an average American life.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Romney is running solely on the basis of his business success, yet won't provide evidence of that success. My therory of why he will not provide prior years tax returns is that he was not giving the proper cut to the Morman church.

Romney can not run based on his record as governor: Pro-choice, assault gun ban, raised taxes(fees), raised debt, lowest job creation, Romneycare, etc etc etc

He also can not run based on his management of the Olympics, since he had all the records destroyed.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:08 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
And let's not forget that pig Pelosy got a ton of her money from insider trading.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Obama wasn't poor but he didn't live a super wealthy life like Romney. He lived an average American life.
So, now we can blame Romney's parents for living the American Dream..........punish those who live well, by getting it on their own.

Yeah average.............. all average people move around to other countries and attend Harvard..........got it.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So, now we can blame Romney's parents for living the American Dream..........punish those who live well, by getting it on their own.

Yeah average.............. all average people move around to other countries and attend Harvard..........got it.

I didn't blame Romney's parents for anything. Don't know much about them either and don't have any ill will toward them. Just stated the truth.

Also, any average person, if they work hard enough can attend Harvard IMO. If they are a dedicated normal person who is extremely studious and they have the goal of getting into Harvard, they can go there. There is nothing at Harvard that denies people from attending that institution if they are qualified academically.

And I know a lot of people who have moved to other countries. A family I know also lived in the South Pacific for a couple years (Obama only lived overseas for 2 years I believe with his family). They were missionaries. Even poor black people have been missionaries in various parts of the world. One of my mom's good friends has a house in Haiti, where her kids also live with her. She is a minister and is actually one of the people doing something to help the Haitian people.

There are also many people who teach abroad and many college students and high school students who study abroad.

All of them are average Americans.

Do you just think poor people are average Americans or something?

And I feel sorry for you since you don't know anyone who has ever lived abroad or went to an Ivy league school. I am a black woman from the inner city and I know black people from the inner city who have done all of those things.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I didn't blame Romney's parents for anything. Don't know much about them either and don't have any ill will toward them. Just stated the truth.

Also, any average person, if they work hard enough can attend Harvard IMO. If they are a dedicated normal person who is extremely studious and they have the goal of getting into Harvard, they can go there. There is nothing at Harvard that denies people from attending that institution if they are qualified academically.

And I know a lot of people who have moved to other countries. A family I know also lived in the South Pacific for a couple years (Obama only lived overseas for 2 years I believe with his family). They were missionaries. Even poor black people have been missionaries in various parts of the world. One of my mom's good friends has a house in Haiti, where her kids also live with her. She is a minister and is actually one of the people doing something to help the Haitian people.

There are also many people who teach abroad and many college students and high school students who study abroad.

All of them are average Americans.

Do you just think poor people are average Americans or something?

And I feel sorry for you since you don't know anyone who has ever lived abroad or went to an Ivy league school. I am a black woman from the inner city and I know black people from the inner city who have done all of those things.
If you believe President Obama knows how the average person lives..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections