Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We are almost saying the same thing. Cruz was born in Calgary Canada, Obama was born in Hawaii, the right have some how come up with some contorted logic to explain how Cruz can qualify to be President while the rightwing birthers are still maintaining Obama was born in Kenya and doesnt Qualify to be President.
Bottom line President Obama will serve 2 terms as President, Cruz will never even get close.
As for left wing birthers? i've never heard of such a movement, where have you heard about it?
Read the post from HeyJude, he says there are no right and left wing birthers. I understand exactly what you are saying. Again, check the postings right here on CD. yes, there is a group here saying he isn't eligible. Even when how he is has been explained. Do you really think, if he decides to run you won't see left wingers coming out of the wall to try and prove he isn't el0gible? They have even tried to say Rubio isn't or they did last year and many claimed McCain wasn't. This works on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 03:44 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Which hard core bithers are you talking about? You know darn well, those who are questioning Cruz are on one side of the fence and those who questioned Obama's birth certificate were or are on the other. Just look around here, go back to the post questioned Cruz's citizenship, see who responded. Of course there is no birther organization, but sides are and will be taken.
Not true, Nita, and you repeating it again and again will not make it true. Those who are questioning Cruz's eligibility are the same hardcore birthers who refuse to accept Obama's eligibility. Show me left wing posters who are saying Cruz is not eligible. I mean that sincerely. I can find none. There was a thread begun here at C-D a while back asking specifically for evidence that the left was going after Cruz's eligibility and no one could provide any:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...irtherism.html

Then there is this thread--again, show me the left leaners there who are birthing in that thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ed-cruz-5.html

There are other threads. None of them show what you claim they do.

I am very much plugged into the birther scene, and have seen no one on the left making this claim unless it's done, as I said, to poke fun at birthers. I do see, however, a whole lot of Obama eligibility deniers taking up the birther cause against Cruz. I would be happy to provide links if you doubt that. I'm certain you won't find comparable links on the left, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. Show me, or admit that the whole birther thing is a RWNJ issue, as we all know it is.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times
Quote:
Read the post from HeyJude, he says there are no right and left wing birthers. I understand exactly what you are saying. Again, check the postings right here on CD. yes, there is a group here saying he isn't eligible. Even when how he is has been explained. Do you really think, if he decides to run you won't see left wingers coming out of the wall to try and prove he isn't el0gible? They have even tried to say Rubio isn't or they did last year and many claimed McCain wasn't. This works on both sides.
Prove what you're saying. Show us the links of left wingers going birther on Cruz or Rubio. You can't because no one on the left is claiming any such thing. But both Cruz and Rubio have been declared ineligible already by birthers. Again, you saying it doesn't make it true.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
Quote:
I checked the posts and I wouldnt call people on the left questioning Cruz's eligibility to run for President birthers, its more the left trying to understand the double standard the right has been using that allows Cruz who was born outside the USA to run for President but Obama is ineligible due to the birther claims that he also may have been born outside the USA.

The left basically doesnt care if Cruz runs, if he's deemed eligible by all means go for it Ted, best of luck..

Last edited by jambo101; 09-11-2013 at 04:47 AM..

Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,556,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yeah. Just like Michele Bachmann had her boot on Democratic throats, or Ron Paul. [MOD CUT]
Cruz is Joe McCarthy reincarnated, with the same mouthful of lies and the same high doggish whine in his voice. The only difference between him and Tailgunner Joe is slightly better grooming and the lack of gin blossoms all over his face.

He is nothing but the dying death rattle of the teabaggers. Don't expect him to be a 2nd term Senator.
How???

Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 AM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I am very much plugged into the birther scene, and have seen no one on the left making this claim unless it's done, as I said, to poke fun at birthers. I do see, however, a whole lot of Obama eligibility deniers taking up the birther cause against Cruz. I would be happy to provide links if you doubt that. I'm certain you won't find comparable links on the left, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. Show me, or admit that the whole birther thing is a RWNJ issue, as we all know it is.
This is what I don't understand. Why would anyone be plugged into the birther scene? It's a small group that distracts from what matters, which is policy.
If it is the same people then that's good since party doesn't matter. From what I've heard there are very few that support the notion of Cruz being ineligible. In all the face to face discussions I've had no one has brought it up Obamas' or Cruzs' eligibility.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I checked the posts and I wouldnt call people on the left questioning Cruz's eligibility to run for President birthers, its more the left trying to understand the double standard the right has been using that allows Cruz who was born outside the USA to run for President but Obama is ineligible due to the birther claims that he also may have been born outside the USA.

The left basically doesnt care if Cruz runs, if he's deemed eligible by all means go for it Ted, best of luck..
ok, maybe I am using the term too loosely, but the term "birthers" is a new one anyone or so it appears. That is why the computer doesn't recognize the word for spelling purposes. Regardless, and hey Jude has proven this, though he doesn't want to admit it, the left is and will continue to claim Cruz is not eligible to run. We can call it what we want, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,170,512 times
Quote:
ok, maybe I am using the term too loosely, but the term "birthers" is a new one anyone or so it appears. That is why the computer doesn't recognize the word for spelling purposes. Regardless, and hey Jude has proven this, though he doesn't want to admit it, the left is and will continue to claim Cruz is not eligible to run. We can call it what we want, I guess it doesn't really matter.
You just will not admit it, will you? There is no concerted effort on the Left to deny Cruz the opportunity to run, unlike the Right. There are currently republican members in congress, that still deny that Obama is legitimate. So stop, Nita, you are just dead wrong in this instance. But I know, anytime someone calls out republicans you pipe up and defend them or you say dems do the same thing.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
You just will not admit it, will you? There is no concerted effort on the Left to deny Cruz the opportunity to run, unlike the Right. There are currently republican members in congress, that still deny that Obama is legitimate. So stop, Nita, you are just dead wrong in this instance. But I know, anytime someone calls out republicans you pipe up and defend them or you say dems do the same thing.
Yep, I sure do, and why? because it is true. I don't care which side you are on, both sides do what they can to bring down the other side, that is how politics are played, like it or not. If you have read many of my posts you would know, I have said the same thing on the other side. I have said Republicans do it to the Democrats as well. Now, as far as I am concerned this issue is dead, at least for now. This post started out comparing Cruz with Sharon Angle and look where it is now? Talk about off topic, wow!!!!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514

Short form

Long form

And announcement in local paper.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections