Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,759,118 times

Advertisements

Crybabies!!! The whole Romney campaign has been based on lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,726,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Crybabies!!! The whole Romney campaign has been based on lies.
Quote:
who cares, same thing happens with the right superpacs going after obama

BRILLIANT rebuttals from the both of you!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:58 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,845,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
BRILLIANT rebuttals from the both of you!!!

i think your boy romney can take care of himself.

you dont need to spend all day going to bat for him. thats what he pays people to do.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,431,690 times
Quote:
Obama closed GM dealerhips.

Obama closed the manned space NASA center.
Obama cut the pensions of salaried GM employees and took their jobs away.
Obama put oil rig workers out of work.
Obama is responsible for the closing of coal mines and coal fired electric plants.

All of those people above lost their health care. Some of them may have had family members that died without health care. Under Obama, those people not only lost their jobs and benefits, but will be TAXED for not having health care.

Does that sound good to you Liberals?
Wow that is a lot of people Obama put out of work. GM, Obamas baby, is also in trouble again. Stock dropped 40% and they are now desperate with 93% subprime loans. Hey, we look at facts, not fiction like Obamas book.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,549,428 times
Quote:
Obama closed GM dealerhips.
False/Failed and yet another lie courtesy of JT800When did this occur. In case you have forgotten, GM received Tax Payers loans and according to YOU Republicans, GM went through bankruptcy. Therefore it was GM who were required to REORGANIZED the one's who closed down GM dealership.
Obama closed the manned space NASA center.
False/Failed and yet another lie courtesy of JT800 - It was BUSH in 2004 that directed NASA to closed down the shuttle by 2010.
Obama cut the pensions of salaried GM employees and took their jobs away.

Obama put oil rig workers out of work.
How? Oil Production is the highest its ever been in Bush Administration. So How did he put oil rig workers out of work?

Obama is responsible for the closing of coal mines and coal fired electric plants. ]
How? and When?

All of those people above lost their health care. Some of them may have had family members that died without health care.

Under Obama, those people not only lost their jobs and benefits, but will be TAXED for not having health care.

Does that sound good to you Liberals?
I guess it would have sounded better for you if the 300K workers would have lost their jobs and benefits just because they were in a union. I guess that sounds better for you.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:20 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,888,539 times
Default Disgusting Obama Ad

Bill Burton degraded himself with this garbage. You would expect something like this from Rove, not anyone supporting Obama. The "Understands" ad is awful, I hope Obama gets them to pull it down.

In Obama super-PAC ad, worker ties wife

Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,477,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Bill Burton degraded himself with this garbage. You would expect something like this from Rove, not anyone supporting Obama. The "Understands" ad is awful, I hope Obama gets them to pull it down.

In Obama super-PAC ad, worker ties wife
Sorry, I don't understand what 'line' has been crossed here... or do you think Burton is lying? Why does it bother you to hear someone actually speaking up and putting a face on the genuine human costs of Romney's so-called "business ability"?

BTW, I've had cancer (and recovered), and there is no doubt in my mind that I would not be here today if I hadn't had proper health insurance!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:43 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,819,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what 'line' has been crossed here... or do you think Burton is lying?
Well, yes.
Romney left Bain years before the steel company went bankrupt.
When Bain closed the steel company, an Obama bundler was running things.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,888,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what 'line' has been crossed here... or do you think Burton is lying? Why does it bother you to hear someone actually speaking up and putting a face on the genuine human costs of Romney's so-called "business ability"?
The guy lost his job after Romney closed the plant, that is true. However, the wife had insurance coverage of her own. It was several years after the husband's plant was closed, the wife no longer had her coverage and did not get regular preventive care. Probably because they could not afford it, but I don't see how, after several years, their lack of ability to buy coverage is due to Romney. In my mind, that is due to our terrible HC system, that we are just now beginning to improve(thanks to Obama). So, I think Burton's ad is a gross misrepresentation of the facts, very Breitfart like.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well, yes.
Romney left Bain years before the steel company went bankrupt.
When Bain closed the steel company, an Obama bundler was running things.
Don't confuse them with facts.....

The other question I have, he said shortly after he lost his job his wife was diagnosed with cancer, why did she not go in earlier, while she had insurance....what about medicade?

I feel for the lady, but this add is just down right a bunch of lies....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections