Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,213,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Requested is not the same as forced. I can understand that btw, the "other side" is on Romney's case, can you imagine if the VP also had not procuded tax returns? The dems would be all over the guy/gal, Now they have to find something else to make a federal case out of..
But Nita--you know this. He would have taken himself out of consideration for the VP slot if he hadn't provided the information, because the Romney camp would have wondered what he was hiding and why. Romney doesn't HAVE to provide anything, but the voters have the right to question it when he doesn't, and to consider that issue when they make decisions on which way they're going to vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 05:06 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,766,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I think the left is just pissed....that he won't do what the left asks.....

Nothing more nothing less....
Whereas if Obama or Biden did not release tax returns, you would take it in stride and accept that as their right to do so.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
Quote:

So, let me get this straight, Romney HAS released tax returns, not what the left wants, then the Romney campaign asks for the VP to release tax returns....and now the left is pissed?
Let's get this straight, mittens has not released even one complete set of forms for one year. Less than one year's returns so far.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
And if they did not want to provide the information they certainly did not have to now did they?
Which will be exactly why Romney will lose the election.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:35 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,956,176 times
Quote:

So, let me get this straight, Romney HAS released tax returns, not what the left wants, then the Romney campaign asks for the VP to release tax returns....and now the left is pissed?
Romney has NOT released one complete tax return yet. What is so hard to understand about the need to see his tax returns? He flips and flops on every issue, so we really don't know where he stands. He destroyed all evidence (hard drives) of his governorship in MA, destroyed all records of his time running the Olympics, his tenure at Bain is VERY questionable, since the information he filed with the state of MA differs from what he is claiming now, so yeah......we want some concrete proof of his actions via his tax returns. Otherwise all we have to make a decision on who to vote for is a bunch of smoke and mirrors from a very shady guy.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,766,238 times
Its silly that this is even the subject of debate.

He can prove any naysayer wrong by simply releasing them...and if anything, he has a one up on being able to say "see? they wasted time with this, lets drop it" which would make the Obama campaign look foolish for continuously harping on what would then be a non issue.

Of course, if you've got something you dont want people to see in those records....then its best to kick the can down the street and try to sway the conversation to something else.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 PM
F40

826 posts, read 858,331 times
Quote:

He has not released returns that are in Question, Heck he hasn't even completely released his 2011 returns because they are still in the oven being cooked.

And as a lefty, I hope he continues to run and hide from this. Just goes to show he dosen't think things thru.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Romney has NOT released one complete tax return yet. What is so hard to understand about the need to see his tax returns? He flips and flops on every issue, so we really don't know where he stands. He destroyed all evidence (hard drives) of his governorship in MA, destroyed all records of his time running the Olympics, his tenure at Bain is VERY questionable, since the information he filed with the state of MA differs from what he is claiming now, so yeah......we want some concrete proof of his actions via his tax returns. Otherwise all we have to make a decision on who to vote for is a bunch of smoke and mirrors from a very shady guy.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Its silly that this is even the subject of debate.

He can prove any naysayer wrong by simply releasing them...and if anything, he has a one up on being able to say "see? they wasted time with this, lets drop it" which would make the Obama campaign look foolish for continuously harping on what would then be a non issue.

Of course, if you've got something you dont want people to see in those records....then its best to kick the can down the street and try to sway the conversation to something else.
Exactly! That is why he decided to name the VP now. He thought that people would forget about his taxes.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:05 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,989,154 times
Its funny, I wont ever vote for Romney because I have too many issues with him, but the amount of pure hatred, and grasping at straws from the left that I see just makes me want to see him win even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections