Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Stealing huh? Could you explain how making sure that only those who should legally vote (who are living breathing citizens voting ONE TIME) is stealing?

How dare they take away the rights of dead people, illegal aliens, dogs, cats, and ficticious people from voting (numerous times)! Stealing votes is a liberal gig, and they won't stand for it! The triple L's (Liberal, Left and Looney) are getting crazier by the minute.
Read the stats...not the propaganda. The stats show that the voter fraud problem is actually non existent.

Study finds voter fraud nearly nonexistent - kwch.com

Daily Kos: Study Shows Voter Fraud "Virtually Non-Existent", Red States Eliminating Legal Voters

The Truth About Fraud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Which, of course, would be easy to back up with sources, especially in the face of multiple studies proven that voter fraud is very rare.

Which makes voter fraud the most trumped up 'issue" this election.
I addressed rediculousness with sarcasm. It's being trumped up by both sides. You DO GET THAT, right?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When one is slinging propaganda, truth doesn't matter. Only perception.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:22 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
I addressed rediculousness with sarcasm. It's being trumped up by both sides. You DO GET THAT, right?
I do understand both sides are trumping up this ridiculous non-issue.

The fact remains is, while I don't believe voter ID will cause as much voter suppression as one side claims it will (although I do believe that it will cause some issues in that category), I also don't believe the other side is implementing voter IDs to combat voter fraud, which quite honestly, is so minimal it might as well not exist.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Daily KOS, truthaboutfraud.org... why not just send me to Mother Jones for facts?

You made rediculous statements, and these links don't resolve that. There maybe a small bit of voter fraud, and that's incidental. There's also laws against it and upholding those laws is not "stealing an election"

It say's a whole lot about character when someone argues FOR VOTER FRAUD

Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Virtual is not 100%. What is wrong with making it 100%?

Why is it the people that the Libs have to take a bus to pick up and take to the polls that have the problem with IDs? If they can "Get out the Vote", why can't they "Get the Voters to the DMV"?

I'm glad I am not registered as a Democrat. I would be PO'd at all the other Dems saying I am too dumb or decrepit to manage to get an ID so I can vote.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I do understand both sides are trumping up this ridiculous non-issue.

The fact remains is, while I don't believe voter ID will cause as much voter suppression as one side claims it will (although I do believe that it will cause some issues in that category), I also don't believe the other side is implementing voter IDs to combat voter fraud, which quite honestly, is so minimal it might as well not exist.
Do you see how rediculous this is? Are they only requiring democrats to be ID'd? If this is the case then I'll get up on the soap box with sickofnyc... but this is rediculous on so many levels. These arguements are becoming so petty between the party liners. It's sickening.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Do you see how rediculous this is?
I just said I do.

It's about as ridiculous as Christians crying about being oppressed.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I just said I do.

It's about as ridiculous as Christians crying about being oppressed.
And that comparison was necessary why? Oh wait, pettiness when agreement is too hard to swallow by itself. Forgive me for thinking there was another adult in the room.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Directly from the Pennsylvania Preparing For Election Day website on the FAQ page:
Provisional and absentee ballots aren't the same thing, chief. Unless it's a close race which necessitates a recount provisional ballots tend to be uncounted until weeks later during official tallies due to their small number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections