Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Are you tired from the hole you are digging for yourself on this thread?

I am sure the OP is happy as well as the rest of us that you are proving his point over and over
Welcome to the hole! Everybody who posted on this is down in the bottom, and My Side is gonna win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 06:10 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,089,326 times
Wow, I certainly tend to get caught up in the rhetoric sometimes, I'll admit. I was hoping that was also the case with everyone else, but that at heart we were all a little more down to Earth. It's no wonder we have the gridlock we do in this country.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 AM

684 posts, read 825,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Welcome to the hole! Everybody who posted on this is down in the bottom, and My Side is gonna win!
Sheer insanity! If you believe this, then how do you justify that your candidate did something in his past that I could explain as the very height of hypocrisy if I squint a little and look at it in the right angle?

Yes, my candidate has changed his position occasionally, but that is because he is a true patriot and accepts that he may not have had all the facts with his previous position on the issue. Your candidate is a hypocrite who will rain destruction down upon the nation with their hideously self-interested decisions.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Sheer insanity! If you believe this, then how do you justify that your candidate did something in his past that I could explain as the very height of hypocrisy if I squint a little and look at it in the right angle?

Yes, my candidate has changed his position occasionally, but that is because he is a true patriot and accepts that he may not have had all the facts with his previous position on the issue. Your candidate is a hypocrite who will rain destruction down upon the nation with their hideously self-interested decisions.
This is so funny. Just change every 'your' word for a 'my' word in this post, and you will get the point of this topic. Then lighten up and laugh a little, because we are all getting a little insane and ridiculous this year. This topic was meant to be humorous, and most of us are taking ourselves and everything far too seriously.

Heck. If you want to be all grim and serious, there are plenty of other topics here where you can be that all you want.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 AM

221 posts, read 219,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Big difference-

One of the "other sides" has presided over the worst economy since the Great Depression and has failed in his attempt to restore the economy, while incurring massive debt in the process.

This is not a "clean slate" of both sides having "equal merit". Both candidates do not have "equal merit", as one has been in office for four years and failed miserably.
You do know that you are wrong about President Obama failing in his attempt to restore the economy.
The Economy is getting better and jobs are coming back, even Ryan said that unemployment lingers on long after a recession getting better.
The plans that Romney and Ryan have will put America back to the Bush era and they want to use economics that has bankrupted Europe.
Too often here someone on someones side says something and no matter how false it is they quote it as fact as it somehow suits there motives.
The Ryan Romney Medicare policy cannot do anything but fail millions here who have paid all their lives into the system. President Obama cut 17 billion from Medicare, not from the people using it but from the insurance companies exploiting it.
The affordable health care act helps millions here and for once allows people with pre conditions a chance of treatments. Stops the cap on work related health care and is NOT just for the good of the wealthy.
It's about time here in America that the two parties put America first and their quest for power and oil last
We American's do not know lies from truth as we know nothing about other workable systems and we are pandering to the wealthy who could not care if we live or die.
This is no longer the land of opportunity but the land of the abused. STOP listening to the scum here who only want to keep their obscene wealth at the cost of everyone else.

Last edited by Tambintime; 08-23-2012 at 11:00 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
You do know that you are wrong about President Obama failing in his attempt to restore the economy.
The Economy is getting better and jobs are coming back, even Ryan said that unemployment lingers on long after a recession getting better.
The plans that Romney and Ryan have will put America back to the Bush era and they want to use economics that has bankrupted Europe.
Too often here someone on someones side says something and no matter how false it is they quote it as fact as it somehow suits there motives.
The Ryan Romney Medicare policy cannot do anything but fail millions here who have paid all their lives into the system. President Obama cut 17 billion from Medicare, not from the people using it but from the insurance companies exploiting it.
The affordable health care act helps millions here and for once allows people with pre conditions a chance of treatments. Stops the cap on work related health care and is NOT just for the good of the wealthy.
It's about time here in America that the two parties put America first and their quest for oil last
We Ameri can's do not know lies from truth as we know nothing about other workable systems and we are pandering to the wealthy who could not care if we live or die.
This is no longer the land of opportunity but the land of the abused. STOP listening to the scum here who only want to keep their obscene wealth at the cost of everyone else.
This message has been brought to you by a paid member of the Obama campaign......

I am giving you alot of credit, only 2 kinds of folks would actually spew these kinds of lies

1) The ignorant

2) Paid members of the Obama campaign

Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
This message has been brought to you by a paid member of the Obama campaign......

I am giving you alot of credit, only 2 kinds of folks would actually spew these kinds of lies

1) The ignorant

2) Paid members of the Obama campaign
"You are so typical of the "i will follow my side no matter what they do" sheeple.
As for me being a "paid member of the Obama campaign......" nothing could be further from the truth as i am a independent who was a paid up member of the Republican party.
I now realize that both sides have good and bad in their policies but having traveled abroad i know how brainwashed we are here and hate it when the opposite party does well and will go against them even if it means our own destruction.
I have also realized how gullible and naive most American's are and if told a bad system is the best, they put their heads in the sand and get their butts shot off.
I have seen recovery over the past four years and am not going to vote Republican as it will mean America going backwards and that is not what i want just to get some kind of revenge on Obama.
Too many here cannot see past Obama's color and still believe he is a Muslim, now that really is ignorant.
Women here are still treated as second class citizens. Bigotry rules in many parts of our Country.
America is no longer envied by the World. We used to be ahead in everything now we are behind in almost all we do.
Citizens are suffering in America not because it is inevitable but because the wealthy have nothing but contempt for the poor and middle class.
New concepts and well thought out systems were a everyday event but now we have no home industry and have been sold out to China and anywhere that gives our companies bigger profits.
Both Political parties are so worried about not serving their financiers and the people who really control America that the hatred has become so relentless that the only people who suffer are American's.
President Obama has done a lot to get us out of recession and i believe he really does want to get some fairness for all American's so for that reason and not dumb party partisanship i am voting Obama this year.
If the Republican party has something for all American's in four years time then i would vote for them.
America is what we should be voting for not our party whoever they are.
You think calling me a paid member of the Obama campaign solves your problem of blind partisanship then hey knock yourself out but until American's grow some balls and think about America before their party then we will just sink further and further into the pockets of our wealthy dictators and middle class and poorer American's will do nothing but suffer and that is not how America became great.
You want to blindly follow the Republican party even though at the moment they are not going to help America, go ahead but be careful what you wish for.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
"You are so typical of the "i will follow my side no matter what they do" sheeple.
As for me being a "paid member of the Obama campaign......" nothing could be further from the truth as i am a independent who was a paid up member of the Republican party.
I now realize that both sides have good and bad in their policies but having traveled abroad i know how brainwashed we are here and hate it when the opposite party does well and will go against them even if it means our own destruction.
I have also realized how gullible and naive most American's are and if told a bad system is the best, they put their heads in the sand and get their butts shot off.
I have seen recovery over the past four years and am not going to vote Republican as it will mean America going backwards and that is not what i want just to get some kind of revenge on Obama.
Too many here cannot see past Obama's color and still believe he is a Muslim, now that really is ignorant.
Women here are still treated as second class citizens. Bigotry rules in many parts of our Country.
America is no longer envied by the World. We used to be ahead in everything now we are behind in almost all we do.
Citizens are suffering in America not because it is inevitable but because the wealthy have nothing but contempt for the poor and middle class.
New concepts and well thought out systems were a everyday event but now we have no home industry and have been sold out to China and anywhere that gives our companies bigger profits.
Both Political parties are so worried about not serving their financiers and the people who really control America that the hatred has become so relentless that the only people who suffer are American's.
President Obama has done a lot to get us out of recession and i believe he really does want to get some fairness for all American's so for that reason and not dumb party partisanship i am voting Obama this year.
If the Republican party has something for all American's in four years time then i would vote for them.
America is what we should be voting for not our party whoever they are.
You think calling me a paid member of the Obama campaign solves your problem of blind partisanship then hey knock yourself out but until American's grow some balls and think about America before their party then we will just sink further and further into the pockets of our wealthy dictators and middle class and poorer American's will do nothing but suffer and that is not how America became great.
You want to blindly follow the Republican party even though at the moment they are not going to help America, go ahead but be careful what you wish for.
Somewhere during this angry incoherant rant, there was a point

I am an independent and can smell propaganda a mile away

What you are talking about is essentially opposite what I responded to in your first post and yet you still are going to vote for Obama

Yikes.... free thinkers are harder to find these days

Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Somewhere during this angry incoherant rant, there was a point

I am an independent and can smell propaganda a mile away

What you are talking about is essentially opposite what I responded to in your first post and yet you still are going to vote for Obama

Yikes.... free thinkers are harder to find these days
Free thinkers????????????????????? don't make me laugh.
Yes i am angry and for good reason when i watch America turning into the also rans of the world because of party allegiance.
You really believe that we are worse off than 4 years ago. No we aren't.
You think this is a "rant", no it is a American saying "enough is enough"
Do you really think that our Country has anything to be proud of by saying if you have no money or no job then you are not worth anything?
Please tell me why you think that by saying what i think and millions know and deal with everyday is "propaganda". Why is that, because i do not agree with your views?
The reason i am voting for Obama is because we are putting the recession behind us, we are gaining jobs every month instead of losing them as at the end of President Bush's term.
It is not going to be easy or a quick fix as we have been decimated by previous bad policies and to return to them would be not just stupid but terrible for America.

Last edited by Tambintime; 08-23-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections