Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM

39 posts, read 25,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Ron Paul endorsed Romney. I have lost all respect for Dr. Paul. Something told me he was a phony but I didn't listen. Dr. Paul you ain't a Libertarian, you're a punk ass *****!!!!!
Ron Paul never endorsed Romney. His son Rand did.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,444,802 times
Default Ann Romney as political pawn

I've seen snippets of Ann and Mitt on TV where Ann had the limelight for her health trials and tribulations. She was presented with the assertion that Mitt is anti-women. Being a breast cancer survivor, and having MS, doesn't make her unique, nor a guarantee that she can relate to the typical American woman on the street. Far from it, she's been a rich lady her whole life, born in upscale Bloomfield Hills MI and following a privileged path. Why don't they open up her BYU transcript? I doubt it displays the ability to get into, and through, an Ivy League law school, as it the case for Michelle Obama.

Wow. And she's at the RNC to endear America's women to her husband and to those who are ambivalent to him according to the polls. She's not at all convincing. The speech is almost laughable. Notice how many times she refers to her five kids. A profiler/voice analyst would probably proffer: "Stepford wife blowing smoke up America's collective a$$."

I guess the Romneys are salivating for the White House and will do anything to endear the American public to a couple, and a machine, which is disconnected from the "rubber meets the road" American. Just look at who is clamoring for her at the convention and that her marriage is a "real marriage" (applause ) as if the Obama marriage is "fake." America: "Just say NO ... to Ann Romney as First Lady."

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM

5,637 posts, read 6,535,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Is Tight View Post
Ron Paul never endorsed Romney. His son Rand did.
I stand corrected! I checked other sources and Rand Paul did endorse Romney. I was always more suspicious of Rand than Ron. I'm not sure what Rand thinks he can accomplish by endorsing Romney. He's either after something, or he's completely brain dead.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,324,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They have nothing to lose by doing it. Ron Paul is nobody to them.
Can Mitt Romney win this election in without Ron Paul supporters?

At this point Ron Paul political career is over he has NOTHING TO LOSE. That makes him beholden to no one. If Romney doesn't find a way to mend fences it's not going to be in his best interests.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM

464 posts, read 480,464 times
Ann Romney talking about real marriages? Where can I get me one of those?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,340,819 times
Ann Romney is speaking at the convention and she's using a teleprompter. Whatever will the Republicans say about that after putting Obama down the past 3 1/2 years for using one?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,711,619 times
I kept waiting for her to say, "For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of America."

Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,229,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"RNC roll call. Highly irritating."

I have to admit that I haven't watched a convention from gavel to gavel since they stopped meaning anything to the nominating process. But when I did, I thought that the roll-call was the best part of any convention. Watching delegates rise and begin their vote report with long recitations beginning with "The great state of..." followed by a list of those things that distinguished their state from all others.

As an example, if I were a delegate to the Convention from my home state of Louisiana I would start off with a line from Dr. John:

"Mr. Chairman(woman). The great state of Louisiana, home of slot machines and Voodoo queens, where no bounty for the head of an opposing quarterback can be too high, and where we firmly believe that it is better to be caught in bed with a dead woman than a live boy... proudly casts its 20 votes...
Too funny!!!!!

I remember some great conventions. Some conventions are memorable, like the 1968 Democrat Convention in Chicago.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,444,802 times
I didn't think there were sororities at BYU. Where did she get her "training?" And how many times did we have to hear that they met at a dance? And the commentators are giving this simpleton speech a bunch of wows. Are they being paid to cheer?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 PM

7,549 posts, read 11,612,918 times
Ann Said when she got married to R Money they lived in a basement lies R Moneys parents were millions they would be living in a 4000sqft home I do not believe what she said one bit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections