Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,407,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Very much a lie you mean and clearly disrespectful for a "journalist" to call Mitt "Willard".

4 years ago it was racist to use a mans name in a way he didnt want it used.

Christy has been more forthright that most politicians and your insult cannot undo the facts.

Obama is the liar.
OK, so it is "disrespectful" for a journalist to call Mitt Romney "Willard," which is actually his real first name, but it is OK for YOU to call our President a "Liar." The Office of the President, even one so pitifully inept as George W. Bush, should be treated with respect, no matter how much you don't like or disapprove of him.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,487,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Even the Daily KOS says your story is a lie:

Daily Kos: Puerto Rico NOT booed at Republican convention

When the Daily KOS calls liberals out for lying, you know it's pretty bad.
No it was repeating wha tSpeaker of the house talked about! Idiots the Liberals are

Old 08-29-2012, 01:46 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,407,514 times
Default McConnell Wanted to Obstruct Obama's Plans from Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
While the public and media seem obsessed with nits and appearances, we are still facing a $16 TRILLION dollar debt (UP $5 Trillion over the past 4-years); ... a continuing unemployment rate of over 8% (23 million people ... which we all know is under-reported); ... a massive healthcare plan with no corresponding plan to PAY FOR IT!; ... a housing market that has driven the country and individuals into a full blown depression condition; and an administration that only knows how to give speeches, but, after four years, has evidenced no viable action or plan to lead us out of this mess!! --- But, I guess that's all a 'lie' also ... or at least GWB's fault ---- So go ahead, vote for four more years of the same!

Regardless of party affiliation, we are all Americans in desperate need of some real leadership ... in place of more politics! We don't know if Romney will actually be able to produce the leadership he seems to offer .... BUT, anyone with eyes in their head can clearly see that our current President ... after 4-years, still doesn't seem to have a clue about a real solution! Enough is enough!
Don't you get it? The Republican Party wanted to get rid of Obama from the day he took office. They have obstructed every attempt he has made to get ANY of his programs to improve our country or the economy or increase jobs passed through congress. The Republicans have been the ones who have stopped any attempt to help the people of the U.S., merely because they want one of their own party in the office of the President. Shame on them for what they have wrought on the American people. They only care about their idealogy and nothing for the poor or unemployed.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,504,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I listened to or watched several hours of the Republican National Convention last evening. In the Esquire Magazine political blog this morning Charles Pierce, writing from Tampa, offered his review of yesterday's convention events. I think his comments probably most accurately describe my feelings as I listened to the speakers. The theme of the evening - a huge investment in time and energy - was to highlight the false claims of the GOP that the President said something he didn't say ... the "Build it" (who did, who didn't, who said what, who didn't say it) theme. Here's a portion of what Pierce wrote:

Here's a link to Charles Pierce's commentary, if you care to read more:

RNC Tampa Night 1 - The Demonstrable Lie, Demonstrated: RNC's 1st Night - Esquire
I read the entire article, and I didn't read one shred of an example of what those lies are.

More lefty blow hard b.s. It's an Opinion what he wrote, there's no facts in his article.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,901,878 times
I wonder if the Repubs will come away with an actual viable choice for 2016? One that actually could get elected...

Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 706 times

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5kMguEqi8&feature=player_embedded#t=5s]Chaos On The GOP Convention Floor - YouTube[/url]

The Ron Paul supporters were chanting "Seat them now". The Romney supporters tried to drown them out with chants of "U.S.A.". They werent' yelling at her, but they were entirely disrepsectful and inconsiderate in a way that I don't believe they would have been to a white male.

Many Republicans are bigots, racists, and sexists, and but I don't think this incident was a direct attack on Zoraida Fonalledas or Puerto Rico. It was unfortunate timing, and a show of great disrespect in general.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM

26,664 posts, read 15,222,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Chaos On The GOP Convention Floor - YouTube

Yes, this is a sure fire way to garner the hispanic vote.
Liberals are desperate so they lie. They were not booing her for being from Puerto Rico or anything of the sort. It had to do with the Ron Paul thing.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,356,984 times
For those that think Romney was handed his career: How many people do you know that went to law school and business school at the same time? Maybe some of the people you know got through college smoking pot and snorting coke and their grades were so bad that they can't even make them public.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,420,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I read the entire article, and I didn't read one shred of an example of what those lies are.
Then you get an "F" in reading comprehension.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,382,039 times
Quote:
-Blacks will be put back into chains and made slaves
-Women will have all their rights taken away
-People all over the US will be dying in the streets due to lack of a health insurance card
-The rich will get to keep ALL their money and pay $0 taxes
Dang it, don't post the DNC platform until their convention!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections