Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All the while being on their parents health insurance plan until they are 26.
You make that sound like a bad thing. Anyone with a kid in college, graduate school, Medical school, law school or a kid working at their first job that doesn't provide HC coverage, relish the idea that their offspring are now covered by their company's plan until 26.

In fact, it's highly popular among voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Biden might get cold feet on the day of the debate and the president will have to choose a new running mate on the spot.
It's time to wake up now from your dream.

3,478 posts, read 7,257,297 times
LOL - when someone has an opinion on something that doesn't jive with another's, that's called a lie.

For example, in the article cited, how is #5 a 'lie'?

#4 is also not a lie - it is 100% true. We can argue who is to blame, and as the article states, it is political dysfunction that was cited for the downgrade. The political dysfunction is on multiple sides - Republicans and Democrats. But the fact of - the US was downgraded under the Obama Administration.

#3 - Obamacare is a tax, as ruled by the Supreme Court. The federal government is in charge of levying and collecting taxes. Obamacare dictates what minimum coverage for people needs to be. Obamacare also forces taxpayers to pay for a slew of things perhaps against their conscious. How is this not an authoritative role of the government in healthcare?

#2 - What's the lie given in that quote? We didn't get more debt? Have jobs not been a major issue in the last 4 years, of which we have fewer jobs than we have now?

#1 - Again, where is the 'lie' here? A GM Plant shut down - in 2009. Fine. Is it now open? Did Obama not speak the words he did at that plant?

Last edited by wxjay; 08-30-2012 at 11:22 AM..

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He did a great job. Most charismatic VP candidate I've seen in my lifetime. The 1950's were a fairly prosperous era in America so I'm not sure what your point is.
You're 3 or just never looked before?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You make that sound like a bad thing. Anyone with a kid in college, graduate school, Medical school, law school or a kid working at their first job that doesn't provide HC coverage, relish the idea that their offspring are now covered by their company's plan until 26.
Why 26? Why not 30 or 35? Let's stretch out the dependency as LONG as possible. BTW, that's really generous of Obama to offer that, considering it's not his money.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Romney...Eight more years of Bush failed policies...Yay!
And where has there been any indication of Bush ? I do believe R & R will elevate to a higher level where we can actually have some intelligent discussions about the problems today. Aren't you tired of the warfare ? Wouldn't it be a great change if we could actually discuss our problems and attempt to find solutions.

Obama has not made an effort to "bring us together" but only divide. He has given us nothing and the economy reflects the lack of confidence.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You make that sound like a bad thing.
It is - one can be elected to Congress or be the governor of their state and still be on mommy and daddy's insurance plan.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yep, we are all a bunch of idiots, we can't think for ourselves and we should be supporting Obama because he tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth....

Nita
REALLY now............In the late 70's and early 80's she began documenting the sickness in her neighborhood. obama too all the credit for the Altgeld asbestos project

Hazel M. Johnson
She founded a group called People for Community Recovery and put pressure on the Chicago Housing Authority to remove asbestos from Altgeld Gardens
Mrs. Johnson was instrumental in convincing city health officials to test drinking water at Maryland Manor, a Far South Side neighborhood dependent on well water. After tests conducted in 1984 revealed cyanide and toxins in the water, officials installed water and sewer

During his presidential campaign in 2007, several activists criticized Obama for omitting Mrs. Johnson from the Altgeld chapter of his memoir, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance."

ttp://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-01-16/features/ct-met-johnson-obit-20110116_1_cancer-alley-asbestos-removal-environmental-justice

Obama memoir left out credits for activism, critics say
The senator and presidential hopeful's account of his work at a Chicago housing project leaves out others' work on asbestos removal, organizers charge.

http://www.africanamerica.org/fileSe...ritics_say.pdf

Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
It is - one can be elected to Congress or be the governor of their state and still be on mommy and daddy's insurance plan.
Hey! If I'm 24 and have a baby on my parent's insurance plan, will the baby be covered??? OMG, I could have FOUR babies on their insurance!!! Would they be covered too!!????

Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I recall Scott Rasmussen said that generally, about 5 days is needed for news to become reflected in polling.
Could be, but I find that hard to believe in this day and age of instant news and commentary. 5 days later, they are on to something else, in this case the DNC. I think what we are seeing is what some pollsters have commented on: It looks more like October than August. People have made up their minds and there is little that is going to change them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections