Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Did you expect anything less? Of course he said everything everyone wanted to hear--that is why they pay dearly for those professional writers! Same with all of the politicians. I had to turn it off--Now if they were talking from their hearts and truthfully I'd be behind them 100% but then they probably would not get the votes needed to win. It's not possible to please everyone all the time! At least not if you are an honest person--so it's say what they want to hear and do what you want to do once you get in office. Come on--this is nothing new and has become the norm...sadly..
so what are you saying, you are not going to vote for anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It applies to BOTH PARTIES

Now, after all that, settle down in an empty chair and relax
Yep but Obama has the seat for the past 3 1/2 years, so whats his excuse?

Old 08-31-2012, 10:46 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Maybe a little "understanding" could be of help...

"Debt?" "Deficit?" What's the difference?
Yep I know, but maybe you should understand why neither is good.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't know how they've been able to get away with it. I mean, it's very obvious the Republicans are doing everything possible to steal the election (again)

I realize we need more than 2 parties, but I hope that the Ron Paul supporters will vote for Obama.
In your wildest dreams: sure, there will be a handful that will vote for Obama and there will be several who will end up supporting Romney, but for the most part, if the Paul supporters are anything like the ones on this forum they will either write his name in, where allowed, won't vote or will end up voting for Johnson. They will not, with any consistancy vote for Obama..Most of them dislike him more than Romney for heavens sake. Obama stands for almost nothing the Paul followers stand for...why would they vote for Obama?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes but those popular vote elections aren't really how delegates were selected. They were just beauty contests. The delegate selection rules (which were put into place by the RNC and known by all the campaigns) were originally put into place to stop a non-establishment candidate from winning however RP was able to game it anyways and now the establishment is in panic. All of there shenanigans at the convention this year, their delegate suppression, their cheating, their magical rules changes, etc. all of that wasn't for this year. Mittens had the most delegates and would have likely survived a floor fight, but it was for the future. They want to eliminate the chance that anyone other than their handpicked do-boy can get selected. It's the suppression of grassroots in the RNC.

Also you can "bleat" about "failed demigods" all you want but at the end of the day the GOP needs us "Paulistas" to win. This is going to be a turnout election and the margin of victory will be razor thin. So I hope the GOP is happy when the "Paulbots" sit this one out and they don't win their precious Presidency. In fact I'm hoping they lose soundly.
Sore loser. Typical fanatic.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Yep I know, but maybe you should understand why neither is good.
Errr.... National Debt For Beginners : NPR

Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM

6,158 posts, read 7,228,112 times
I don't think Romney said anything about the hurricane last night. At least one person died and homes were damaged.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM

6,158 posts, read 7,228,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Yep but Obama has the seat for the past 3 1/2 years, so whats his excuse?
GOP house controlled congress and senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell who said its their goal to make sure Obama fails.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,759 times
In his war-mongering speech yesterday, Romney has made it clear that he is a Neo-Con. He wants a new war with Iran, Syria and eventually Russia. His primary goal is to resume the stated goals of PNAC which have somewhat slowed under Obama.

So that choice for real libertarians is pretty clear now.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:22 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
It doesn't matter if you support Dr. Paul or not. The fact that the RNC has changed its rules midstream, removed duly elected delegates and replaced them with Romney's cronies and have now voted that they can change rules anytime, anywhere and at the whim of Romney is downright frightening. You may think it's all a-ok because you didn't want Dr. Paul to win, but it fortells a dangerous precedence. These aren't harmless shenanigans; they are undermining the involvement of American citizens right to vote for who they want. It's a slippery slope towards dictatorship.
Give me a break. The nominating conventions have, and always will be, a function of party demands. You act like your most basic rights were violated through party maneuvering. The only way that this would even remotely hold true is if Ron Paul was close to securing the nomination and party operatives moved to deny him that opportunity. Ron Paul was nowhere near securing the nomination. There is no denying this.

The fact of the matter is that Ron Paul has essentially became a thorn in the side of the Republican Party, and the Republican Party acted in a way to neutralize someone who DID NOT RESONATE with the American people in terms of a viable candidate for the Oval Office.

Give it a break. You can still vote for Ron Paul by writing him in. But for official purposes, he was put out on his ass, where he rightfully belongs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections