Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, I love when Republicans talk about this. Guess they don't mind insulting Hispanics in this country for whom it is not uncommon to continue living with one's parents until getting married.
Bull, it depends on the situation, having lived the majority of my life in So CA, Texas and NM I happen to know,the educated, more conteptory Hispanics, as well, as other minorities do not live at home after they graduate from college. Heck, they get jobs and live with friends, etc (some living at home, just like any other culture). They are not trying to insult any group, but those who love to play the race card will continue to spead these rumors. My own Hispanic grandson in law never lived at home a day after he left for college,not even summers. Nor did his sister or brother. His younger sister has from time to time, but she didn't go to college either.

BTW, I will be anxious to see if the convention next week has so many wonderful, successful, minorities, as speakers. The Republicans had Indian American (female I will add) Hispanics, blacks, one being a black female Mormon and a female Hispanic governor...BTW, Mia Love was very impressive...

Of course we know how impressive one speaker at the Democrat convension will be: she is speaking on free birth control pills for all women. wow, what an important issue...!!!!!!
Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Shhhh, don't use the word SUCCESS. It's a very bad word.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 AM

756 posts, read 714,603 times
LMAO @ Shady Mitt and his '12 million jobs' pledge last night

Uh, Shady, when you were top dog in Mass., the state ranked 47TH OUT OF 50 in JOBS GROWTH at the end of your four year term.

Just PATHETIC, to say the least

And now we're supposed to believe that you have some great plan to create no less than 250,000 jobs per month over the next four years.

LMAO ... you're even further removed from REALITY than your rookie running mate.

Please take that BULLSH*T down the road...

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2010-02-23/commentary/30748666_1_mitt-romney-jobs-growth-massachusetts

Last edited by Trader8; 08-31-2012 at 11:51 AM..

Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I don't think Romney said anything about the hurricane last night. At least one person died and homes were damaged.
Oh. Right. I guess Ann Romney opening her speech with a moment of silence for all in Isaac's path didn't count.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post

Uh, Shady, when you were top dog in Mass., the state ranked 47TH OUT OF 50 in JOBS GROWTH at the end of your four year term.

And now we're supposed to believe that you have some great plan to create no less than 250,000 jobs per month over the next four years.

LMAO ... you're even further removed from REALITY than your rookie running mate.

Plaese take that BULLSH*T down the road...

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2010-02-23/commentary/30748666_1_mitt-romney-jobs-growth-massachusetts
Not like the Democrats EVER exaggerate anything ..............

Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
14-15 million is what the CBO projects no matter who is elected. It could be less if impacted by the application of the bipartisan Sequestration Law. And apparently per Romney, less if he is elected.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
GOP house controlled congress and senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell who said its their goal to make sure Obama fails.
That's Obama's excuse for actually becoming the complete and total failure he is? Pretty lame.

"Wahhh, Mitch McConnell and the mean old Rush Limbaugh said they hope I fail. It's all their fault that I'm an even worse President than Jimmy Carter "

Usually, when I want to SUCCEED at something, I will work extra hard to prove any naysayers wrong.

FORE!

Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post

Plaese take that BULLSH*T down the road...

you may want to try and figure out why the 47th out of 50. And you may want to get the true and whole story. You are taking part truths, spinning and yet, claiming others are doing this...

Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
The other part I found disturbing was the run up to what appeared to be war drums.

We can put 12 million people to work, fighting China. Scary stuff.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes but those popular vote elections aren't really how delegates were selected. They were just beauty contests. The delegate selection rules (which were put into place by the RNC and known by all the campaigns) were originally put into place to stop a non-establishment candidate from winning however RP was able to game it anyways and now the establishment is in panic. All of there shenanigans at the convention this year, their delegate suppression, their cheating, their magical rules changes, etc. all of that wasn't for this year. Mittens had the most delegates and would have likely survived a floor fight, but it was for the future. They want to eliminate the chance that anyone other than their handpicked do-boy can get selected. It's the suppression of grassroots in the RNC.

Also you can "bleat" about "failed demigods" all you want but at the end of the day the GOP needs us "Paulistas" to win. This is going to be a turnout election and the margin of victory will be razor thin. So I hope the GOP is happy when the "Paulbots" sit this one out and they don't win their precious Presidency. In fact I'm hoping they lose soundly.
I've always said that the Paulbots only cared about one thing: getting a second term for Obama.

Thanks for proving me right again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections