Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

For those who think Romney is not conservative enough to be our President give some consideration to what we will do to our country if we don't elect him. We can't possibly have the same nation of laws that we have always had if Obama is re-elected and here is one outstanding reason why I say that. There is a chance that we would be in much worse shape with Obama than we were in his first two years with Dems in control of both houses of Congress. We lucked out on that one but may not be so lucky if he is re-elected.

For Those Who Think Mitt’s Not Conservative Enough, Consider This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
conservative isn't his problem, capable is . He has no experience at building jobs... in Bain capital or in MA. This is a fundamental problem when you are touting that's what you will do ( then he reflects the standard growth rate)
Then he talks about the budget... but it doesn't add up . you will not decrease revenbue, and increase a bloated military budget and bal;ance the budget... can't happen.

Credibility is his problem. well that and the fact he is just a bad choice.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
When Romney's economic advisers came out and said that Bernanke has done a great job and deserves another term, it ended any possibility of me voting for him.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
For those who think Romney is not conservative enough to be our President give some consideration to what we will do to our country if we don't elect him. We can't possibly have the same nation of laws that we have always had if Obama is re-elected and here is one outstanding reason why I say that. There is a chance that we would be in much worse shape with Obama than we were in his first two years with Dems in control of both houses of Congress. We lucked out on that one but may not be so lucky if he is re-elected.

For Those Who Think Mitt’s Not Conservative Enough, Consider This.
Thanks for providing ANOTHER reason to not vote for Romney, I know that I do not want Romney and especially not Ryan picking any Supreme Court Justices. Good work Roy

Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
The {R}s record on picking SC justices is hit and miss, some are very conservative and some not so much. It is a point that would not sway me to vote for either Romney/Obama.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
conservative isn't his problem, capable is . He has no experience at building jobs... in Bain capital or in MA.
In what world does Obama surpass him in this regard? This is only a justification for not voting Romney if the alternative is better, otherwise it's a wash.
That being said, Romney is a job creator. If you're going to put all the job losses from failed companies on Romney's tab, it's only fair you count every job at places like Sport's Authority, Staples, and other massively successful companies that Bain helped create or sustain. Romney obviously saw more companies succeed under his watch than fail, or he wouldn't be so wealthy. If you don't understand that then you don't understand private equity and shouldn't be criticizing. As governor of MA, he may not have created jobs but he created an environment conducive to to such, however there was already full employment.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The {R}s record on picking SC justices is hit and miss, some are very conservative and some not so much. It is a point that would not sway me to vote for either Romney/Obama.
I'd take hit or miss over a definite left-wing justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections