Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Say all you want about Romney's success in life but Obama is still the same old failure he's been for the last 3.7 years. Recall the Obama line "If I don't do it in 3.5 years I deserve to be a 1 term President"? He's failed and deserves to be a 1 term President.

But to semi stay on topic, I suspect Romney has given more to Charity and Church than Obama and Biden combined.
I suspect Romney has given more to Charity and Church than Obama and Biden have collectively EARNED and/or SWINDLED in their entire lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I suspect Romney has given more to Charity and Church than Obama and Biden have collectively EARNED and/or SWINDLED in their entire lives.
Giving to a church (and I use that term loosely) that builds opulent buildings on pricey real estate to practice god- knows -what "secret rituals" and spends its funds to lobby against the rights of gay Americans should not EVER be confused as a REAL charity.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:26 PM

26,533 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
So now he doesn't feel comfortable releasing his taxes because it will show how much he tithed to his church, and he doesn't like to brag. Give me a break! What the heck is he actually hiding?

Is tithing what Romney’s hiding in his tax returns? - She The People - The Washington Post
True, what is the worst that would happen? Bill Maher and other liberals would trash his donations to his church as merely "funding a cult."

Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 PM

26,533 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Giving to a church (and I use that term loosely) that builds opulent buildings on pricey real estate to practice god- knows -what "secret rituals" and spends its funds to lobby against the rights of gay Americans should not EVER be confused as a REAL charity.
Many churches are some of the most effective charities around and not all care about or are socially conservatives. And many of the so called "real" charities just ask for money...not time or donations and they spend very little on the cause.

Churches get members to donate TIME as well as Money, food and other items. Churches where I live accomplish a lot with little. Opening doors on cold days to homeless to sleep overnight. Free food days for the needy. Parking Lot sales, where you bring used clothes and agree to sell them dirt cheap to people in need. People to read books to people at the retirement home or just visit. Raking leaves in the homes of people not able to move around anymore. Tutoring cognitively challenged kids in school subjects. Mentor-mentee events. You really want to take away all of the good because some churches are against gay marriage??!?!!

I suppose you also think fiscal conservatives are not "REAL" Americans as well?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,839 times
Ugh, using his religion as an excuse not to release his tax returns? That's just gross. I wonder in what other situations he'll use the " because I'm Mormon" excuse.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,837,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
So now he doesn't feel comfortable releasing his taxes because it will show how much he tithed to his church, and he doesn't like to brag. Give me a break! What the heck is he actually hiding?

Is tithing what Romney’s hiding in his tax returns? - She The People - The Washington Post
Why does his royal highness Barry keep is entire background a secret?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Why does his royal highness Barry keep is entire background a secret?
Like his 12 years of tax returns?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,527,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Bull crap. It's called FERPA. It's illegal for a school to release without written permission a student's transcripts. Go educate yourself instead of trying to hijack threads.
OK, then Obama give them permission!!!!! How easy is that.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Ugh, using his religion as an excuse not to release his tax returns? That's just gross. I wonder in what other situations he'll use the " because I'm Mormon" excuse.

To avoid serving in Viet Nam.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
OK, then Obama give them permission!!!!! How easy is that.
Stop hijacking this thread!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections