Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 AM

414 posts, read 344,949 times

Advertisements

Looks like ole Mitt was a good student. Somehow the media got their hands on his grades just like they did with candidate Rick Perry's last year. Now let's do what Rush demands and call for Obama to release his. For some odd reason he won't. My best guess it that he wont release them because his college admissions will reveal he used foreign loans to pay for his tuition and it will reveal his true birthplace.

Mitt Romney Could Have Got An E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 11:43 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Looks like ole Mitt was a good student. Somehow the media got their hands on his grades just like they did with candidate Rick Perry's last year. Now let's do what Rush demands and call for Obama to release his. For some odd reason he won't. My best guess it that he wont release them because his college admissions will reveal he used foreign loans to pay for his tuition and it will reveal his true birthplace.

Mitt Romney Could Have Got An E
Of course, this is only about his freshman grades, not his college grades or college entrance papers. I think we all know why Obama can't allow his college records to get out since they may well tell us something about him that they don't want us to know and that would be what country he admitted as his home when he enrolled.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I guess Romney didn't pay big bucks to keep his grades hidden.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:51 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
It's not really customary for presidential candidates to release their college transcripts, but it is VERY customary for them to release more than two years of their tax returns.

But that said, I would support a law that requires them to release a decade of tax returns, college transcripts, and passport activity. Let's level the playing field.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
I don't need to see Obamas past grades, his present performance warrants an F-.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:55 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Oh for heavens sake--why do the grades that a 50 year old man received in comparative lit when he was 20 matter. WHY?

The answer is simple--they don't. You birther people are complete and total crackpots. I have an advanced degree, and when I was still working for someone else rather than running my own business, I never got asked for my transcript ONCE. They checked references to make sure I'd actually graduated, but that was it. Unless you're in a field that requires continuing education and certification it never comes up. Last time I heard, you don't need continuing education hours or certification to become president. This is no different than the birth certificate crap, and Obama did release his, for all the good it did him with you people. Enough is enough.

The bottom line is that if you tea partiers think you're winning some kind of war of words by going on about transcripts vs. Romney's tax returns, you're delusional. Tax returns ARE a legitimate issue--every candidate since Nixon has released them. The tax return issue isn't going away--it DOES matter--and if we're still talking about them next fall it's going to destroy Romney's campaign. If he has nothing to hide, better to release them now, let the press make a stink for a few days, and let it blow over. The more likely scenario is that the democrats know exactly what's in them, and it's bad enough that Romney will be dead in the water if it gets out. Either way he's in big trouble. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Romney for playing this game when he could still bow out gracefully before the convention and give someone else a chance.

Think this is some kind of DNC talking point? Wrong. Here's a list of high profile R's saying the same thing. This is nearly three weeks old--the list has grown since then.
http://news.yahoo.com/list-republica...112440684.html

Old 08-04-2012, 12:01 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh for heavens sake--why do the grades that a 50 year old man received in comparative lit when he was 20 matter. WHY?

The answer is simple--they don't. You birther people are complete and total crackpots. I have an advanced degree, and when I was still working for someone else rather than running my own business, I never got asked for my transcript ONCE. They checked references to make sure I'd actually graduated, but that was it. Unless you're in a field that requires continuing education and certification it never comes up. Last time I heard, you don't need continuing education hours or certification to become president. This is no different than the birth certificate crap, and Obama did release his, for all the good it did him with you people. Enough is enough.

The bottom line is that if you tea partiers think you're winning some kind of war of words by going on about transcripts vs. Romney's tax returns, you're delusional. Tax returns ARE a legitimate issue--every candidate since Nixon has released them. The tax return issue isn't going away--it DOES matter--and if we're still talking about them next fall it's going to destroy Romney's campaign. If he has nothing to hide, better to release them now, let the press make a stink for a few days, and let it blow over. The more likely scenario is that the democrats know exactly what's in them, and it's bad enough that Romney will be dead in the water if it gets out. Either way he's in big trouble. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Romney for playing this game when he could still bow out gracefully before the convention and give someone else a chance.
While I applaud your effort, trying to discuss anything rationally with a birther is like wrestling a pig. All you accomplish is you end up getting dirty and the pig likes it.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Typical media.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Enough is enough.

Too bad libs don't understand that even when they type it. It's enough only when it concerns their precious little slug.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-04-2012 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Too bad libs don't understand that even when they type it. It's enough only when it concerns their precious little slug.
Yes, enough is enough. Let's have Mitt release the better part of a decade of tax returns like his predecessors, and let's have them both also release college transcripts just to put that to bed as well - although voters care a lot more about what the tax returns suggest than the college transcripts.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-04-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections