Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,532,272 times

Advertisements

Seems very desperate if the OP is pulling out quotes from a 2008 campaign against a different opponent.

If you want to turn back the clock to 2008, Romney was still proud of RomneyCare. Now he hides from it and acts like ObamaCare is the worst thing in the world.

Besides, it's the GOP that are using scare tactics still today. Spreading the lie about "Welfare to Work" being reduced to remove the "Work" part. They still play this ad in swing stakes. It's a big lie and a scare tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 03:01 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,079,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
That's quite OBVIOUS!!!

What is also quite obvious is that Obama could tell you the sky is green and you'd argue with me that it's true.

Another quite obvious thing is that you seem to have realized that Obama's foot is caught in a trap of his own making.

Why don't you just admit that HE set the standard and is now proving by his own metric that he has NO RECORD that he's proud to run on?
oh please, you are a blind republican. Obama could have this country at 1% unemployment and you would still vote republican and find fault with him. You are just as partisan as I am.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,587,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
oh please, you are a blind republican. Obama could have this country at 1% unemployment and you would still vote republican and find fault with him. You are just as partisan as I am.
If I may ask a question: are you really that partisan or do you honestly and truly think Obama has done a great job and deserves a second term?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,503,154 times
Quote:
So......lying and being a complete hypocrite are things you think are good qualities for a President.

Basically.....anything Obama says has an expiration date stamped on it.

Kind of like how he called Bush's small deficits "unpatriotic" while he quadruples them.
Sorry, jt, ya made me do it............

The Ultimate Mitt Romney Flip-Flop Collection - YouTube

Old 09-06-2012, 03:24 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,079,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
If I may ask a question: are you really that partisan or do you honestly and truly think Obama has done a great job and deserves a second term?
I'm as partisan as my republican friends are. Nothing Obama would have done, maybe except adopt all republican ideas, would make you guys change your mind about obama. He could reduce unemployment down to 3%, saved medicare, SS, and reduced spending, and republicans would still want him out. I want him to have second term, because I'm better of today than I was 4 years ago.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,726,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post

Perhaps I'm more partisan, but I am certainly not as racist.

You'd vote for Obama even if he burned the Constitution on the steps of Congress and raped children in public.

I personally wouldn't care if he was from Mars and had polka-dots......he's a COMPLETE FAILURE.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,980,387 times
It is no lie that Republicans and conservatives have a position on social issues that is an issue in this campaign. It would be foolhardy for Democrats not to capitalize on those positions which are unpopular with voters.

What is foolish is for Republicans and conservatives to insist that these issues are unmentionable and their opponent shouldn't discuss them. The GOP doesn't get to decide what Democrats talk about. If Republicans are ashamed of their positions, they should change them, not insist that they are off the table for discussion.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:07 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,067,740 times
Quote:
More of those "scare tactics" proving by Obama's OWN standard that Democrats are afraid to mention Obama's record:

Earlier this year radical Sandra Fluke went before Congress to demand that the government pay for her $10 a month birth control pills.

Democrats believed this was a courageous act.

She also wants you to pay for sex change operations.

And Democrats and the liberal media think she is mainstream.

On Wednesday she warned that Vice President Paul Ryan would allow pregnant women to die in emergency rooms.
This women is completely off her rocker. Either that, or she is being paid quite handsomely to keep uttering such alarmist nonsense.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,160,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
This women is completely off her rocker. Either that, or she is being paid quite handsomely to keep uttering such alarmist nonsense.
Get the story straight. One, she wasn't talking about herself. Two, she was referring to people like her friend who takes bcp's for actual medical reasons. Stop distorting the truth.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,547,829 times
Quote:
More of those "scare tactics" proving by Obama's OWN standard that Democrats are afraid to mention Obama's record:

Earlier this year radical Sandra Fluke went before Congress to demand that the government pay for her $10 a month birth control pills.

Democrats believed this was a courageous act.

She also wants you to pay for sex change operations.

And Democrats and the liberal media think she is mainstream.

On Wednesday she warned that Vice President Paul Ryan would allow pregnant women to die in emergency rooms.

Is she talking about her sex change operation?

If you ask me the Dems are jumping the shark with all these attacks against Republicans saying they want women to die. It's just shameful but they are all getting caught up in their own rhetoric.

It shows how desperate they are all getting. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections