Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 AM

1,196 posts, read 841,147 times

Advertisements

The empty chairs' speech was devoid of truth and full of lies. The link below the Washington AP calls the empty chair on it and lists his many lies and distortions

FACT CHECK: Obama
Associated Press

President Barack Obama laid claim to a peace dividend that doesn't exist when he told the nation he wants to use money saved by ending wars to build highways, schools and bridges.
The wars were financed by borrowing, so there is no ready pile of cash to be diverted to anything else.

The claim was one of several by Obama in his acceptance speech Thursday at the Convention in Charlotte, N.C., and by Vice President Joe Biden in earlier remarks that did not match the facts. A look at some of their assertions:
My Way News - FACT CHECK: Obama and the phantom peace dividend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,549,252 times
Default AP. FACT CHECKS obamas' election speech lies

Shocked Face ...HA! (E-Trade baby) - YouTube

Old 09-07-2012, 01:50 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,190,600 times
His speech had almost as many lies as Clinton's, but he didn't blabber on and on like Clinton did so he took less time to lie. This whole convention was one lie after another told by a host of people. I think the prerequisite for being a Democrat in a postion of power is to be a liar and have bad hair.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,475,914 times
Why do we all argue about stupid politicians, they all lie, some better then others, right!

Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,172,672 times
hogstooth,

Thanks for posting this. I fell asleep before Barry hit the spotlight. I think I fell asleep during Common Joe's gig, somewhere after the point when he couldn't remember what night Moochelle spoke.

Anyway, this is a prime example of the budgetary phantasy land Democrats live in. For days, all we have heard is the whining from the Left about "the unfunded two wars". Ok. Let's consider that for a moment. According to the Dems, a large portion of the $16+T debt is for money borrowed for the two wars.

Quote:
The wars were largely financed by borrowing, so there is no ready pile of cash to be diverted to anything else.
DOH!

Quote:
OBAMA: "I'll use the money we're no longer spending on war to pay down our debt and put more people back to work - rebuilding roads and bridges, schools and runways. After two wars that have cost us thousands of lives and over a trillion dollars, it's time to do some nation-building right here at home."
How? By borrowing more money? This is like taking out a car loan to buy a car and then taking a home equity loan to pay the interest on the car loan! The car loan isn't paid off, not even close!

Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,266,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why do we all argue about stupid politicians, they all lie, some better then others, right!
Because the O-Bots still exist and actually believe that Obama ALWAYS tells the truth and everything he does is either the best idea ever presented or comes through divination.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,214,379 times
If people still fall for the "JOBS" anything out of this administration....then I don't feel sorry for them....

Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
His speech had almost as many lies as Clinton's, but he didn't blabber on and on like Clinton did so he took less time to lie. This whole convention was one lie after another told by a host of people. I think the prerequisite for being a Democrat in a postion of power is to be a liar and have bad hair.
The lying from Obama and the left is so bad it is almost funny.....if it wasnt so scary given people still believe those lies.

The dnc was like a three ring circus and did provide many laughs. . Obamas speech was hollow and pathetic.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,172,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If people still fall for the "JOBS" anything out of this administration....then I don't feel sorry for them....
Look, there were people there crying when the Foo Fighters were singing about "their hero". I have never seen such a group of emotionally unhinged people all in one place in my life. The only jobs this administration "saved" were union jobs. None were created.

There's another number that keeps bothering me. The Dems keep crying about how we were losing 750-800,000 a month when Obozo took office. Every week I hear reports of new unemployment claims in the 350,000 range. Math may not be my strong point, but wouldn't that mean that we are currently bleeding 1.5 million jobs a month?

Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,592,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
OMG - bad hair is only part of it. To be a delegate, the requirement is trashy-ass clothes and shoes. Folks look frumpy or trashy . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections