Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You know. I think the sucky jobs report definitely cooled Obama's enthusiasm last night. He was serious and passionate, but not a cheerleader. I did get the feeling though that he is ready for a fight. And with good reason, the Romney/Ryan are trying to sell Americans a bill of goods in a challenging time. I hope he hands them their heads. I know Biden is looking forward to it too. This should be fun.
He asked for our vote and made a clear case that this was a choice and we know what the choices are. It was the perfect speech for what is transpiring. To the point. He is very strategically filing the absurd idea of continuing The Bush Tax Cuts where they belong...in the past. He is driving this point home. The keynote speeches of the convention were planned, timed and executed perfectly. I'm proud to vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not mad that you dont at all understand that Clinton cut taxes on the rich, in fact if you did know that, I'd be shocked. It seems to be a pattern with so many people on the left to not understand economic policies that they celebrate.
I don't actually think Clinton was that great of a president, and I don't have much interest in defending his policies today. Fire away at him. Once again, you are making an assumption about someone you don't even know.

P.S. I already knew that about his tax policies. I know more than I care to about tax policy.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I don't actually think Clinton was that great of a president, and I don't have much interest in defending his policies today. Fire away at him. Once again, you are making an assumption about someone you don't even know.
5 minutes ago you wanted to discuss his policies and the ramifications of them, now that it was pointed out that Clinton cut taxes to spur economic growth, Democrats run away and flea from the topic..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,130 times
Quote:
Why dont you respond to the fact that Clinton cut the capital gains rate from 28% to 20% for starters.
Umm, because I don't care? And that had nothing to do with anything I said (step 2 of your program)?

Quote:
5 minutes ago you wanted to discuss his policies and the ramifications of them, now that it was pointed out that Clinton cut taxes to spur economic growth, Democrats run away and flea from the topic..
Nope, I didn't. I was noting an inconsistency in someone else's post, that's all.

Go ahead, attack Clinton policies.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I think Romney will do well against Obama. They both think well on their feet, but Obama has had some bad press this week. The jobs report and the Woodward book.
Obama thinks poorly on his feet. Watch clips of him without his teleprompter, he can hardly string a coherent sentence together. He's never been an intellectual just a demagogue.

The jobs report, bad press? This has been pretty much the same lame jobs report that comes out every month. A measly amount of new jobs created in the tens of thousands, with hundreds of thousands of people dropping out of job searching completely. The only reason why it is news today is because suddenly the Drive By Media decided to report it, because they now know obama is a stinker and likely will not be reelected, so they want to salvage the last remnants of their reputation so they don't look like total idiots when he gets voted out. All of the rest of us educated and informed people out here have been reading these job reports every month and looking beyond the main media reporting of "112,000 jobs created. Period. End of discussion" and the reality is that while some jobs get created, others vaporize and millions have dropped out of the numbers because they stopped looking for jobs. There are actually 2.5 million fewer full time jobs in total then when obama was inaugurated.

The woodward book just describes what everyone knows already. He's not a leader and has let his radical buddies run wild in the executive branch such as the DoJ, EPA, Department of No Energy, etc. dumping millions of pages of regulations on businesses.

He's the classic mediocre guy that was just political enough to get rubber stamped along the way. By his own admission he was a pothead in high school. Under affirmative action with his lame grades he got into nice colleges, which he did nothing of note and will not release his records. Then he went to Harvard where he did or wrote nothing of note, even being the law review president. Then after doing nothing as a professor and lawyer(find me all his students that were wowed or great cases he litigated), he was in the Illinois senate where he voted "present" all too often. Then elected senator he was undistinguished and spent his whole time shilling to be POTUS and hawking his books on oprah.

Obama is like a peacetime general. In military history, these generals are all there. In peacetime, they BS their way into various commands, get the right rubber stamps in their career folder, BS who they need to, but when the bullets fly, these generals are found incompetent and end up quickly replaced by people who may not have been the slickest BSer around, but who know what they are doing and do it well. Obama ended up in a job where it really counts and where he cannot hide results and he's been found lacking. He talked himself up in 2008 as this great god who could heal oceans and the sick and instead he's been found to be a worthless idol and cult leader.

The debates? I think he's out of luck. It's going to be the same old worn out demagoguery and people don't want to hear it anymore.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarq81 View Post
I have no doubts that Romney can beat Obama in a debate. He out debated Newt Gingrich. Obama will be put in a corner and be forced to explain his abysmal economic record. I am hoping that Romney can bring up energy independence, and why he blocked the keystone XL pipeline? Obama's "green" energy plan is a joke.
Romney needs to go for gold and not hold back. Not only waving the reality of what obama has done to the country but also what he is going to do about it as POTUS.

The Keystone pipeline is a great example. There was no reason to hold that back. We have 600,000 miles of pipeline in this country already and the Keystone project was nothing new. The Canadians instead are simply going to construct it to the Pacific Ocean and sell to China.

The most fun debate will be Ryan obliterating biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections