Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why would you think that. We vote for the issues just like you and others do. We may not agree but so what. And we are not obsessed with womens reproductive organs But I am scared about the republicans agenda for us. You're not a women so you couldn't possible understand how we feel.
No one is obsessed with women's reproductive organs but the Dem women and those who are trying to scare them. Young women can do anything they want and get anything they want from their doctor and that won't change. I am a woman and the only thing that scares me is how the Dems will treat us all when they want to get in between us and our doctors. Many necessary medical tests and procedures will be denied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You do understand what you just posted don't you? The election is all about beauty. We have a beauty contest going on. Never mind who can get us back on track, can the guy give a good speech. How shallow you think the American public is---well you may be right.
Perhaps. But charisma and appeal have more than one dimension. I don't think Reagan was smarter than Carter, but he was a more powerful communicator, and he had a compelling vision. I think Clinton was both more charismatic and more intelligent than Bush I (unlike his son, I do believe Bush I was very intelligent, but Clinton was/is a political genius surpassing Karl Rove). I also think Romney is intelligent, but I think Obama is brighter and exceptionally knowledgeable about education, foreign policy,etc. in addition to economics.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Perhaps. But charisma and appeal have more than one dimension. I don't think Reagan was smarter than Carter, but he was a more powerful communicator, and he had a compelling vision. I think Clinton was both more charismatic and more intelligent than Bush I (unlike his son, I do believe Bush I was very intelligent, but Clinton was/is a political genius surpassing Karl Rove). I also think Romney is intelligent, but I think Obama is brighter and exceptionally knowledgeable about education, foreign policy,etc. in addition to economics.
Obama's economics? Double down on what doesn't work. He doesn't understand economics, he was a community organizer.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
Obama's economics? Double down on what doesn't work. He doesn't understand economics, he was a community organizer.
And he has learned nothing as the sitting President? The man is brilliant, and he has the ear of the smartest economists on earth. Give me a break.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,269 times
Quote:
No one is obsessed with women's reproductive organs but the Dem women and those who are trying to scare them. Young women can do anything they want and get anything they want from their doctor and that won't change. I am a woman and the only thing that scares me is how the Dems will treat us all when they want to get in between us and our doctors. Many necessary medical tests and procedures will be denied.
Same thing will happen if the Reps do away with PP and other clinics that offer those same services to women who may not have the means that you do. PP is NOT just about abortion, as some would like to make it out to be. It is about many women's health problems and the lack of affordable accessibility to those services for some.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm not so sure, Bucs. America has been dumbed down to unbelievable depths. I honestly think most dems don't even know why they vote. Their party is obsessed with women's reproductive organs and then killing the result. I don't know what else they have. Unemployment is up, the economy is still bad, and they've got morons screeching about women losing the right to vote.

Never let a good crises go to waste and if you don't have one, fabricate one. I'm just glad I'm not one of them.
^^^ this.

Most Americans are dumb which works in the Dems favor.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm not so sure, Bucs. America has been dumbed down to unbelievable depths. I honestly think most dems don't even know why they vote. Their party is obsessed with women's reproductive organs and then killing the result. I don't know what else they have. Unemployment is up, the economy is still bad, and they've got morons screeching about women losing the right to vote.

Never let a good crises go to waste and if you don't have one, fabricate one. I'm just glad I'm not one of them.
True. But I still am not big on polls. They dont tell us much. Its a small sample size out of tens of millions.

In what sane world, do we get a bad jobs report, and the sitting POTUS doesnt take a hit? It really does not make any sense. And I find it hard to believe there are that many out there more obsessed with social crap and fear mongering over the current state of the economy, jobs, and the nation as a whole.

I wont completely write off polls, but I dont think they are that accurate. Let's say they are. If so, then we are in for trouble and it shows one thing. That we have to fall further as a country for more people to wake up.

I still refuse to believe that more voters with a dose of common sense, are going to be out numbered by idiots and those that aline themselves with the hollywood and liberal elite. We'll find out in November.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
^^^ this.

Most Americans are dumb which works in the Dems favor.

I still think there's hope. Though you arent far off. Look at what is widely popular today. You're right, there are a lot of really stupid people out there.

My g/f's mom asked me yesterday what I though of Romney. First, she couldnt even say his name right. Second, seemed to me the only thing she really heard about him is that hes very rich. I told her, well so what. Obama is wealthy too. She said well, its how you earn your money, seeming to say Obama earned his better than Romney did. This is someone who doesnt pay much attention, but hears bits and pieces from news/tv/gossip. She isnt sure if shell vote. I hope to God she doesnt. No offense to my g/f but her mother isnt the brightest, especially when it comes to politics or current affairs. If people like her go out in droves, and vote, we are in trouble.

Uninformed people who vote do the country a disservice. I hope the majority of them stay home. If they dont stay home, Obama will win.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:10 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I didn't vote for Carter. I knew he didn't have the worldliness or smarts for the job. Was very upset when he won. Very. Didn't vote for Reagan, either. Never liked him. Thought he was a fool and a fraud. Voted for Perot, that I remember. It was around that time I stopped voting GOP.
Perot didn't run in that election. I assume you mean John Andersen, former moderate Republican from Illinois who lost the Republican primary so ended up running in the the 80 election as an Independent. He got around 5% of the vote, if I remember correctly.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:20 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
You may be too young. It was mainly the Iranian hostage crisis that caused his poll drop. At least you acknowledge R is low in poll.
Quote:
And you don't remember the high interest rates and high gas prices? I remember cars lined up around the block at the gas stations with the lowest gas prices. It was crazy. I'm not too young to remember so you can't kid me.
I think in the end it was because Carter was perceived as weak both by the people of the United States and in the World. He failed domestically and internationally over and over again, even though he did have few shinning moments.

PS don't forget he tried to make us go metric!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections