Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times

Advertisements

There's traditional polls, and then there's what I like to call observational polls. I have spent the past week in W. Palm Beach County, FL, a traditionally heavy Jewish, Democrat county. The "OBAMA, OY VEY HAD ENOUGH? billboards are everywhere. I have counted 4 Obama/Biden bumper stickers. I wore my Romney/Ryan 2012 T-shirt to meet with my Mom's financial adviser yesterday and was not only greeted with cheers from the office staff, I was handed a complimentary copy of the book "The Amateur". Driving around some of the nicer neighborhoods in Boca and Delray, I spotted 4 Romney signs in yards. My Mom's hairdresser came out to meet me and gave me a thumbs up on my shirt but warned me, "Better not go in there (motioning to her beauty shop) Those Liberals will shoot you!" Ah yes, the tolerance of the Left for diversity of opinion. I have not seen a single pro-Obama billboard or Obama yard sign.

This election WILL be close, of that I don't deny. But our liar and denier in Chief must go!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes. Romney's wise strategy to give Obama a sense of security so that he will slip at some point.
Ah yes - the old "lull them into a false sense of security and then slap them with the rubber chicken" ruse.
Very canny fellow, this Willard.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,798 times
Heartland Monitor Poll: Obama Leads 50 Percent to 43 Percent - NationalJournal.com

Quote:
President Obama has opened a solid lead over Mitt Romney by largely reassembling the “coalition of the ascendant” that powered the Democrat to his landmark 2008 victory, the latest Allstate/National Journal Heartland Monitor Poll has found.

The survey found Obama leading Romney by 50 percent to 43 percent among likely voters, with key groups in the president’s coalition such as minorities, young people, and upscale white women providing him support comparable to their levels in 2008.
http://reason.com/assets/db/13481953038600.pdf

Quote:
The new Reason-Rupe poll, conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International, shows Obama outpacing Romney among likely voters, 52 percent to 45 percent.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Ah yes - the old "lull them into a false sense of security and then slap them with the rubber chicken" ruse.
Very canny fellow, this Willard.
I think the Obama campaign just slapped itself in the head with its $800 a bottle Jay-Z champagne and denial of a planned terrorist attack on our Libyan consulate and murder of our Ambassador and 3 other Americans.

Under any other administration, what happened in Libya would have been considered an act of war. Obama should have IMMEDIATELY met with the Libyan President instead of sending his flunkies Rice Chex and Hilarious Klintonista to trot out the ridiculous "spontaneous reaction to the video" claim. Instead, Obama was off to Vegas, interviewing with Pimp with a Limp, fundraising with Jay-Z and Beyonce and appearing on Letterman. What kind of leader is that? Obama is a total embarrassment to our country. He's got a weasel in the DOJ colluding with Soros' Media Matters, new firings at the DOJ for the Fast & Furious cover-up and Moochelle running around telling us it's all because we are too fat.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can be so stupid as to pull the lever for Obama. The only reason I can think of is those who vote for Obama are still hoping for that Obama stash they thought they were going to get or that they hate our country as much as the TOTUS does.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can be so stupid as to pull the lever for Obama.

Yes, it clearly is.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
There's traditional polls, and then there's what I like to call observational polls. I have spent the past week in W. Palm Beach County, FL, a traditionally heavy Jewish, Democrat county. The "OBAMA, OY VEY HAD ENOUGH? billboards are everywhere. I have counted 4 Obama/Biden bumper stickers. I wore my Romney/Ryan 2012 T-shirt to meet with my Mom's financial adviser yesterday and was not only greeted with cheers from the office staff, I was handed a complimentary copy of the book "The Amateur". Driving around some of the nicer neighborhoods in Boca and Delray, I spotted 4 Romney signs in yards. My Mom's hairdresser came out to meet me and gave me a thumbs up on my shirt but warned me, "Better not go in there (motioning to her beauty shop) Those Liberals will shoot you!" Ah yes, the tolerance of the Left for diversity of opinion. I have not seen a single pro-Obama billboard or Obama yard sign.

This election WILL be close, of that I don't deny. But our liar and denier in Chief must go!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
There are traditional polls....and then there is grasping at straws.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There are traditional polls....and then there is grasping at straws.
This is familiar enough, we've seen it before: orders to units which don't even exist anymore. Moving flag-pins on a map. Proclaiming the certainty of imminent victory, even while the sound of the enemy's guns are audible in the distance. It's bunker mentality.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
In a close election Obama's handling of Israel could prove decisive. Florida is a red leaning state it's only downstate that is solidly Dem. Part of the Dem coalition there is made of Jewish retirees. I suspect quite a few are miffed at Obama's Israel policy. He'll probably win a majority of them but a couple points here and there could make the difference.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Marist is a poor polling outfit one of the worst outfits in '08.

Still Romney has work to do if polls next week show Obama widening his lead Romney may fall too behind and only a poor debate performance by Omama or October surprise can save him.
Your guy Mittens is beat up & against the ropes and I'll be @ the polls to help deliver the knockout punch!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,728 times
Obama doesn't need Florida to win the election. Mitt does - big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections