Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times

Advertisements

Just a question for the liberals - why were you so excited about (and touting) the massive war chest you thought Obama would have, but now that it's obvious that the Obama campaign will have no massive war chest and now that the Obama campaign has blown through so much of its money early on smearing Romney, Romney having more money to spend is unacceptable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 AM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Just a question for the liberals - why were you so excited about (and touting) the massive war chest you thought Obama would have, but now that it's obvious that the Obama campaign will have no massive war chest and now that the Obama campaign has blown through so much of its money early on smearing Romney, Romney having more money to spend is unacceptable?

Who is saying that?? The issue isn't the spending coming directly from the Obama or Romney campaigns. The issue is with the Super PAC's that can receive unlimited contributions from a select few uber wealthy donors post Citizens United. It doesn't matter who they support politically or what their ideology is, nothing good can come out of an individual being able to make unlimited campaign contributions.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Because the crooked left lives by the mantra "good for me, but not for thee" . Also, they will twist it around and decide what is a good donation and what is a bad donation according to what they are receiving. Disgusting!!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Who is saying that?? The issue isn't the spending coming directly from the Obama or Romney campaigns. The issue is with the Super PAC's that can receive unlimited contributions from a select few uber wealthy donors post Citizens United. It doesn't matter who they support politically or what their ideology is, nothing good can come out of an individual being able to make unlimited campaign contributions.
Would that include George Soros,....or just conservatives giving money to Super PACs?

Noticed you failed to mention Priorities USA and the $10 million it collected in August.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
You are making a straw man argument.

The problem is that 18 billionaires are funding the Romney campaign. The Koch bros alone will spend as much as John McCain spent in his entire campaign. One must ask the question, if Romney wins, what will they expect in return?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 AM

684 posts, read 825,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You are making a straw man argument.

The problem is that 18 billionaires are funding the Romney campaign. The Koch bros alone will spend as much as John McCain spent in his entire campaign. One must ask the question, if Romney wins, what will they expect in return?
Probably the same that Haim Saban, the billionaire who supports Obama, Penny Pritzker or James Crown expect from Obama if he wins.

This might come as a shock to you, but rich people are not necessarily the devil. They have political convictions - Some strong -And they have the money to help make their convictions heard to the masses.

This is not wrong.

What's wrong is that it works - People should be investigating the issues themselves rather than allowing talking heads and smear ads to dictate their beliefs. If people took personal responsibility, Super-PACs would be meaningless.

And the democratic process simply doesn't work if people don't take personal responsibility regardless of Super-PACs.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Probably the same that Haim Saban, the billionaire who supports Obama, Penny Pritzker or James Crown expect from Obama if he wins.

This might come as a shock to you, but rich people are not necessarily the devil. They have political convictions - Some strong -And they have the money to help make their convictions heard to the masses.

This is not wrong.

What's wrong is that it works - People should be investigating the issues themselves rather than allowing talking heads and smear ads to dictate their beliefs. If people took personal responsibility, Super-PACs would be meaningless.

And the democratic process simply doesn't work if people don't take personal responsibility regardless of Super-PACs.
When anyone, regardless of side, can overwhelm the message with hundreds of millions of dollars, the loser is democracy.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
You Dems didn't have a problem in 2008 when Obama was rich with campaign money...$740 million worth while McCain spent $227 million.

You guys didn't have a problem then and didn't care where Obama got his money.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Conservative here.

It's actually a case of Romney not being allowed to spend his money until after the nomination at the convention and Obama blowing through his as soon as he got it because he was allowed to. What that means is Romney has a whole lot of money, right now, because he hasn't spent it. Team Obama may be whining but they used that money early to set up a good ground game so it's all whining for show, another con to paint Romney as big rich guy with big rich guy friends and Obama as "poor poor me" just like you guys.

Obama: Send me your wedding money, skip a dinner out ... I think I'm gonna have to blow my nose from getting so verklempt over Obama's situation...NOT.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Obama: Send me your wedding money, skip a dinner out ... I think I'm gonna have to blow my nose from getting so verklempt over Obama's situation...NOT.
Yes, indeed. Skip a dinner out, while I order some more Kobe beef for my next party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections