Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 05:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
These people have been making it abundantly clear over the past few days that, yes, indeed they do support dictatorships so that they can enjoy their freedom without the hassle of dealing with a newly developing democracy. It's "freedom for me" and "dictatorships with strong control for you."
So you think the Muslim Brotherhood government of Egypt is a democratic one. Yep, the progs are supporting anything that is rabid Islamist.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Roy, none of us know what really goes on in washington. I do know that Bush wanted to be briefed in person because he didn't want to read anything. He would rather be told so there were daily meetings for him. Whereas, both Obama and Clinton chose to read the reports. So daily meeting were unnecessary since they were already on top of it.
Obama is on top of one thing these days and has been for so long. It is his campaign and raising money and nothing else.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Yes! The media is working very hard to "cover this one up". So far, their plan to "cover this one up" consists of talking about it 24x7 on the cable news channels, and featuring the story splashed across the front-page of every newspaper and every website.

It's a very interesting technique they're using to "cover this one up"...
Didn't Obama declare the Ft. Hood massacre a "workplace" thing? Didn't the media work very hard to make it appear to be true? That is a very interesting technique they use.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It looks like neither 0bama nor Hillary were ready for 3:00 am.
It sure does seem that way, Dale. They have snowed enough people here to convince me that most of the progressive movement thinks they were awake.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Those Republicans don't get paid enough to come up with the deluded spin that Obama's campaign is unraveling and Romney's destroying them. Then again the Teabaggers are stupid enough to swallow anything they're told by a "friendly voice" so maybe it's the easiest job ever.
What do homosexuals have to do with it?

Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That's because Obama's statement was basically what a sane human being would expect. He said that the attack occurred; that it's terrible; that the men who died were heroes; that even though we don't stand for the things in that movie, we value free speech; that America will not be deterred; and that American troops will kill the guys who did the attack. That's what everyone in that situation should say.

Romney, on the other hand, decided to concoct this whole painfully contrived gobbledygook about how Obama is "apologizing" for America and then double down on it. So naturally, he got a lot of questions for that. That kind of stuff appeals to a small militant right-wing fringe that lives here on city-data and am talk radio, but not to the majority of people in this nation.
I see that you have taken a progressive head count. I sure hope you aren't right and do very seriously think you are.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
That`s not all he`s got. He`s got a lead in most polls and it`s growing.
Sorry, magoo, but the only poll I watch is the Rasmussen one and it shows that the whole convention bounce has bounced out and theirs is right back where it was before the conventions.

You do know that the administration has told Gallup to make sure that Obama doesn't get behind on theirs again before the election. Well, hell no, you don't know that.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
We are soon going to reach the point where right-wingers insist the polls are all incorrect. It happened in 1996 and in 2008 and it will happen again this time.

They were correct, in one sense. The polling made the elections look closer than they were.
Yep, you don't watch the Rasmussen polls at all, do you? They were very right in both those Democrat wins and most people didn't see it because they are so hard right leaning. Leaners keep themselves as ignorant of many facts as possible and you just proved that.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Loved one of his (Romney's) latest comments: When asked what he thought middle class was he said "$200,000 to $250,000 income per year"

To think that even at the height of my career I was lower lower class. Where's my welfare check?
Where did you pick up that fact about Romney? I missed it I guess.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There's this amazing new technology called a phone. You pick it up and it allows you to actually talk to someone without being in the same room.
Does that thing work when you are busy raising campaign funds? I just wondered since Obama has been campaigning and presidenting for nearly a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections