Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 03:44 PM

1,196 posts, read 840,364 times

Advertisements

OBAMA DOCTRINE= Turmoil in the Middle East, QE3, devalued U.S. dollar, rising oil prices, toxic economic policies sending the American and global economy into recession, world war III.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 04:04 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,547,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
OBAMA DOCTRINE= Turmoil in the Middle East, QE3, devalued U.S. dollar, rising oil prices, toxic economic policies sending the American and global economy into recession, world war III.

Got anything to prove all that?

I didn't think so.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:08 PM

27,175 posts, read 15,356,275 times
Yes, open your front door.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Got to admit though that this rash of current events isn't doing the man any good.
QE III, downgrading of our credit, the "don't dis Mohammad" attacks...just bad news all around these days.

And I don't blame him personally for all that is wrong. He's one man and he does not have absolute power to make things happen.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:29 PM

47,010 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
- human sacrifice, dogs and cast living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:41 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,530,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Got to admit though that this rash of current events isn't doing the man any good.
QE III, downgrading of our credit, the "don't dis Mohammad" attacks...just bad news all around these days.

And I don't blame him personally for all that is wrong. He's one man and he does not have absolute power to make things happen.
I'll agree to a point

However, He was elected president and took an OATH as the leader of the most powerful
nation on planet earth. He had an opportunity to really turn things around but for some reason
he became MISGUIDED with a policy that has produced nothing positive and worst of all he's
managed to divide Americans

If any of us had a job performance like his we'd be looking for a job...nothing personal just business.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I'll agree to a point

However, He was elected president and took an OATH as the leader of the most powerful
nation on planet earth. He had an opportunity to really turn things around but for some reason
he became MISGUIDED with a policy that has produced nothing positive and worst of all he's
managed to divide Americans

If any of us had a job performance like his we'd be looking for a job...nothing personal just business.
I was looking for a statement from the WH on these turn of events regarding the Libyan consulate attack and nothing has come out today. No statements. Makes you wonder what is going on..well it makes me wonder. Why the silence ? The last statement was that it was not an attack but a protest in reaction to the film. That is now not true.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:46 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,969,783 times
I don't have the heart to tell hogstooth that QE3 (monetary policy) is entirely in the domain of the independent Federal Reserve, not the president.

I also said it several times today, the dollar has not been devalued. In fact, it's higher today than when Bush was president.

But I don't know why conservatives have a boner for high dollar value? A weaker dollar makes American products more competitive and thus the U.S. exports more and creates more jobs domestically.

As financial writer, Barry Ritholtz said in 2011:

Quote:
The hand-wringing about the US dollar is rather late to the party.

Where were all you concerned dollar bulls earlier in the decade? It strikes me that like the late-to-discover inflation, you folks cannot spot a trend until it bites you in your collective asses.

While the WSJ is upset that the dollar has been range bound between 72-87 the past 3 years, I strongly urge them to look at the 7 years before that.

Consider the following charts: The one at right was in today’s WSJ, and shows the US currency off by less than 20% over the past few years.
That’s not a dollar collapse; A fall from 121.02 in July 2001 to 70.69 in March 2008 — Now THATS a dollar collapse:

mmmmmmm

Old 09-15-2012, 04:48 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,547,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yes, open your front door.

In other words, ya got nuthin' to prove such a "doctrine" exists.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:56 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,747,551 times
No matter which side you're on, this election should be about the issues. Right now, it just isn't. This election is devolving into:
"OMG, Romney is so rich!! What a scumbag!!"
"OMG, people only voted for Obama because their black or they're trying to prove they aren't racists!!"
"OMG, you criticized Obama!! You're a racist!!"
"OMG, Romney's refusing to release every tax return from his adult life!!"
"OMG, Romney has investment accounts in foreign countries!! How dare he?? Traitor!!"
"OMG, Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim and he's here in America to put America under Sharia Law!!"
"OMG, Barack Obama was born in Kenya and isn't even a US citizen!!"
"OMG, did you hear?? Bain Capital = Vulture Capitalism!! Romney is EEEEVIL!!"

All of that is smokescreens and idiocy. If you feel that Barack Obama has done a great job as president, you should vote for him. If you think he's done a terrible job and you feel Romney would do a better job, you should vote for Romney. If your vote is based primarily on by a bunch of conspiracy theories then IMHO you're too stupid to vote and shouldn't be allowed to do so. If you vote based on who the better looking candidate is, who can make the prettier speech, which one has better fashion sense or anything like that, you're too stupid to vote and you really shouldn't be allowed to.

This election is increasingly about how each side can retell the facts about totally unrelated things to make the other side sound like their candidate is a bad person. The fact that Americans fall for it is a sad commentary on the intelligence of the average American.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 09-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: there's no excuse for bad grammar ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections