Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So, they are using my taxpayer money to have TV shows alter their plotlines to make me feel better about a healthcare program I am against?

This election can't come soon enough.

No, they're using tax payers funds to inform the Public on their options. Similar to Medicare programs. You honestly believe IF Romney and Ryan win and they move forward with they're Medicare program, there wouldn't be a Marketing blitz? Please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,361,148 times
I forgot to add that the shrewdness of Dr. Oz pushing Obamacare is because his followers run out and buy every new potion and gimmick he recommends on his show. Our family has a health food/supplement business and we hear, "Dr. Oz says" fifty zillion times a day. (On the other hand, his "recommendations" have made us a lot of profit). Dr. Oz could eat lentils and fart on his show, and they'd consider it a recommendation.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,722,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Jr. Where? Show the outrage on these boards. I will wait for you to back up your LIE. But then again, still waiting for all others, so moving right along.
Son....I didn't say it was only on C-D did I?

I said LIBERALS were outraged.

As for the proof:

The Black Commentator - Cover Story: Armstrong Williams - The Biggest ***** of All - Issue 121

The Other Armstrong Williams Scandal | PR Watch

Armstrong Williams payoff scandal sullies PR industry | News - Advertising Age

...and so you were SAYING????

Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
No, they're using tax payers funds to inform the Public on their options. Similar to Medicare programs. You honestly believe IF Romney and Ryan win and they move forward with they're Medicare program, there wouldn't be a Marketing blitz? Please

PSA ads would be one thing....and I really wouldn't have much problem with it except that at this time in our history, our money could be better spent than to promote something that is already forced on us by US Law.

Telling Hollywood (because they are mostly Liberals) to insert pro-Obamacare plots into their sit-coms is like using subliminal advertising.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Son....I didn't say it was only on C-D did I?

I said LIBERALS were outraged.

As for the proof:

The Black Commentator - Cover Story: Armstrong Williams - The Biggest ***** of All - Issue 121

From Your article.
Quote:
Armstrong Williams’ services were procured by written contract – an innovation in the political payola trade – which stipulated that "Mr. Williams shall utilize his long-term working relationships with 'America's Black Forum'…to encourage the producers to periodically address the No Child Left Behind Act [NCLB]," according to the New York Times. In return for $240,000 in public funds, laundered as “advertising” fees, the contract required Williams to “regularly comment on NCLB during the course of his broadcasts" on his own TV show, The Right Side, and that "Secretary Paige and other department officials shall have the option of appearing from time to time as studio guests." Williams had no trouble arranging for Paige to appear on America’s Black Forum, as well – a freebie for the big-spending Bush crew.
Quote:
The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) called on the White House to “rebuke those in the Department of Education who used taxpayer dollars to pay off conservative commentator Armstrong Williams in an attempt to influence public opinion on administration policy.”
Not a PR firm but a Conservative talking head. Try again.
The Other Armstrong Williams Scandal | PR Watch

NOT a PR firm but a Conservative talking head

Armstrong Williams payoff scandal sullies PR industry | News - Advertising Age

...and so you were SAYING????
Do you even attempt to Read no do you comprehend any of your articles? I mean dang...even the 3rd article says it all. Truely pathetic attempt.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
In 2005, Mitt advocated for a universial healthcare plan for Ma., that included individual mandates. Since then, he became anti healthcare and more recently said he would embrace aspects of Obamacare. Does anyone know how he feels about the topic, today?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
PSA ads would be one thing....and I really wouldn't have much problem with it except that at this time in our history, our money could be better spent than to promote something that is already forced on us by US Law.

Telling Hollywood (because they are mostly Liberals) to insert pro-Obamacare plots into their sit-coms is like using subliminal advertising.
]

And this time in our history, I money could be better spent rather than supporting other nations with their security. But that doesn't stop Ole Mittens with wanting to start a war. That don't stop old Mittens and Ryan with wanting to increase defense spending.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In 2005, Mitt advocated for a universial healthcare plan for Ma., that included individual mandates. Since then, he became anti healthcare and more recently said he would embrace aspects of Obamacare. Does anyone know how he feels about the topic, today?

Exactly..Willard stated just last week that he would maintain parts of the Healthcare Law. The wind has changed a bit in the North East, so lets see what he has to say today.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Do you even attempt to Read no do you comprehend any of your articles? I mean dang...even the 3rd article says it all. Truely pathetic attempt.

You wanted PROOF that there was an uproar about Armstrong Williams promoting Bush's No Child Left Behind program and I PROVED there was.

I mean DANG....you can't seem to keep your complaints straight!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

WTF does any of that have to do with using taxpayer money to promote Obamacare on TV sit-coms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections