Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 11:14 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Dixiegirl, I admire your loyalty.

But smell the coffee. Your man is a tool. He's made that clear repeatedly. Obama had nothing to do with it.

You support Obama and can call someone a tool with a straight face. This is going to do nothing but backfire on you Obamalings. This is the sort of issue that fires up the Republican base and actually many Independent voters whose main issues are the economy and the horrendous debt this nation is accumulating. I wouldn't doubt that someone within the Romney campaign leaked this snippet of video themselves. What better way to get the conversation back on the economy and fiscal issues which is where Mitt Romney wants to focus. Think about it, those high dollar fund raisers are highly screened and security it tighter than a tick. So, thanks for keeping it going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,579,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What better way to get the conversation back on the economy and fiscal issues

And the nude Russian dancers.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What a broad spectrum those Democrats represent. Interesting...Obama pulled a higher percentage of upper income folks too.

lol...
Broad spectrum? Hardly. 73% of those earning less than $15K, and 60% of those earning $15-30K voted Democrat.

That's not a broad spectrum. That's a spectrum HEAVILY weighted to the low end. Which actually makes sense. Democrats keep promising them freebies as long as they agree to remain poor under Democrat social policies.

Census Bureau: Poverty At Record Levels Under Obama

Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,429,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
But he is, talking about them. And not nicely.
People who can work are riding off the coat tails for our sympathy for the people who can not work and the elderly. A lot of Americans feel this way. If you are one of them OWN IT. It's pretty harsh to hear how others think about you. The political spin is going to be disgraceful. We will not talk about those who are on extended unemployment or on welfare because UE ran out. We will not talk about these people because these people WANT TO WORK but OBAMA did a TERRIBLE JOB OF JOBS.

It's the working poor, the middle class and the rich that get to pay for these people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI
This lady, Peggy Joseph, thinks Barack Obama will pay for her gas, mortgage, and who knows what else.

Here is another comment:
My son turned 18 this year so it is his first chance to vote. He told me his friends are voting Obama because of “the stuff he is going to give them”. How long can we last with an entire segment of society that votes to for free stuff?

The next thing Obama will want us to believe is that Sharia law is good.

Last edited by eRayP; 09-18-2012 at 11:28 AM..

Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,313,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Romney hit the nail on the head. If the takers want to keep taking they will vote for Obama.
Who are the real takers. The people who have been denied the opportunity to create better life for themselves or those that have been fortunate enough to take advantage of opportunities in this country and treat less fortunate Americans like dirt?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,421,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Am I the only democrat who believes the release of this video will have zero impact on the election?
All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.
Just one comment alone won't sink Mitt, but they all add up.

Interestingly, I noticed Mitt's speech was fluent, rapid, and had none of the stuttering and long pauses we have seen since January. This made me think he was speaking his truly held beliefs, and is only mentally secure when surrounded by his own.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Then maybe the problem isn't with the candidates as much as it is with the "base". I wouldn't be the first to suggest that they've become so extreme and out of touch with the rest of the population, that likely no GOP candidate would be able to reconcile the two different constituencies.

Can't disagree with that, but it is what it is. It's a huge problem with the Republican party overall, but it doesn't change the situation. If Romney has problems with the 'base', Huntsman would never make it.

Also, it seems the Democrats have gotten fairly extreme themselves. That was visible at their convention and they are much more divided than they want to admit. The difference is that they will pull together in the end not matter who they run. That's pretty clear with the number of them still supporting Obama even though he is clearly over his head in every way.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,216,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Jeez...with a son like you, who needs enemies?
I love him, but he's full of it. He has a pensiondue to his union, but he's anti-union for everyone else. He thinks SS should end for everyone under 50. He complains about health insurance for all when he has state insurance he doesn't have to pay for. That's hypocritical and unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You pay a large amount in taxes, and Romney commenting that 47% pay no federal income tax offends you?

The logical conclusion to your statement is that it's okay that 47% pay no federal income tax and since you're a federal income taxpayer, you're more than willing to pay even more in taxes to support that 47%. Is that how you feel?
My beef with his statement is that he coupled it with all of Obama supporters, which is simply off. Because there are many poor republicans dependent on gov and financially stable people who supported Obama. I think the rhetoric is boloney and dishonest.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,046,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
People who can work are riding off the coat tails for our sympathy for the people who can not work and the elderly. A lot of Americans feel this way. If you are one of them OWN IT. It's pretty harsh to hear how others think about you. The political spin is going to be disgraceful. We will not talk about those who are on extended unemployment or on welfare because UE ran out. We will not talk about these people because these people WANT TO WORK but OBAMA did a TERRIBLE JOB OF JOBS.

So if you disagree with Romney that means you're one of the 47% because the only people who work and pay taxes are republicans?

Gee I guess I'm a republican then because I make six figures and pay federal income tax. Sorry but I don't sweat eitc because that money goes back into our economy. I don't sweat the elderly or disabled who don't pay taxes because they truly earn a pittance. The frauds who get disability when they could work are scum but they are not the majority of the disabled. They are not the ones breaking the budget...the stupid mic is what is killing us but we can never cut that because we have to be ready to go kill poor and backward people on the other side of the planet at a moments notice.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Who are the real takers. The people who have been denied the opportunity to create better life for themselves or those that have been fortunate enough to take advantage of opportunities in this country and treat less fortunate Americans like dirt?
Who is treated like dirt? Surely not those who are given free food, clothing, and shelter.

The productive contributors are being treated like dirt. The Dems and liberals demonize them every chance they get, despite the fact that they are the ones providing the government freebie giveaways. Dems/liberals bite the hand that feeds those very same less fortunate. That's sick and repulsive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections