Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,300,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Even if I was a part of that 47% I would still vote for him because I believe in personal responsibility unlike yourself and the rest of you swooners.
So let me get this straight, even if you were a "freeloader" you would still vote for the guy who wants to cut you off....and being a "freeloader" isn't the same as taking responsibility for anything, right? So basically, you are a walking contradiction?

Actually I do take personal responsibility for what I do, I am working to pay off my college loans that helped me get my degree. The tax breaks I enjoy are what help me pay for food and housing, so getting all my money back each tax season isn't the same as being a "freeloader" now is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM

13,539 posts, read 17,097,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
None of them are regular employees or journalists...only contributors.
If 90% of your programming is these "contributors" saying that Obama sucks, what difference does it make?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,492,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So let me get this straight, even if you were a "freeloader" you would still vote for the guy who wants to cut you off....and being a "freeloader" isn't the same as taking responsibility for anything, right? So basically, you are a walking contradiction?

Actually I do take personal responsibility for what I do, I am working to pay off my college loans that helped me get my degree. The tax breaks I enjoy are what help me pay for food and housing, so getting all my money back each tax season isn't the same as being a "freeloader" now is it.
So, tax breaks for you but nobody else? Yep, that's what you are alluding to. If you get everything back plus some each year, you are not contributing you are taking.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
So, tax breaks for you but nobody else? Yep, that's what you are alluding to. If you get everything back plus some each year, you are not contributing you are taking.
Oh, so you are saying you don't do any tax breaks when you file your taxes? That is very noble of you.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM

1,196 posts, read 842,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Soros Media Matters is your source

Emails Reveal Justice Department Enlists Media Matters to Spin Press

Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,492,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh, so you are saying you don't do any tax breaks when you file your taxes? That is very noble of you.
Don't you complain about "rich" people taking tax breaks? PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE! Isn't that what your messiah wants YOU to do too? Or is that just for everyone else?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Don't you complain about "rich" people taking tax breaks? PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE! Isn't that what your messiah wants YOU to do too? Or is that just for everyone else?
And when I am as rich as Romney, I promise to not use tax breaks that are only available to the richest people and will do my part to pay my fair share. Until then, I am doing my fair share by paying back my loans and working my way up into a career.

Maybe you should stop listening to Fox News so much, Obama isn't my "messiah" he is my president and a man I voted for in 2008 and 2012. There is a huge difference. Besides, you should never believe in false prophets, and trust me Mitt is no messiah for you.

Oh and from the famous Ronald Reagan.
Quote:
When President Reagan urged the passage of the 1986 tax overhaul, he said that ”millions of working poor will be completely dropped from the tax roles,” which he said would make the tax overhaul package ”one of the best anti-poverty programs this country has ever seen.”

Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,194,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post

Soros Media Matters is your source

Emails Reveal Justice Department Enlists Media Matters to Spin Press
The fact is that these people are working for the Romney campaign, so what is your point?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM

24,530 posts, read 33,420,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You know, this is funny, but also depressingly true. I heard a piece on NPR yesterday about media bias, and they had a professor saying NPR and NY Times skewed about 2 to 1 liberal to conservative. Fox News skewed something like 15 to 1 conservative.
That professor is wrong.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM

24,530 posts, read 33,420,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Only because he and his cronies were too busy raiding companies and putting thousands of Americans out of work AND than he has the audacity to call them "freeloaders". I just thought of something was'nt Obama like 10 years old whens Ayers was doing that? How old was bush/cheney when they manufactored a series of lies which resulted in over 5000 American and over 500,000 Iraqi citizens death?
They didn't manufacture a series of lies so your question can't be answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections