Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Mitch McConnell made that comment almost 2 years after Obama took office because he was doing a dismal job. It was and still is a perfectly logical goal to get him out of office. He has done nothing to make the economy better and spends money like he thinks that causes it to reproduce or something. His foreign policy has American looking weak and stupid. He needs to go. Yes, I will vote for Romney. (The filibusters were mostly due to the liberal policies they tried to sneak into bills.)
Why don't Republicans be honest and simply say there is NOTHING that Obama and the Democrats could do that would in the mind of Republicans and their supporters be considered even mildly satisfactory? Obviously you don't want to compliment your opponents too much if you want to regain power, but there's been hardly anything that Obama has done that has garnered any real praise from the other side.

At best he's received backhanded compliments as he did with the killing of Osama. Otherwise its been non-stop raking him over the coals and saying how horrible a job he's done even while you're doing EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to mess up anything he and the Democrats want to do.

Its like you and I are in a car together and you're the driver and I'm doing everything I can think of to distract and mess you up so that you'll get into an accident and then I can go and yell and critisize you for being a bad driver. That's pretty much what the Republicans have done the past 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Why don't Republicans be honest and simply say there is NOTHING that Obama and the Democrats could do that would in the mind of Republicans and their supporters be considered even mildly satisfactory? Obviously you don't want to compliment your opponents too much if you want to regain power, but there's been hardly anything that Obama has done that has garnered any real praise from the other side.

At best he's received backhanded compliments as he did with the killing of Osama. Otherwise its been non-stop raking him over the coals and saying how horrible a job he's done even while you're doing EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to mess up anything he and the Democrats want to do.

Its like you and I are in a car together and you're the driver and I'm doing everything I can think of to distract and mess you up so that you'll get into an accident and then I can go and yell and critisize you for being a bad driver. That's pretty much what the Republicans have done the past 4 years.
Listen, I will give credit where credit is due, but I have sen pretty much nothing Obama has done that deserves credit. Well except for negative credit.

Yes I want to stop the Dems and Obama from a lot of things they want to do. I don't want higher taxes, I don't want this country to become more racist then it already is. I don't want to have to support others because they are lazy.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Mitch McConnell made that comment almost 2 years after Obama took office because he was doing a dismal job. It was and still is a perfectly logical goal to get him out of office. He has done nothing to make the economy better and spends money like he thinks that causes it to reproduce or something. His foreign policy has American looking weak and stupid. He needs to go. Yes, I will vote for Romney. (The filibusters were mostly due to the liberal policies they tried to sneak into bills.)
When Mitch said it is irrelevant its his saying that making Obama a 1 term President is the GOP's highest priority.Kinda sheds light on the GOP's true objective = not helping the President do anything to help the American economic situation.
274 filibusters most of which were to prevent any aspect of Obama's jobs bill from passing.
The American Jobs Act — President Barack Obama's Jobs Plan

I'll guess you'll also disagree with this commentary on how its really going down
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/op...loit.html?_r=0
Quote:
Think of it as a two-part strategy. First, obstruct any and all efforts to strengthen the economy, then exploit the economy’s weakness for political gain. If this strategy sounds cynical, that’s because it is. Yet it’s the G.O.P.’s best chance for victory in November..
And what happens if the strategy of obstruct-and-exploit succeeds? Is this the shape of politics to come? If so, America will have gone a long way toward becoming an ungovernable banana republic.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-03-2012 at 12:32 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM

717 posts, read 648,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Oh you are friends with the "free Obama phones person" !!!
You do realise Reagan started that program, don't you?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South
While McConnell made that statement in October 2010, it was only part of a long standing campaign to undermine the new President.

According to James Wolcott, of Vanity Fair, quotes Robert Draper's just published book "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives,"
Quote:
the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
This meeting occurred in the early days of the new Administration.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:25 PM

717 posts, read 648,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
And the Food Stamps program was started back in 1939 with 4 million people in 1943. But under the Food Stamp President Oblamer, we now have 47 MILLION people on Food Stamps, up from 32 MILLION in just 3.5 years!

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/rules/L...n/timeline.pdf
Gosh and right in the middle of a world-wide recession too! Hey, you don't think those two might be . . .related do you? NAH!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Listen, I will give credit where credit is due, but I have sen pretty much nothing Obama has done that deserves credit. Well except for negative credit.

Yes I want to stop the Dems and Obama from a lot of things they want to do. I don't want higher taxes, I don't want this country to become more racist then it already is. I don't want to have to support others because they are lazy.

Parents of chronically ill children that now have health care coverage will give him credit
Gays in the military that no longer having to hide their identity will give him credit
Women getting equal pay for equal work will give him credit
The world is a safer place without Bin Laden and that is to Obama's credit
Soldeirs home from Iraq and their families when the war was finally ended will give him credit
Veterans with the help that Obama and The First Lady are offering to them and their families will give him credit
Employees of the auto industry will give him credit

There's more, but I do not need to list them all as they are clearly listed on various sites. When it comes down to it, the people that are directy affected by Obama's accomplishments and the people that have empathy for others are clearly the ones that realize that Obama deserves credit for much.

You are not specific in your statement referring to higher taxes. Are you in the top 1%?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-03-2012 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
And with all the obstructionism he faced with a GOP sabotaging his every effort He accomplished much, one can only wonder where America would be today with a GOP giving full participation rather than sitting on their butts for 4 years.
President Obama’s Accomplishments | 3CHICSPOLITICO

Theres many more, heres another.
What has Obama Done? Here Are 200 Accomplishments! With Citations! (The PCTC Blog )
Sure these two links are leftwing based but taking the time to read through them gives many facts on Obama's accomplishments.

Just to be fair heres a rightie view of Obamas accomplishments ..
NESARA- Restore America - Galactic News: List Of Obama Accomplishments!

Last edited by jambo101; 10-03-2012 at 01:11 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Parents of chronically ill children that now have health care coverage will give him credit
Gays in the military that no longer having to hide their identity will give him credit
Women getting equal pay for equal work will give him credit
The world is a safer place without Bin Laden and that is to Obama's credit
Soldeirs home from Iraq and their families when the war was finally ended will give him credit
Veterans and the help that Obama and The First Lady are offering to them and their families will give him credit
Employees of the auto industry will give him credit

There's more, but I do not need to list them all as they are clearly listed on various sites. When it comes down to it, the people that are directy affected by Obama's accomplishments and the people that have empathy for others are clearly the ones that realize that Obama deserves credit for much.

You are not specific in your statement referring to higher taxes. Are you in the top 1%?
well, since the Dems claim women still don't get equal pay for equal work, I guess they won't give hime credit.
Obama okay'd an order, he did not kill bin laden
All the soldiers I know when I am at the VA and friends of mine, do not give him credit since for one, there are still soldiers in Iraq, plus the more he is sending back already.
Lets see, I am a veteran and nope nothing Obama has done.

No, I am talking about the top 49% you know the ones who already pay taxes and Obama wants to raise them on.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Will Oblamer's loss be Bush's fault, too?

He will attribute his loss not to his poor performance, but to "racism". He will always have an excuse- a failure always has a scapegoat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections