Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM

756 posts, read 714,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks for filling us in on what to expect...your liberal, uninformed views really make an impression on every American...

Not surprising ... you con's have always had trouble handling the truth.

Swiss Mitt needs a big performance tonight ... or he's in big trouble.

Wouldn't it be hilarious, by the way, if Swissy has a Rick Perry-like "Oops" moment in the debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post

Not surprising ... you con's have always had trouble handling the truth.

Swiss Mitt needs a big performance tonight ... or he's in big trouble.

Wouldn't it be hilarious, by the way, if Swissy has a Rick Perry-like "Oops" moment in the debate?
OMG if that would happen??? Mitt can't afford an oops moment, he has TOO much pressure riding on this debate. If he has moment like that he will be known as the loser presidential candidate that won't go away. When he loses this election, I truly hope he gives it up and gets the message that his party is clearly trying to convey--THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU MITT ROMNEY ESPECIALLY THE 47%!!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
I agree. We know what they are going to say already. They will declare Obama the winner no matter what, because they are "in the tank" for Obama.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Juan Williams says Obama is going to tell how much better off we are today. In other words, he is going to lie. No wonder; his record is of failure. All he can do is lie!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
I doubt any one candidate will crush the other, tonight. They'll both be well-briefed / prepared and ready. There could be some mis-speaks, confusion on answers and I wouldn't pick at that too much. It's a pressure-packed event for these two. I hope they keep to the format and instead of digging at one another personally or telling falsehoods ... they honestly discuss the issues and their positions about them.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:33 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
In a recent poll conducted, it revealed Obama is favored to stomp Willard in the debate by a margin of 22%.
Sounds right to me

"The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Sept., 27-30 among 1,001 adults, including 828 registered voters, finds that by a 51%-29% margin, more voters say Obama will do better than Romney in Wednesday’s debate."

Obama Expected to Win First Presidential Debate | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

He should with Rick Perry as Romney's debating coach.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I doubt any one candidate will crush the other, tonight. They'll both be well-briefed / prepared and ready. There could be some mis-speaks, confusion on answers and I wouldn't pick at that too much. It's a pressure-packed event for these two. I hope they keep to the format and instead of digging at one another personally or telling falsehoods ... they honestly discuss the issues and their positions about them.
Discussing the issues? I'm not holding my breath.

I was at a Senate debate a few years ago with Al Franken, the Republican contender, and the Independent. The only one to address the issues was the Independent, the other two just spoke broad talking points and said what we wanted to hear. I would have voted for the Independent candidate if the race hadn't been so close because I genuinely disliked the Republican.

Here is to a good debate!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That doesn't make sense. All that would do is raise expectations, making it harder for Obama to achieve a decisive victory in the debate. Long standing political strategy is for a campaign to act like they're not very good at debating, but the other guy is. By lowering expectations in that way, they can do a decent job and come off looking surprisingly good. Both parties do it.
It makes plenty of sense. The Obama campaign could care less about the actual poll, why it was conducted, or what it's results are. The real intent here is to impress upon the populace....not Barack Obama....that the President will blow Mitt Romney out of the water, thereby producing a narrative that fits in with the broader suggestion that Mitt Romney doesn't have a chance to win this election.

These types of polls aren't aimed at the candidates....these are aimed at the apathetic pawns who lap it up and to coerce them into drawing a conclusion where none is to be found.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68

We were losing 3/4 of a billion jobs a month when Obama came into office
And there ya have it, folks.

I snagged the quote off another post. There's a reason I love the ignore button.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

False, FDR had unemployment well into the double digits and won three times. Just like he said. "No one since the Great Depression" FDR was President for 12 years of the Great Depression. Obama has tried FDRs ideas to spur the econonmy. They didn't work then, they don't work now.

False again, the ACA is popular amongst americans. Keep in mind Willard's Romneycare is what the ACA is based off it.

It's not based on Massachusetts. And poll after poll shows it is unpoular. In Ohio there was a vote to ignore Obamacare. 87 of 88 counties voted to get rid of it. This was the same day that the unions turned out record numbers to overturn SB5. Democrats don't even like Obamacare.

We were losing 3/4 of a million jobs a month when Obama came into office and he turned it around to 30 straight months of positive job growth. We still have a long way to go, but Obama has done quite well even with the GOP thugs abusing the filibuster like no other congress in history, trying to sabotage absolutely everything they can that would better the nation in a childish attempt to make Obama look bad.

Unemployment is higher now than when Obama took office. And perception is what matters in politics. The perception is that Obama has not a clue about the economy. Unless you're some kind of moron.

The iowa state fair is hardly any kind of way to assess voter opinion Not to mention their poll didn't include Paul, who won the state in the primaries.

Iowa doesn't have a primary.
Class Dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections