Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It comes down to this.. People voted for Obama because he was a good speaker, a good bull $hitter. Now that he has had 4 years in office and has done absolutely nothing meaningful and our economy is worse off he has nothing to run on. So, he must be on attack and not run on his accomplishments. I firmly believe he had the right ideas coming into office. Heck, I wish he would have been able to pull it off. But the facts are he did not have the experience nor did he have a realistic view of the world. For instance, we nor will any other religion or country be at peace with radical muslim's. It will never, never happen. To think that he could create something that will never be was naive at best and dangerous, as we have seen, at it's worst. So, back to the voters. I think we all want what he was selling in some form or another even though we, as a country, will never achieve it. But, folks do not like to think they have been duped, that they are/were wrong and will follow this titanic to the bottom of the sea.

To be totally honest, I felt bad for Obama tonight. He looked like a puppy that just got spanked for peeing on the floor. On the flip side he should have never been put in the whitehouse to begin with. The world is not a friendly place and never will be. While we can create pockets of what we are looking for in our own communities we will never see that as a world view. To put someone in the white house that doesn't understand this is a major mistake. When it comes down to defending our country economically and militarily I want someone like Romney. Not some wishy-washy community organizer. One final note, I don't agree with everything Romney stands for but he has the leadership ability to get us out of this mess and while he might not restore our international standings I would prefer that he helps those in our borders verses those outside.
I'm not voting for Obama, but your post is laughable.

You condemn Obama because he is a good speaking bullshyter, yet that is exactly what Romney was tonight.

You want someone like Romney, not a wishy washy person? Is this a joke? You say you don't agree with everything Romney stands for? Nobody, not even Romney knows what he stands for.

Like I said, a joke of a post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 AM

684 posts, read 824,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Nice joke, did you get it from Stormfront?

White Power!!!!!

Proves that one of the biggest reasons you dislike Obama is because of his skin color. You admitted yourself.
That was rather embarassing for her side, but aren't you the one who is constantly making Mormon jokes?

Can we assume you feel the same way about the Jewish nation that you feel about Mormons?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Romney staggered into this debate needing a miracle and FAILED. Lehrer gave Romney more chances to express himself and we heard more from Romney, but the President kept his cool. Romney's inferior ideology, passionately argued, still stinks.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
In the beginning of this thread, you admitted Romney was the big winner. Now that you have had time to reflect and make up lots of excuses, your tone has slowly changed back to full support to the corrupt one...
It's only gonna get harder for you when the polls come out tomorrow

Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
That was rather embarassing for her side, but aren't you the one who is constantly making Mormon jokes?

Can we assume you feel the same way about the Jewish nation that you feel about Mormons?
What jokes do I make about Mormons?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
I won't predict who won the debate but I can predict this thread will be closed very soon, now that insulting posters has begun.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Quote:
What jokes do I make about Mormons?
"Magic underwear" was one I saw you make earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire
3 words

Mormon Magic Underwear,

directly from God
Congratulations, you're a religious bigot. Do you seriously think it's okay to mock another religion?

Absolutely baffling that the Dems are so willing to take up the cause that Evangelical Christians have so diligently preached for over 100 years now: Absolute hatred and contempt for Mormonism. Apparently, the GOP does not have a monopoly on religious bigotry.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,265,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
One analyst is suggesting that Obama may not want to win. Interesting thought.
That's what I think too. Clearly he didn't do his usual mesmerizing act. The speaking circuit would be much more lucrative for him at this point in time and he knows it.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
"Magic underwear" was one I saw you make earlier.

Congratulations, you're a religious bigot. Do you seriously think it's okay to mock another religion?

Absolutely baffling that the Dems are so willing to take up the cause that Evangelical Christians have so diligently represented: Absolute hatred and contempt for Mormonism. Apparently, the GOP does not have a monopoly on religious bigotry.
So typing the word "Magic Underwear" = calling saying Obama's skin is the color of shyt?

You have to be kidding me.

If you think that magic underwear is hateful , you should hear some of the comments I've made about the religion I was raised in, Catholicism. Don't get me started on the priest jokes.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM

684 posts, read 824,859 times
Quote:
So typing the word "Magic Underwear" = calling saying Obama's skin is the color of shyt?

If you think that magic underwear is hateful , you should hear some of the comments I've made about the religion I was raised in, Catholicism. Don't get me started on the priest jokes.
Essentially, it's a term of disrespect. Hers was certainly cruder, but crudeness does not indicate less hateful - Simply that the poster is less crude.

The garments worn by LDS is similar to a priestly collar in that they're vestments acting as a reminder of covenants made. They are not, in fact ,'magic underwear' any more than Priests wear 'Magic collars'.

When you make comments like that, you're essentially saying, "Mormons are idiots. I can't believe they believe what they do." It has the same disrespect and dismissiveness as her comments, just with less cursing.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Quote:

Right and calling n1ggers isn't hateful. Sound about right? And hey, go ahead and call yamakas "Jew beanie hats" (can't remember where I heard that). You know it's insulting and malicious in all three cases.

The commentor said you're the one making jokes bashing Mormons. Well, I've successfully demonstrated that you are. Just own it and accept that you're a religious bigot or you're just lying to yourself. Mocking any aspect of another person's religion is bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections