Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
I hadn't thought of that but maybe he is sick of being President. Reagan & Clinton are only Presidents that seemed to enjoy their time at the WH.
Not nearly as sick as America is.

Go back to Kenya, Mr. Not My President!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I missed the debate. Did Obama use his Black Ghetto accent ? No ??

Being live I'm surprised he didn't use his "The Black Man is Screwed" language. Maybe that will be his next debate and can talk black.
No, not that I noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
He can't pull off what he stated yesterday without touching those. That's what people esp. middle class republicans fail to realize. You can lower taxes and not add to the deficit without cutting major tax credits/deductions and those are some of the biggest and just so happens to benefit the middle class and working class a heck of a lot more than the wealthy. The average mortgage of say 150k, 5.blah % is about 12k interest claimed. Take that away and peoples taxes will shoot up. It's simple. Take your home, what's owed, mortgage interest paid using last years taxes and look at where your taxable income would be without it and you can figure out how much that will cost you. Child tax credits as well.
That alone would destroy the economy and whatever recovery that we have. How many people have restructured their mortgages into longer terms because of lost jobs or paycuts ect?

Barack has to expose this to the people so they see exactly what they are getting into.

Romney will be a TYPICAL GOP president, the burden of the debt and the expense of the government will be on the people who can afford it the least.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Sad to say, another man last night with the initials J. L. was bullied by Mitt Romney.

No, I am not talking about John Lauber. John Lauber has long since departed from this world. From all accounts J. L. was an impressionable and sensitive young man. An impresionable and sensitive young man victimized at the hands of sadistic bullies--including the ring leader, Mitt Romney.

Of course, Mitt Romney has a selective memory concerning his bullying behavior as as a not-so-young student at Cranbrook many years ago.. His half-hearted apology is just that: a half-hearted apology.

He denies remembering the numerous bullying incicents which we all know are deceitful lies.

How many of the viewing public during last night's debate were horrified and astonished to witness Mitt Romney's sadistic, childhood bullying suddenly resurface at break-neck speed. Maybe you were, but I was not. A thousand times no.

Another man last night with the initials J. L., Jim Lehrer, was the latest bullying victim of Mitt Romney.

Romney plays the game of life by his rules. And only by his rules.

Romney agreed weeks ago to have Mr. Jim Lehrer moderate the debate and to abide by the strict debating guidelines and rules.

Within just a matter of a few minutes into the debate, it became quite obvious that Mitt Romney was going to moderate the debate himself and do things his way. Sadly, Jim Lehrer let the super, sadistic, aggressive bully, Mr. Romney, walk all over him.

I don't know what mindset the elederly J. L. had in preparation for the presidential debate, but J. L. should have realized that Mr. Romney is a deeply disturbed guy with an aggressive, bullying past.

MR. ROMNEY, PLEASE APOLOGIZE TO NOT ONLY TO THE DEBATE MODERATOR J. L. BUT TO THE AMERICAN ELECTORATE.

While you maybe be busting your super expensive, empty suit, buttons with a perceived debating win last night, it was anything but a win. You lost last night. Big time!

Last night, you wanted to score cheap political points at the expense of J. L., Jim Lehrer. The debate moderator, J. L., was just a pawn in your hands.

Shame on you!!!
Jim Lehrer has too much class to stoop to the level that Mitt Romney displayed last night. And by letting Mitt be an obnoxious so-and-so Lehrer gave him all the rope he needed to hang himself.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. The twittersphere and blogoshpere and Facebookers were aghast at Obama's performance last night. He was cool and in control and you know what, I don't want a "nice guy" for president, I want a leader for president.
You're being kind his speech was littered with ums and uhs not indicative of some one who is cool and in control. Considering this man is the leader of the free world it was quite unsettling to see on TV.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Jim Lehrer has too much class to stoop to the level that Mitt Romney displayed last night. And by letting Mitt be an obnoxious so-and-so Lehrer gave him all the rope he needed to hang himself.
So why did Obama speak about 4 minutes longer?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
I think Romney did well, but all the did was strengthen his position with his own people, but didn't change any minds.

Obama I think can easily recover next debate and put him away in the 3rd.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So why did Obama speak about 4 minutes longer?
Romney kept interrupting him, plus POTUS is just a long winded speech kind of guy.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You know Romney talks about the huge tax cut he will give the wealthy, but I didn't hear a word about protecting child tax deductions, mortgage deductions and education savings program deductions.

Really, what is in it for "US", the majority middle class of this country?
If the Obama team has its way, with the removal of the Bush tax cuts you already lose the child deduction protection.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM

My macro professor back in '10 said the mortgage deduction is unsustainable and will probably won't see the end of the decade. We lose 100-150 billion in revenue a year. Frankly I'd rather have a lower rate and that way I know if I earn extra money it will be taxed at X. Now you earn extra money you have no idea how much you'll be taking home.

Lowering the rate and doing away with deduction encourages investment and incentivises people to earn, create and employ more. Of course if Romney were to explicitly say he is doing away with mortgage deduction he'd be toast hence the lack of specifics.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM

235 posts, read 276,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Democrats, where exactly did you expect these debates to go? Obama has NO accomplishments, and while he's great at talking points, talking points arent worth crap during a debate when they are so easily predicted, and easily replied to.
I expect this debates to show Romney FLIP FLIP as he already did couple of times in the 1st one. All i hope is for the larger population to see it thru as few of us saw in the 1st one..

Look, Obama had the 4 years which he had.. No question about it but Romney not giving out specifics and flip flopping even on the wider policy matters is just way too much of fluf to me.. Etch a Sketch coming true in 1st debate it self...

BTW,I would like to consider myself as Democrat leaning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections