Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times

Advertisements

Of course. The altitude! Now why didn't I think of that? Why I'm amazed I could speak at all after hitting the 12,000+ foot level of Mt. Fuji when I climbed it while 11 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Thinklittleprogress is a leftist hack organization that has no credibility about anything so why waste your time?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Obama definitely took a page out of Floyd Mayweather's book last night.

Establish a lead in the early rounds, pot shot, move and cover on the ropes in the late rounds. Never press for the knockout.

Obama had the chance for the TKO last night but instead opted to give the fight to the ringside judges.
Here's a more accurate sport analogy. In football if a team dominates but does not put points on the board. The longer they let the other team hang around the chances of defeat for the dominating team increase.

If Obama is conducting himself as you say he runs a big risk of defeat.

Last edited by EdwardA; 10-04-2012 at 12:41 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Thinklittleprogress is a leftist hack organization that has no credibility about anything so why waste your time?
The American people heard directly from Romney now so the lies won't work anymore. They can't just keep saying 5 Trillion because the fallacy has been exposed.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,941,820 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm sure calling him out on his time at Bain Capital and the auto bailout would have "opened President Obama to a series of deadly thrusts?" (Is that sexual, btw?)

Are you really a real estate agent? That requires a G.E.D., right?
Yes, it would have, as Mr. Romney wold have been invited to tell everyone what Bain REALLY did, which is markedly different from what some would have you believe. And it would have opened the way for Mr. Romney to explain how an orderly bankruptcy proceeding for GM, that followed the rules & procedures set up for exactly that purpose, would have allowed the company to reorganize and become a stronger company WITHOUT making the US taxpayers the owners of a company that is continuing along the same path of fiscal mismanagement.

No, it's not sexual. I explained very clearly what it was. Can you not read?

Yes, I really am a real estate agent. What connection are you trying to draw between the minimum standards for my occupation and the discussion?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM

305 posts, read 553,608 times
Default What on earthwas wrong with Obama last night?

Seriously - is he sick? On Medication? Does he know the election is fixed? Does he hate being president and does not really want to get reelected?

Is Soros really pulling the strings and he can not take it any more.

He didn't just lose - he was out of it.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Obama definitely took a page out of Floyd Mayweather's book last night.

Establish a lead in the early rounds, pot shot, move and cover on the ropes in the late rounds. Never press for the knockout.

Obama had the chance for the TKO last night but instead opted to give the fight to the ringside judges.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The American people heard directly from Romney now so the lies won't work anymore. They can't just keep saying 5 Trillion because the fallacy has been exposed.
I looked at my own situation. I am middle class with a pretty decent income. If you were to cut my marginal rates across the board and, at the same time, eliminate my deductions for mortgage interest and health insurance (I buy my own and it is $$$), my net taxes would go up by about 50%. My "loopholes" as Romney calls them are what keep my effective rate down. Take them away and I pay more even if the marginal rates are cut as Romney wants to do. Just like the rich my humble deductions for home interest and vehicle license tax are part of the financial planning I have done. Romney would put all of that in question potentially costing my several thousand dollars per year in unplanned tax increases. Guess who I am voting for?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Everyone just got to see him for himself without a net or script.
He's been hiding behind PR plan for all of this time.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
I have to agree. Although I don't think Romney was that terrific, and I thought the Big Bird remark was silly, he was clearly more engaged and in control of the debate and got his points across much more clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections