Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I didn't see anything amusing in Paul Ryan's serious discussion of the crisis going on in the middle east, and Biden's laughter was outright disgusting.
What did the vice President find so dammed amusing?
I don't think people being bombed, women and children being slaughtered is amusing at all, and had I been Ryan, I would not only have asked the vice President what he found so amusing, I would have gone one step further, and told the moderator, "thank you, but I refuse to be seated next to a person who is obviously amused at the torture going on in the middle east."
He is not portraying the office of the vice President of these united states in a positive manner."
"He should be ashamed of himself".
"Frankly, he disgust me".
Then I would have walked off the stage.
Sadly that didn't happen, but it should have.
Biden is one heartbeat away from the presidency, and it scares the hell out of me that this bafoon could be the leader of the free world.
Bob.
Many people ridicule what they think are lies and misrepresentation with bemused smiles and smirks. It's preferable to yelling out "you lie" for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 12:51 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,580,779 times
people complaining that Biden's laughter is "disgusting" while Paul Ryan proceeds to bring up car crashes which is how Joe lost his first wife and daughter. Now that's more a long the lines of "disgusting"

Old 10-12-2012, 12:51 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,480,391 times
Quote:
I didn't see anything amusing in Paul Ryan's serious discussion of the crisis going on in the middle east, and Biden's laughter was outright disgusting.
What did the vice President find so dammed amusing?
Biden was laughing at the BS and mischaracterizations spewing from Ryan - not laughing at serious situations. You know that. You can't see it but there is similar laughter and head shaking over posts here.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,734,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
for the people who is saying Biden was acting like a bully last night. Iran is a Bully, North Korea is a bully, and we need someone who can give it back, and that is Biden.

Ryan is a nice person (I personally find repulsive his position on abortion and birth control) and he might be somehow informed BUT he is not VP material. No offense.
That is correct....and clear every time he speaks. He impresses me about like Tim Geithner impresses me, which is to say that there are few public figures that come to mind who sound more mechanical and disingenuous. Heaven forbid that he ever would become President....he is way over his head.

I can't imagine anyone thinking that we have anything but the worst choices before us in decades this time around.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
Ryan taken care of, next up .... the dismantling of Romney will begin.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,640,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Ryan taken care of, next up .... the dismantling of Romney will begin.
It would be nice if Obama would once and for all show that Romney's car elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Biden had to stop Ryan before he could implement the Gish Gallop technique of drowning your opponent out with lies before they can address each one. Biden was successful at what I will call "mendax interruptus".

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did I hear correctly or did Ryan say that we should "absolutly apologize for America" when the mod asked about something US servicemen had done in Afghanistan? I am pretty sure he said that.
I'm pretty sure I heard the same thing.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,580,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
biden showed that all he and obummer can do is lie

ryan showed he is a better VP candidate
riiight. except when Biden calls Ryan out in the middle of his lies the righties get all up in arms.

i guess you guys would rather have someone who will politely lie to your face than someone who comes across as a jerk but tells it like it is.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM

861 posts, read 1,250,723 times
After last night's debate, I think Biden should be cast at The Joker in the next Batman film.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections