Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,175,494 times

Advertisements

My mom and wife both voted for Obama in 2008 but aren't voting for him this year. They both said they got caught up in the hype of voting for the first black(ish) president but weren't overly impressed with how he had done. Both my mother and wife are pretty centrist voters... I think they will represent a pretty large group of middle to upper middle income voters who weren't pleased with the job Obama has done.

That being said, they aren't happy with Romney either but they have more confidence in him with the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,880,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I am just curious what about him has made him the "worst candidate ever"?
My guess is because he's black. I have never in my life seen so many people tell me they won't vote for Obama, but it has nothing to do with his skin color. Yeah, right.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,175,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
My guess is because he's black. I have never in my life seen so many people tell me they won't vote for Obama, but it has nothing to do with his skin color. Yeah, right.
This will be Obama's crux for as long as he lives.

If you don't like Barack...you're a racist.
If you disagree with him...you're a racist.
If you want him voted out...you're a racist.

Barack Obama sucks at his job...thats why I want him voted out.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,642,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My wife voted for Obama in the last election, but is voting for Romney in this one.

She admits that she got caught up in the hype last time.
This what happened to me. I am so disappointed in him, I can't even begin to say how much. Never again.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:15 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,973,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Barack Obama sucks at his job...
Turning the nation from the 2nd worst recession ever back to steady consistent growth- not sucking at his job.

Saving the American auto industry- not sucking at his job.

Making college more accessible to more students- not sucking at his job.

Helping my child to stay on my health insurance until he's 26 so if he gets in a car wreck it doesn't bankrupt me and bankrupt him- not sucking at his job.

Turning world sentiment toward America from our allies from the severe negatives it was under Bush to the positives it is today- not sucking at his job.

My 401(k) and my IRA up with the market under his watch- not sucking at his job.

To me, making economic progress and at the same time drawing down on overseas military entanglements= a president not sucking at his job.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM

577 posts, read 901,094 times
Sister voted for him last election, regrets it, not voting for him this election. Her reasons are due to the economy, and she thinks Obama is in way over his head and floundering.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Turning the nation from the 2nd worst recession ever back to steady consistent growth- not sucking at his job. Hardly consistent growth.. More like anemic growth. We were out of the recession 6 months after Obama was sworn in, and things are NOT better.

Saving the American auto industry- not sucking at his job. He saved NOTHING but union pensions and jobs. At a horrible cost to taxpayers. We LOST big on that one.

Making college more accessible to more students- not sucking at his job. How did he do that exactly? Unless of course you're an illegal/criminal.

Helping my child to stay on my health insurance until he's 26 so if he gets in a car wreck it doesn't bankrupt me and bankrupt him- not sucking at his job. Tell your child to get a job that gives them their own healthcare. Like millions of other young people have done for generations.

Turning world sentiment toward America from our allies from the severe negatives it was under Bush to the positives it is today- not sucking at his job. News flash: the world hates us. And worse, they no longer respect us.

My 401(k) and my IRA up with the market under his watch- not sucking at his job. So now your messiah controls the stock market? Conveniently ignoring the soaring gas and grocery prices, high unemployment, lower incomes and enormous debt. But hey, you keep thinking you're doing GREAT.

To me, making economic progress and at the same time drawing down on overseas military entanglements= a president not sucking at his job.
I want what you're drinking.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Sister voted for him last election, regrets it, not voting for him this election. Her reasons are due to the economy,
Amazing. The same economy that was in the 2nd worst recession ever when he came into office, but which is now growing and has added jobs for 31 straight months? I guess 2008-2009 doesn't exist in some people's minds when they're thinking about the economy. I wonder if a hurricane knocked her house down and 3 weeks later she had not finished rebuilding, would she consider herself a failure or an awful parent because the rebuilding was well under way and had made progress but had not gotten finished yet? People amaze me with the two year (2008-2009) gap in their memory.

She was probably one of those voters who got all caught up in the hype and feeling rather than actually because she agreed with his economic policies. Too many Americans are "Much Feeling, Little Substance" voters. I wonder if she even knows there was a recession in 2008-2009.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Hardly consistent growth.. More like anemic growth. We were out of the recession 6 months after Obama was sworn in, and things are NOT better.
Things ARE better. There ARE more jobs now than at the height of the recession. And slow growth is TYPICAL of coming out of the worst US recessions- so say economists and historical economic data. This is like breaking a bone and complaining after 3 weeks that the doc hasn't healed your bone yet when the DATA says that it typically takes about 6 weeks to heal that kind of injury.

Quote:
He saved NOTHING but union pensions and jobs.
The auto execs sure disagree with that. He saved an American industry.

Quote:
How did he do that exactly?
Ever heard of this thing called a Pell Grant? You might want to look it up. It has to do with access to college.

Unless of course you're an illegal/criminal.

Quote:
Tell your child to get a job that gives them their own healthcare. Like millions of other young people have done for generations.
Tell your child to hope and pray that the gene for mental intellect was not passed directly to them. Like I said, more accessible health care = the president not sucking at his job. YOU may not want people to have better access to health care, but it's important to millions of Americans, and should be to you since apparently that labotomy didn't go so well.

Quote:
News flash: the world hates us.
Radical islamists, yes. But last I checked, even Russia was working WITH US to stick it to Iran. Like I said, more international positivity under Obama than under Bush = Obama not sucking at his job.

Quote:
So now your messiah controls the stock market?
Obama saved tons of auto industry jobs and saved the banks so that our economic system could make progress once again, and also cut taxes for the middle class to have extra money to spend into the economy, and those actions have helped business growth, which in turn has helped the stocks of those businesses increase in value. I'm sorry if all this is way over your head. My messiah reigns over heaven and earth and gives me eternal life. My president over the levers of US government and gives me better access to health care for my family. I'm sorry if that difference is confusing to you.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,190,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I won't vote for him again. I happen to love a lot men with his same skin color: my father, my husband, my brothers, my sons, my grandfathers, my..... you get the picture. Guess you are young, because the same stuff was said in the '80 election even though Mr. Carter and Mr. Reagan shared the same race. Get it through your head; it is not about race, it is about job performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
This will be Obama's crux for as long as he lives.

If you don't like Barack...you're a racist.
If you disagree with him...you're a racist.
If you want him voted out...you're a racist.

Barack Obama sucks at his job...thats why I want him voted out.
This. If this was about race it would have been about race in '08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections