Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The conclusion: Romney's comment was false. Obama did describe the killings in Benghazi as an act of terror twice within two days.

CNN Fact Check: A day after Libya attack, Obama described it as 'acts of terror' - CNN.com
No, he didn't. He called it a senseless act, talk ed about religious tolerance, then went to UN and brought up the video, went on View and refused to say terrorist act, sent Rice out to claim it was a video.

I doubt the obama campaign wants the story of Benghazi to continue in the news cycle. This just assured it would.

Fact Check: Libya attack

Who broke the rules and started clapping wildly? Michelle Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
So was the Luntz focus group.

Romney CRUSHED obama on economy, jobs, taxes, deficits, Hc.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,044,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not surprising at all. Obama supporters didn't see this coming at all, though, because they're so inexplicably delusional.
They think Obama automatically is some big winner because he did better than last time. He was an absolute failure on the economy question, gas question, and others. He clearly has nothing new to offer.

I initially said last night I though Romney was hitting it out of the park on Libya. I jumped the gun. He answered that very poorly. He had so much to take Obama on on that, but got off track and didnt bring up the key issues of Libya. If Romney wouldve been on top of that one, Romney wouldve had a slam dunk for the night. However, Romney did very well in most other questions, and Obama failed to even answer half the questions.

Obama voting liberals here, are very extreme. You see the comments here from them, and they cant figure out that most people are not as insane and partisan as they are. Thank God. Ill let them live in their own little bubble though.

If they want to think Obama had some grand slam last night, let them. Let them ignore the details of the polls and panels that showed Romney swayed undecided a lot more than Obama did.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Here we go again: Last time people criticized Obama for being tired and passive, this time the same folks are saying he was "too aggressive."
Hmmm.....not really seeing anyone call BO too aggressive, but I sure am seeing and hearing people say once again he has no substance in his words. Which is very true as he only has a losing record to speak about.

But nice try at deflection.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,214,683 times
You're basing this on a MSNBC poll of EIGHT people, and instaclick polls where you can vote as many times as you clear the cookies on your browser? LOL! Better yet, you all are scrambling to find any shred of evidence that Mitt didn't get his hat handed to him. Have you seen every other poll in the country? It wasn't pretty for Mitt. At the end of the day it doesn't matter though--what matters is what the polls look like next week, and I'm guessing Obama's going to get a bump up from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
MSNBC swaying ROMNEY? Aside from the inexplicably delusional, I would say nobody saw that coming. Fox, sure. But MSNBC?

If you saw that coming, I would suggest you are probably psychic.

LOL Agree. But I dont think he literally meant MSNBC, just over all. I would usually count on MSNBC making certain that they pick people who are decided liberals and pass them off as undecideds. After seeing this result, expect this clip to never be mentioned on MSNBC going forward. They will not highlight their own panel.

89,088 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Not surprising at all. Obama supporters didn't see this coming at all, though, because they're so inexplicably delusional.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 AM

28,961 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Perhaps your memory is flawed. The President didn't say protest, he did says acts of terror.

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube
yes, he did, he was speaking about 911, not Benghazi....

Obama never called the Benghazi attack an act of terrorism. Toward the end of the address he referred to the 9/11/2001 attack on the U. S. as terrorism but at the time of this address, he was still trying to sell the Benghazi attack as a result of the anti Muslim movie. I mean, even Hillary got up and stated, the attacks in Benghazi were strictly a result of the anti Muslim dispicable movie...which created a protest.

But I bet many of you didn't realize, it was on the anniversary of the 911 attacks...same day folks....and it being an election year, they tried their best to hide the fact from the Americans that it was indeed a terrorist attack.

Now In an interview, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she claims responsibility for the consulate attack in Benghazi, Libya. Meanwhile, echoing claims made by Mitt Romney and Rep. Paul Ryan on the campaign trail, congressional Republicans chastised the White House and the President's security team. Jeffrey Brown reports.

anyone who believes Obama is drinking the Cool Aide, he was advised to deny that it was indeed a terrorist attack, being it was election time....come on folks, it was all over the news, and they kept chastising some anti muslim movie for it....calling the movie names, and stated, I didn't see it, but.....and this is a perfect example of how the media & politics creates illusions....to actually deceive the American public.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Exclamation lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No, he didn't. He called it a senseless act, talk ed about religious tolerance, then went to UN and brought up the video, went on View and refused to say terrorist act, sent Rice out to claim it was a video.
We're embarrassed for you.

4:18

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You're basing this on a MSNBC poll on EIGHT people, and instaclick polls where you can vote as many times as you clear the cookies on your browser? LOL! Better yet, you all are scrambling to find any shred of evidence that Mitt didn't get his hat handed to him.

Insta polls arent the click polls. And if they are, overall CNN and CBS said Obama won slightly. But Obama lost in those same polls on the key issues. So which way do you want it? You prop up the overall score but ignore the breakdowns of the details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections