Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times

Advertisements

I agree, Willard was acting like a complete ass and thug again last night just like he has in the past. No respect for the people in the room, not answering a question asked to him by one of the voters, cutting off Obama,..it was a complete mockery of the electoral process, but this is what today's GOP has become, just a bunch of thugs and idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I was on the debate team all through college, I was aggressive but never rude and certainly not disrespectful to my opponents. There is a difference. Learn it.

And yes Biden was rude. But Romney was disrespectful AND rude, and he came off as a bully and as a sore loser.
He was not disrespectful or a bully. He had points to make and he made them. Seems to me those of you who see him as a bully, only say that because he tore Obama's record apart bit by bit and Obama just stood there with little to say to defend himself.

Blame Obama for not having much to say on defending himself. Obama got 4 extra minutes last night to say whatever he wanted. He dodge nearly every question and even lied about the energy comments he made.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree
STOP THE PRESSES! You agree?!?! LOL Didnt see that coming. The OP couldve said, "Romney spit on Obama last night" and youd agree.

What Romney did last night was destroyed Obama on his record and on the economy. Obama was there to defend himself and even had nearly 4 minutes of extra time to defend himself or make his case. He couldnt. All he did was deflect and give campaign type comments.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
They were both rude and interrupted repeatedly.
They both "answered" questions with what they wanted to say.
Both sides think they won.

It's a pity we're stuck with these two.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
He was not very civil. I have watched many debates and his performance was the most disrespectful and uncivilized that I have ever seen.

You have to keep in mind who his target audience is though, he is trying to appeal to the baser of the population. Judging by some of the comments. I think he succeeded there.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
He tried to bully Obama, but the strategy backfired and make him look classless. It also did not work, because he did not get the desired reaction out of the bullying.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-17-2012 at 04:48 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Default Did Romney lie or is he just that unimformed?

When answering the question at the debate about automatic weapons, why did he say that they were illegal? Does he just not know and if he lied, what was the point?

Quote:
“We, of course, don’t want to have automatic weapons, and that’s already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons.”
Fact Check: Romney says it's illegal to have automatic weapons - latimes.com

Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
STOP THE PRESSES! You agree?!?! LOL Didnt see that coming. The OP couldve said, "Romney spit on Obama last night" and youd agree.

What Romney did last night was destroyed Obama on his record and on the economy. Obama was there to defend himself and even had nearly 4 minutes of extra time to defend himself or make his case. He couldnt. All he did was deflect and give campaign type comments.
The only thing Willard destroyed is what little (if any) credibility he had left when Obama destroyed him on his flat out lie and other BS.

Willard is a moron and proved that again last night

Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
Did you expect him to just roll over?

Only Clinton asked people to do that.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Thats strange, Ive seen polls that show Romney looked more Presidential. Oh well, you liberals think Obama was bullied. Well, if he was bullied, then it's his own fault for letting it happen, if that is what you really believe. A leader doesnt stand there and get bullied. He defends himself.

Obama could not defend his record. And you know it. If you watched the debate you know for a fact he didnt even try to defend his record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections