Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I was on the debate team all through college, I was aggressive but never rude and certainly not disrespectful to my opponents. There is a difference. Learn it.

And yes Biden was rude. But Romney was disrespectful AND rude, and he came off as a bully and as a sore loser.
I agree. Romney reminded me of a person who does not like to admit when they are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
*On who is more likeable: 47 percent Obama: 41 percent Romney
*On who cares more about your life: 44 percent Obama; 40 percent Romney
Oh yes - just the criteria we should use to elect a president.

Please - if anybody is using the above to decide for whom to vote - do us a favor and just stay home.

6,500 posts, read 6,043,748 times
Romney won in key areas according CNN poll: *On who would better handle the economy: 58 percent Romney; 40 percent Obama.
*On who would better handle health care: 49 percent Romney; 46 percent Obama
*On taxes: 51 percent Romney; 44 percent Obama
*On who is a stronger leader: 49 percent Romney; 46 percent Obama
*On who answered more directly: 45 percent Romney; 43 percent Obama

And that is just CNN.

CBS had Romney at over 60% on economy to Obama's 30 %.

The panels I have seen, all had participants swayed toward Romney afterwards more than Obama. Even MSNBC's panel.

Obama won on next to nothing in the first debate, and little key issues in this one, the one all you liberals think he dominated. The details matter. Obama was NOT a big winner last night like you cling to believe. Deal with it.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,165,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Do I get any pills with that info doc? I thought that was getting off easy..... PC man sure has become weak.
There aren't any pills for rage and misery, at least not that I know of. Continue to wallow and bask in your hatred.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I agree. Romney reminded me of a person who does not like to admit when they are wrong.
Your statement assumes that Romney is wrong.

Care to explain how?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,839,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I don't know if he realized that he was essentially debating the incumbent president. Even though they are both running as candidates, Obama IS the president right now. Romney showed him very little respect last night. I rewatched the debate(My so taped it since he missed it because of work) and there were a few moments where Romney was very disrespectful--the way he questioned Obama at one point, the way he talked to him personally in an offensive manner, and at one point the tone he took with Obama when he HIMSELF asked Obama to answer a question and when Obama tried to answer he cut in "That's not question, it's a a statement. I'm not done talking, you'll get you're turn to answer when I'm done"(not all his words basically a sum of what was said). At the end of the debate he wouldn't even shake Obama's hand. It's one thing to challenge a person during a debate, to challenge the president's record, it's a completely different to talk to the president in the way that Romney did. Truth be told, if the positions wer reversed and it was Romney that was the president, and Obama the challenger, if Obama took the same tone and said the same things, he would be labeled in "angry" black man, and it would be talked about by the right wing for YEARS. The truth of the matter, is that politics aside, this is an AMERICAN CITIZEN being disrespectful to his president. And it was disappointing, because though I'm not a Romney supporter, I am a human being and everyone is deserving with respect(Obama did not treat Romney the way Romney treated Obama).

Romney's behavior simply reinforces the notion that he doesn't believe he needs to play by the same rules as everyone else. He's shown this by getting away with paying a lower tax rate, lying constantly and flip-flopping throughout this campaign, the way he treats Obama, and the way he talks about other American citizens. It's arrogance, entitlement(I'm rich and I have power so I can do what I want) and it's sickening.

This post is not an attempt to get anyone to not vote Romney, or Vote Obama, etc, but really just a vent about how disappointing it was to see a man(a business man, a man that has served in government as well) being a disrespectful citizen. What's amusing is that as much as he may look down on Obama(which it is clear he does), because he doesn't like Obama's record, Mitt's record in Massachusetts is not good at all--Obama has not challenged him on it yet, but you should here what Massachusetts has to say about him. I just find it funny that tis all
Let us all deeply bow and genuflect to the incumbent POTUS.

6,500 posts, read 6,043,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
So people who feel the potus won r morons. Only a moron thinks an opinion can be legislated. I can just as easily say anyone who cant see that romneys plan is mathematically impossible are morons and believe in the bridge to nowhere. Of course all people who believe in the plan are not morons. Sorry thae last 4 years sucked for you because its been great for me and a lot of my colleagues.

The people who thought he won the first debate, yes, they are either morons or hacks who just cant admit the truth. Those same type of people would say he won this one too, and any other debate that would happen. Morons and hacks.

And see my post above for more proof that Obama was not a huge winner last night. You can strut around claiming he was, but on the key issues, he lost. Period. Now if people ultimately want to vote for Obama because they "like" him more, so be it. They are clueless fools. This shouldnt be a high school popularity contest. If one is better on the issues, which Romney was, then you should vote that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Romney won in key areas according CNN poll: *On who would better handle the economy: 58 percent Romney; 40 percent Obama.

*On who would better handle health care: 49 percent Romney; 46 percent Obama
*On taxes: 51 percent Romney; 44 percent Obama
*On who is a stronger leader: 49 percent Romney; 46 percent Obama
*On who answered more directly: 45 percent Romney; 43 percent Obama
Elections are about likeability, That's why Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama won.

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Ok, so you are defending someone who is trying to paint Obama as a Muslim.
What is wrong with being a Muslim?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What is wrong with being a Muslim?
Nothing, as long as the person is really a Muslim. Also, if you are going to call someone a Muslim, be honest about it and don't do it in a passive aggressive way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections