Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Odd but I saw Obama start with the rude disrespectful behavior.
Yes he is President. That means highest ranking civil servant. In other words he works for us and respect is a 2 way street.
Nope Romney started. I re-watched it today. Romney was the first one to start asking Obama direct questions, even though that was against the debate rules. And he was the first to point to obama and start talking about him and to him in a "tone". That was only when Obama started to fight back, but Obama was respectful to Romney(at first), and he attempted(and tried hard) to remain respectful even when Romney was not respectful back. You could tell by the nonverbal cues that Obama was trying hard to keep civil.

In the end of the debate he wouldn't shake Obama's hand. That was beyond rude and a sore loser. Yes Obama does work for us and respect if two way. But the disrespect started with Romney and it extended way beyond what should have been. It should have been a debate, heated at times, but civil throughout, Romney made it so that it was not that way. Now you can pretend that Obama started, but anyone who watched the debates knows what REALLY happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Truth is, we have two of the most pathetic Presidential candidates, yet so many people seem to be happy and satisfied with these poor choices.

The Republican logic is amazing; we know Romney is not really a Conservative, he is a Mormon, not a "real Christian" in our eyes but as long as he is not Obama, we will support him

I have a Republican friend who doesn't even like Romney but she is working for his campaign- like most of the morons out there who can't think beyond their partisan lines- I guess, as long as he is not Obama, he is good enough for us.

Unless there is a fundamental change in our society, we are headed downhill, FAST!
The Democratic "logic" is even more amazing... they actually believed the "hope and change" baloney!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
The polls show that it was obama and crowley who were disrespectful. Romney is going to be our next president. Last night cinched it.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The polls show that it was obama and crowley who were

disrespectful. Romney is going to be our next president. Last night cinched it.
Will "binders full of women" be voting for Romney?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You like fiction too?
Apparently so - that poster reads the Nation.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Apparently so - that poster reads the Nation.
What is taking so long for your debunktion of Romney's seven biggest lies?

Romney

Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes. However, I am waiting a long time for this.
Kind of like waiting for J. D. Salinger.....only it wont be nearly as good.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you be specific about what Obama said that was the start of rude and disrespectful behavior?

I thought "Mitty, you stupid jackass...." was a bit disrespectful.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have a Republican friend who doesn't even like Romney but she is working for his campaign- like most of the morons out there who can't think beyond their partisan lines- I guess, as long as he is not Obama, he is good enough for us.
Pretty much anybody would be better then President Obama.

Why do so many here seem to want to continue the same FAILED policies that President Obama has enacted that got us into this mess in the first place?

How come none of the liberals here seem to want to talk about President Obama's record - instead they go on and on about Paul Ryan washing dishes or Mitt Romney's using "cook" and "women" in the same sentence?

I have never seen the supporters of a presidential candidate so unwilling to talk about their candidates record, or deflect so often to irrelevant trivialities concerning the opponents.

Why is that? Could it be because his record is so negative that the only hope they have is to make people forget about it?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
I think Obama was rude. Obama is so arrogant and he kept interupting.
Biden was rude too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections