Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Truth is, we have two of the most pathetic Presidential candidates, yet so many people seem to be happy and satisfied with these poor choices.

The Republican logic is amazing; we know Romney is not really a Conservative, he is a Mormon, not a "real Christian" in our eyes but as long as he is not Obama, we will support him

I have a Republican friend who doesn't even like Romney but she is working for his campaign- like most of the morons out there who can't think beyond their partisan lines- I guess, as long as he is not Obama, he is good enough for us.

Unless there is a fundamental change in our society, we are headed downhill, FAST!
You mean that we haven't even started to do the fundamental change Obama promised us? I think he has done much more toward that change than I thought he could do in 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Excellent post -
I agree.

Quote:
let's see someone argue with actual facts.
They will.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,529,837 times
We have a Democracy not a Royalty country. No one needs to bow to the president.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,550,383 times
The simply fact remains that Romney has not said ONE DARN THING that shows that he will be "better" than President Obama. Not ONE DARN THING. He has not made the case for a change in administration. But what he has done is show that he is not diplomatic enough to handle difficult international affairs without major gaffes. He has also shown that he is remarkably out of touch with average Americans. So no thank you Romney.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:34 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,209,550 times
I thought Mormons were suppose to be nice guys. If Romney thinks big business making money grows the economy how can it grow and be spread around if he and his friends have zillions hidden in an off shore bank? go figure.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
It was wrong for the moderator Candice to inject her misleading terror fact-check into the debate. Obama never said the Benghazi killing was an act of terror in his rose garden address.
Have you bothered to read any of the transcripts or watch any of the videos that have been posted of President Obama in the Rose Garden the day after the attack on this thread???

He most certainly did say that it was "an act of terror."

Or are you hoping that if you continue to try to spread the LIE, that someone will actually believe it?

Quote:
I watched the debate on CNN & their timers showed Obama talked 5 minutes longer than Romney. Every time Romney tried to get equal time to make his point the moderator Candice would shut him down. She was defiantly trying to make Romney look bad. Romney had to be assertive & step on her toes because she would have shut him out & let Obama do all the talking.
Yeah, well, Willard spent so much time arguing with the moderator and trying to dictate the rules of the debate ("WAH.....It's MY turn! I want the last word! WAH.......") that maybe those minutes counted against his time.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The moderator interrupted Romney over 3x more than she interrupted Obama, gave Obama almost 4 more minutes of talk time, and came in to "rescue" Obama when the whole semantics debacle went down.

Only one bully in that debate, and it was a she. Even so, Romney held his own and opinion polls show it no matter what you say.

So what's next, go back to binders of women jokes? Or Big Bird again? Anything to avoid addressing the current state of affairs and last 4 years....
You need to read this:
Town Hall Debate Rules: Candy Crowley, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney throw rule book out the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I believe that President Bush coined the "W" moniker for himself and I saw many of his closest advisors use it on a regular basis, guys like Karl Rove.
Yes, to distinguish himself from his father, GHW Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
"Have you looked at your pension?"
"Have you looked at your pension?"

That was especially menacing and disrespectful.
Agreed. It was also a rules violation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
Admit Biden was disrespectful and perhaps we can engage is meaningful discourse. Otherwise, this is a waste of any rational thinking person's time and energy.
What's Biden got to do with this debate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Odd but I saw Obama start with the rude disrespectful behavior.
Yes he is President. That means highest ranking civil servant. In other words he works for us and respect is a 2 way street.
"Mommy! HE started it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
We must have watched a different debate. I saw Obama interupt and disrupt repeatedly and with no attempt to reign him in by the moderator.
Obama refered to Romney in a snide manner many many times. I refer to the gas prices question.
There were other points in the debate where Romney wasn't allowed to get a word in edgewise through the interuptions. I am not even voting for Romney and it even annoyed me. I would have liked to heard what the man had to say with out the school yard antics. They both did the circling and posturing.
My bone with the OP is that somehow Obama rates special treatment. He is our highest ranking servant. He owes every single legal citizen due respect.
Google Obama's interuptions in debate.
Read my link. You sure did watch a different debate than I did. Romney went first, and when Crowley tried to shut him up, he approached her like he was going to threaten her.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Romney was rude, but Obama gave him a wedgie with his magic mormon underwear

Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We have a Democracy not a Royalty country. No one needs to bow to the president.
If you want to be the President, you must first act like a President. Romney has failed miserably in that respect.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_texwalker View Post
I have no problem with Romney's conduct. He ended up hurting himself. He looked like an amateur in comparison and made some horrible tactical blunders. Leaving aside the "act of terror" shot in the foot, on at least two occasions, he voluntarily yielded time to Obama by asking Obama questions that were not rhetorical. Obama then stood up and was provided another opportunity to lecture Romney. I will guarantee you that Mitt's handlers were screaming somewhere offstage. You would think that after this many years of trying to get elected and many debates, Mitt would have learned not to do something like that.
You are correct, but his biggest blunder was at the end when he opened the door for the 47% discussion. What a lead in for Obama. That was just stupid on Romney's part. He just threw him a softball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections