Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That poster can wash pots.
Hopefully they will actually be DIRTY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The Catcher and the Rye? I detested that book. A whiney rich boy who takes no responsibility for his actions complaining non-stop about authority figures in his life. I wouldn't be flattered anyway. LOL
You just described Romney! Hahahaha

I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional - or was it? Hahahahaha

Old 10-18-2012, 01:05 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I now know that we didn't watch the same debate since you didn't see the number of times that the moderator cut Romney off "because it was time to get on to the next question". Did you know that she had said they would get in 12 - 14 questions and only managed 11? I am sure that you don't know that she tried very hard to keep Romney back so he couldn't hurt Obama by forcing him to answer anything. You don't even know that Obama spoke almost 4 minutes longer. I guess that was in respect for him being the sitting President in your way of thinking.
Oh, this ^^^^ is just "selective seeing/hearing"......too strong a bias for too long will affect your ability to see and hear.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,983 times
I think the majority of the American people sees and hears what the debates has or will reveal and in the end the news media will certainly have a field day analyzing who said what and who gained by the debates! When all is said and done will the results be fair and balance or just bias media interpretations?
IMHO, Obama had his chance, but showed the American people that his policies did not work to improve the American economy, but just put more money into China's piggy bank and squandered alot of money via his stimulus package and bail outs in his 4 yrs of office!
Does America really need another 4 yrs of failed policies under Obama?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
"Hussein?"

How old are you, roy?

Sheesh......classless.
Another one who doesn't like the president's middle name?

Why does it seem that people on the left wish that the president was named something else?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Another one who doesn't like the president's middle name?

Why does it seem that people on the left wish that the president was named something else?
There you go - acting stupid again.

While I happen to think that you are not nearly as smart as you think you are, I also don't think you're entirely stupid either.

The only reason that anyone uses President Obama's middle name is to imply "something" about him - that he's different, not "one of us."

If his name were Joe or Dennis or George, would anyone have any reason to use it?

In case you really are that stupid, and not pretending, I'll give you the answer to that question: No.

And, for the record, I have no problem with President Obama's middle name. It is a fine name. Would I have given it to one of my own kids? No. But there are a lot of names that I wouldn't give to my kids - such as Alvin (my ex-husband's middle name).

Old 10-18-2012, 02:27 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
While I happen to think that you are not nearly as smart as you think you are, I also don't think you're entirely stupid either.
I note that you are using a tactic straight out of Barack Hussein Obama's debate playbook - put your opponent down using faint praise.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I note that you are using a tactic straight out of Barack Hussein Obama's debate playbook - put your opponent down using faint praise.
Don't you have homework to do?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 AM

204 posts, read 635,075 times
Why is it that people don't understand to vote a bum out when someone don't get the job done regardless of party affiliation. I voted Obama 4 years ago being the naive person thinking, great, maybe he might actually change business as usual. He turned out to be a bumbling, spending, vacationing, and divisive lunatic. Even though voting Democrat or Republican don't matter in this blue state of mine, I will be voting Romney this time around just because he is not Obama and not because he is Republican. I will vote Democrat in four years if they are elected and don't get the job done.

I think it's bad for the nation that we have this electoral college instead of popular vote determining a winner. All it is doing is taking the power away from the people and waste it on the elite. It is also bad that we have red and blue states where you really don't matter. Basically all the candidates have to focus on are the swing states, which is totally wrong for the purpose of election. I really hope some sort of third or fourth party would become available so we have choices instead of choosing the better of two turds. Yes, I see both Romney and Obama as bad candidates. We should be allowed to bring back presidents that actually got the job done before, meaning obviously ClintAll the money spent on the Congress can be better spent on the states.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:08 AM

204 posts, read 635,075 times
I actually like Obama answer about gas price, but the inherent problem with that his other policies of spending us into gazillion worth of debt only increase the probability of increase printing/leverage by the fed, thus increasing prices and decreasing strength of dollar. The sad thing is that neither party is in position to balance the debt because the government is more decided than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections