Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 04:14 AM

27,217 posts, read 46,791,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Empty suit? That means you just don`t like him and you`re unwilling or unable to criticize him.
No and yes....It means I don't like his empty answers!!!!

Neither do I like his lies about the murder of the ambassador and how he had handled most of the last 3 yrs!

I don't know him personal so I can't comment on that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I think Obama was rude. Obama is so arrogant and he kept interupting.
Romney interrupted FAR more than Obama. CNN even went back over the tape and verified this. Romney was so rude that when he asked Obama a question, and Obama started to answer, Romney interrupted the answer before Obama could barely get a few words out. Obama had to say "Do you want me to answer the question?" before Romney would **** and let the man answer the question. Totally pathetic when YOU ask the question and interrupt the answer before it can really be given.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
What do you call it when the White House doesn't pay women equally?

"While Obama made the empathetic case for his single mother and his belief in equal pay — pointing out that the first bill he signed as president was the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act — he did not address reports this year that demonstrated that his own White House pays women less than men." [Source]

"According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000)." [Source]
I didn't see anything there about less pay for the SAME job. The equal pay debate is about equal pay for the SAME job. The Lilly Ledbetter Law is about pay discrimination based on the same job. That same job thing kinda makes all the difference when you go citing salary comparisons on this issue.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 AM

341 posts, read 641,972 times
Can't Romney choose one of his other wives?

Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Should a challenger be required to submit to a deference to a President then that would be offering the President an advantage in a debate.
Disagree. Plenty of debates past were hotly contested events wherein the challenger AT LEAST showed the president personal respect, ie. didn't say things like "I'm talking now, you'll get your turn" or ask the President a question and then when the President gets like 3 words out of his mouth, interrupt and ramble on, not giving him a chance to answer. There is strong debate against policies, and there is just plain disrespect for the office, and Romney showed the latter. "I'm talking now, you'll get your turn" when the President simply stands up is not a dissent over an adminstration policy. IT'S PLAIN RUDENESS AND DISRESPECT FOR THE OFFICE. Nobody expects deference on policy. But PERSONAL respect for the office ought to be automatic, and is a sign of class. Romney showed he has no class in that regard.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Disagree. Plenty of debates past were hotly contested events wherein the challenger AT LEAST showed the president personal respect, ie. didn't say things like "I'm talking now, you'll get your turn" or ask the President a question and then when the President gets like 3 words out of his mouth, interrupt and ramble on, not giving him a chance to answer. There is strong debate against policies, and there is just plain disrespect for the office, and Romney showed the latter. "I'm talking now, you'll get your turn" when the President simply stands up is not a dissent over an adminstration policy. IT'S PLAIN RUDENESS AND DISRESPECT FOR THE OFFICE. Nobody expects deference on policy. But PERSONAL respect for the office ought to be automatic, and is a sign of class. Romney showed he has no class in that regard.
Agreed, I saw that from both men.. very disrespectful of the other..

Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,403,369 times
Quote:
The Daily Show had a funny clip last night showing that this behavior from Romney was nothing new. He acted the same way in several of the GOP nominee debates. Not only was he interrupting opponents, but he tried to play up the rules card ad nauseum ("Make sure I get my time to respond!") and bullying the moderator in those debates too. I think he believes the debates are his own personal board room and he's the CEO.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
IMHO, Obama had his chance, but showed the American people that his policies did not work to improve the American economy
The actual economic data disproves that. When Obama took office, the economy was in freefall, BEFORE any of his policies had been implemented. There have been, what, 45 months so far in this Obama administration. There have been 31 consecutive months of economic/job growth. That means that the first 14 months of the Obama administration was where the worst of the economic calamity was happening, coming out of the Bush administration. Therefore, it becomes clear that we were in the 2nd WORST RECESSION EVER in the US going into the Obama presidency, and, once Obama really began implementing his policies, the economy bottomed out a little over a year after he took office and has been improving steadily and consistently ever since.

Extra data: Even conservative economists who have gone back and looked at the historical data conclude that the WORST recessions that the US experience NECESSARILY have slow growth out of them, that it's only the minor ones, the typical business cycle ones, which show the booming growth rates coming out. Therefore, really with us having gone through not just a recession but the 2nd worst in our history, but now with consistent economic growth such that companies are making money hand over fist, THAT is data-driven evidence that Obama's policies HAVE worked to improve the American economy. They have also worked to make sure that more kids have access to the highest paying jobs in the American economy via Pell Grant expansion. College graduates have a much lower unemployment rate than the general population, and science and engineering college graduates have a lower unemployment rate (about 2%) than even the college graduate population collectively.

So not only does the data show that Obama's policies took the 2nd worst recession ever and turned it into consistent sustained economic and job growth, it also shows that it has allowed more kids ACCESS to the better paying jobs and lower unemployment categories that the American economy has to offer.

Interesting how actual data can dispell perception for those really looking for the truth of the matter. Obama has shown the American public that his policies HAVE worked to improve the American economy.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The Daily Show had a funny clip last night showing that this behavior from Romney was nothing new. He acted the same way in several of the GOP nominee debates. Not only was he interrupting opponents, but he tried to play up the rules card ad nauseum ("Make sure I get my time to respond!") and bullying the moderator in those debates too. I think he believes the debates are his own personal board room and he's the CEO.
Sure seems that way. I saw one clip where he even PUT HIS HANDS ON Governor Rick Perry while trying to talk over him. Again and again we see that Romney simply has no class.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:17 AM

192 posts, read 298,585 times
Quote:
Romney interrupted FAR more than Obama. CNN even went back over the tape and verified this. Romney was so rude that when he asked Obama a question, and Obama started to answer, Romney interrupted the answer before Obama could barely get a few words out. Obama had to say "Do you want me to answer the question?" before Romney would **** and let the man answer the question. Totally pathetic when YOU ask the question and interrupt the answer before it can really be given.
Thank you. Romney looked mean, and un-presidental. Romney got his butt kicked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections