Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,284,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19 View Post
Thank you. Romney looked mean, and un-presidental. Romney got his butt kicked!
Nah - Obama looked like a kid who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar - and then refused to admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Sure seems that way. I saw one clip where he even PUT HIS HANDS ON Governor Rick Perry while trying to talk over him. Again and again we see that Romney simply has no class.
HE has a class, it's just that it's the "class" that firmly believes no man made rules from the peons should apply to HIM. How dare anyone dissent with whatever HE says.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
I hear that Tag Romney wanted to rush the stage and deck Obama for his dismantling of the Mythster. Hmmm, seems his aggression instinct could be useful in Afghanistan.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:09 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,155,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The people who thought he won the first debate, yes, they are either morons or hacks who just cant admit the truth. Those same type of people would say he won this one too, and any other debate that would happen. Morons and hacks.

And see my post above for more proof that Obama was not a huge winner last night. You can strut around claiming he was, but on the key issues, he lost. Period. Now if people ultimately want to vote for Obama because they "like" him more, so be it. They are clueless fools. This shouldnt be a high school popularity contest. If one is better on the issues, which Romney was, then you should vote that way.
Again, only a moron would think personal opinion can be legislated. 2nd debate, sorry POTUS did win that. While both candidates got in their jabs at the end of the day, Romney has been shown to say whatever it takes to win which was brought out several times his stances during the primaries to the same stances during the early parts of the campaign to now. They are completely different which points to a person that will do and say anything which means somewhere within those stances, he's fibbing period. The straw was when he actually tried to bring the character of the President into play and rightfully got put in his place trying to politicize death and pain for grieving families. I actually lost respect for him over that.

The issues of any person will vary from individual to individual. For instance, Foreign Policy is not even important to me why? because US foreign policy hasn't changed in 30 years. The President hasn't done anything different than any of his predecessors. US goes in, enact our will, leave a place in shambles and sit back and wonder why they don't like us. That is US foreign policy. If there were to be any new twist it would be Romney starting WWIII since he confuses fear and respect. A grand military for him is to invoke fear in his enemies to not try something. But what always happens is eventually, someone isn't going to fear you and no fear and no respect is a catastrophe waiting to happen under a Romney presidency because someone is going into all out war within the next 4 years and odds are we will be the ones to start it under him. So harp on Libya all you want, at the end of the day, that's not really going to drive voters. Last 4 years have been better for me so it's not #1, social issues (women's rights, planned parenthood, etc) are actually top for ME and Romney just doesn't make grade in that area. So in the end only a moron would think their issues are the same issues for everyone else. Only a moron would take any poll where 100 people are asked and apply it across the entire US of A instead of taking the time to truly delve into the matters that effects them as the individual and cast their votes accordingly. That's a free thinker, straight party following is moronic from stem to stern Tilt11

Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,593 times
I cannot trust a man who will so easily reverse his positions/stance just so he can get this segment of voters or that segment of voters. Especially within the SAME election season. Not only does Romney have no class, he has no real compass either except whatever it takes to get his way. I mean how do you support a budget that SLASHES Pell Grants when talking to conservative voters and then get in front of moderate voters and tell them you want to ENHANCE Pell Grants? How do you talk to conservative financial supporters and tell them it's not your job to worry about 47% of Americans and then tell people in public that your core belief is that you ARE concerned with 100% of Americans? How do you tell conservative primary voters that Obamacare is basically a curse upon America and one of your top priorities will be to abolish it and then tell the general electorate at the first presidential debate that actually you LIKE a lot of Obamacare and really only want to get rid of certain pieces? How can you, in the middle of a China unfair trade practices evnt, slam Obama for taking China to WTO court to stop their dumping of cheap tires on the US market, calling it interfering in markets, but then in front of the general electorate claim one of your main actions as president will be to get tough on China and it's unfair trade practices? Romney simply cannot be trusted. He tells two different stories on what he stands for, depending on who's listening at the time. Romney is politics at its worst.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:32 AM

2,859 posts, read 4,627,149 times
Quote:
I cannot trust a man who will so easily reverse his positions/stance just so he can get this segment of voters or that segment of voters. Especially within the SAME election season. Not only does Romney have no class, he has no real compass either except whatever it takes to get his way. I mean how do you support a budget that SLASHES Pell Grants when talking to conservative voters and then get in front of moderate voters and tell them you want to ENHANCE Pell Grants? How do you talk to conservative financial supporters and tell them it's not your job to worry about 47% of Americans and then tell people in public that your core belief is that you ARE concerned with 100% of Americans? How do you tell conservative primary voters that Obamacare is basically a curse upon America and one of your top priorities will be to abolish it and then tell the general electorate at the first presidential debate that actually you LIKE a lot of Obamacare and really only want to get rid of certain pieces? How can you, in the middle of a China unfair trade practices evnt, slam Obama for taking China to WTO court to stop their dumping of cheap tires on the US market, calling it interfering in markets, but then in front of the general electorate claim one of your main actions as president will be to get tough on China and it's unfair trade practices? Romney simply cannot be trusted. He tells two different stories on what he stands for, depending on who's listening at the time. Romney is politics at its worst.

I agree with you on this and I was undecided until last night.

He called Obama out on the economy and I was like he has a point.

He said that he would create millions of jobs then I was convinced that he would get my vote.

He finally said that the government doesn't create jobs and he lost me.

This is worse than a little kid lying to their parents.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Like Dems showed so much respect for Bush, who was also the President of the United States. In light of the disrespect I saw by the left toward Bush, I feel no guilt saying whatever I want to about Obama. And last I knew we didn't live in a country where you could be thrown in jail for speaking against your leader.
Note: Bush is not the president. I repeat, Bush is not the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh, I don't know. I think I read somewhere that he is running for vice president. Yes! I am quite certain that is what he is doing - he is part of the national presidential ticket for the Democratic Party!

That seems like its sort of important and relevant. I wonder why you don't want to talk about him.

Its OK - though really. If I were a liberal - I'd be embarrassed by the vice president too.
It's off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I was answering a question.
The question was this:
Quote:
What's Biden got to do with this debate?
*Key word in bold*

Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
I have repped you and I am in agreement with all of your posts on this thread, but I suggest that you save yourself the time and effort of pointing out Myth Romney's lack of integrity and self-serving lust for the ofice of the POTUS. I've come to realize, as I am sure many of us have, that most of these so called Romney supporters know what a flim flam man he is, but will support anyone as long as it is a vote against Obama. There's also the group that like the idea of a Plutocracy for some strange deep seated psychological need of worshipping the wealthy.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've come to realize, as I am sure many of us have, that most of these so called Romney supporters know what a flim flam man he is, but will support anyone as long as it is a vote against Obama.
So true. They share the same sentiment as Senator Mitch McConnell in that America's economic prosperity was NOT his top priority as Senate Minority Leader- making Obama a 1 term president is. They don't care what kind of reckless double-talking blowhard they vote into the White House as long as they're voting Obama out. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot just to take the focus off your bellyache!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
I agree with you on this and I was undecided until last night.

He called Obama out on the economy and I was like he has a point.

He said that he would create millions of jobs then I was convinced that he would get my vote.

He finally said that the government doesn't create jobs and he lost me.

This is worse than a little kid lying to their parents.

Well, I can debunk that claim too...The jobs will be there, but not because of anything Romney does...

Quote:
...Romney’s assertion that his plan would create 12 million jobs is backed by three economic studies — and none of the studies actually says what the campaign says it does. The (implausible) claim that tax cuts would add 7 million jobs was a 10-year estimate, not a 4-year estimate; the 3 million jobs figure for energy was a prediction of what would happen under current policy, not what Romney would add; the 2 million “get tough with China” estimate had nothing to do with what Romney is proposing.

Lies, Damned Lies, and Jobs - NYTimes.com

Quote:
The economy is already on track to create 12 million jobs with the current policies
Romney wants to take credit for 3 million energy jobs that would be created under Obama policies… while saying he would CUT those policies.

Second debate: Fact checking Romney’s lies

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-18-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections