Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
"Same season?"

Hell, he does it within the same day!!!!!
You've got that right. He said during the first debate, "My plan covers pre-existing conditions" and within hours his campaign team said he misspoke. This happens all the time. What about equal pay for women? He never answered the question during the second debate. The record shows Paul Ryan voted against the Fair Pay Act. That's a no-brainer. But then his campaign adviser said he was against it and later the same day retracted that statement! Romney said during the 2nd debate that he doesn't want the government to decide on a woman's right to contraception. Yet he stated emphatically that, as President, he would sign any bill that came across his desk banning abortion and his running mate proposed 38 of them, some so extreme that even those from the lunatic RW fringe told him to tone it down.

Romney completely fabricated the story about taking office and saying "Oh, there aren't enough women in my cabinet." These "binders" of resumes were presented by MassGAP, a bipartisan group, to both gubernatorial candidates before the election. Yes, he appointed more women, but by the time Romney left office, he had a smaller percentage of females on his staff than in the previous administration.

Remember when Ann Romney, during her convention speech, blamed the reason her husband wasn't popular on the large percentage of Democrats? I'm from MA and we had several Republican governors. Just to name a few.. Volpe, Sargent, Weld, Cellucci. Why is the race for the Senate so tight between Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren if everyone in MA votes for Democrats? Maybe Romney was unpopular because MA fell from #36 to #47 in job creation. This is a man who keeps talking about cutting the deficit, but as Gov of MA he increased government spending every year and left $1 billion deficit. He keeps taking about creating American jobs but, as Gov of MA, he actually sent jobs from his own state overseas!

People, please get the facts straight! I know it's very difficult to look into the eyes of a man and believe he is lying to you so blatantly.

When Nixon resigned, I had a bumper sticker that said "Don't Blame Me, I'm From Massachusetts!"

Please listen to the good people of the Commonwealth now! They're all saying about Romney "We made a terrible mistake."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Pfffftttt.......A Romney actually serving his country? Never happen."

Kinda like Biden with his 5 deferments!
Huh? Are you saying a Biden never served?

(by the way, if you want to compare deferments, VP Cheney had just as many as Biden)

There's a big difference here. Obama has always been anti-war. Romney stood in protest lines with pro-war signs during Vietnam and supported the draft, but he didn't serve. Romney supported the War in Iraq, but nobody in his family served. I find it puzzling that you would choose Joe Biden as an example when talking about families in the military when his son, Beau, was an Army JAG Officer.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-18-2012 at 12:42 PM..

987 posts, read 1,387,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
So, you're not reading any of the really good posts on this board which explain clearly what Obama has accomplished, one of which was specifically addressed to you, but, instead, you will continue to repeat the same mantra without data to support it?

Very thoughtful of you. Clearly, it is not worth anyone's time to respond to you in any way. Your screen name is another great candidate for the ignore list.
It fits, you guys ganging up on me, must be Obama supporters, crude and rude! I don't read comments from Obama supporters, they're just too one sided and just want to get into a pissing contest and aren't content with generalities! I just mentioned that over all in general Obama did not improve the U.S. economy! That's my final mantra to you Obama supporters!

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why does it always seem like the GOP side these days ain't exactly among the sharpest tacks in the box?! Geez, Bill Buckley must be rolling over in his grave!
"the GOP side these days ain't exactly among the sharpest tacks in the box?!"

Like you said, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion" and mine is that the dems aren't the sharpest tacks in the box.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:

Kinda like Biden with his 5 deferments!
And his son? Who actually served in Iraq?

Major FAIL.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
CNN Internal Memo: Obama Got More Debate Time Because He Speaks Slowly | NewsBusters.org

LMAO it never ends. Your biased. Just quit giving excuses and admit it already.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Huh? Are you saying a Biden never served?
Yes. are saying he DID serve?

"Biden received five student draft deferments during this period, with the first coming in late 1963 and the last in early 1968, at the peak of the Vietnam War.[21] In April 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.[21][22] Biden was not a part of the anti-Vietnam War movement; he would later say that at the time he was preoccupied with marriage and law school, and that he "wore sports coats ... not tie-dyed".[23]"

Joe Biden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
And his son? Who actually served in Iraq?

Major FAIL.
Major fail on your part.

Juvenile attempt to divert. Has anyone but you mentioned his son?

The slur was about Romney not serving, yet you and your side NEVER make slurs about Biden not serving.

You are all just a bunch of hypocrites!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Yes. are saying he DID serve?

"Biden received five student draft deferments during this period, with the first coming in late 1963 and the last in early 1968, at the peak of the Vietnam War.[21] In April 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.[21][22] Biden was not a part of the anti-Vietnam War movement; he would later say that at the time he was preoccupied with marriage and law school, and that he "wore sports coats ... not tie-dyed".[23]"

Joe Biden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh, Jesus......

Here we go again.

I said ".....'A' Romney.....," not specifically singling out Willard. JustNancy said "......'A' Biden.....," not specifically mentioning the VP. And you think we are specifically talking about Willard and Joe Biden and only Willard and Joe Biden.

Basically, I was saying that NO Romney has served his country. That includes Willard and his five sons; in fact, Willard's father didn't serve, either.

Joe Biden has actually sent one of his sons off to war.

YOU FAILED.

Last edited by Cinebar; 10-18-2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Major fail on your part.

Juvenile attempt to divert. Has anyone but you mentioned his son?

The slur was about Romney not serving, yet you and your side NEVER make slurs about Biden not serving.

You are all just a bunch of hypocrites!
Holy crap! Reading comprehension is NOT your strong suit, is it?

THIS is what I said:

Quote:
Pfffftttt.......A Romney actually serving his country? Never happen.
I said "A Romney." "A Romney!" I didn't say anything about Willard. I was referring to ALL the Romney men.

ALL of them are a bunch of freakin' cowards.

And, yes, Willard made sure he was safe in France while other young men of that generation were fighting (and dying) in the jungles of S.E. Asia.

So, yes, HE IS A COWARD. There! Is that a "slur" enough for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections