Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WALTHAM, Mass. - Ann Romney will visit the women of ABC's "The View" solo Thursday, her husband no longer available to appear on the show he once referred to as "high risk."
Co-host Barbara Walters announced on the show this morning that she was told over the weekend Mitt Romney could no longer make the appearance.

Romney Won't Face 'The View' - Yahoo! News

Good, I wish Ann Romney wasn' going to be on there. This is not a 'news' show or credible sort of venue for the future president to be appearing. Mitt Romney made the right call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,486,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The show is utterly irrelevant.
It could only change the ideas of the weakest of women, who don't know who they already want for President.

Now, in times of "peace," it is not the norm for young men to join the military voluntarily. My hat goes off to those who do. When the issue of how to address the families of those who have lost loved ones in combat and her kids' contribution came up, Ann Romney detailed her sons' contributions as follows:
- she sent her 5 boys on to their missions as boys and they came back as men ... and how does that contribute to America? It only contributes to enlarging the membership, and coffers, of the Mormon church.
- she said that one of her boys is a doctor and that he helps veterans. Well, he could very well be on the staff at one of the VA hospitals, or have done rotations or internships working with them, or they could be among his patient profile. Did her boy volunteer his medical services? I hear some amazing, amazing stories of men and women in medicine and allied fields who volunteer to go to places of battle to help those wounded in combat, and some of them are doing so at an age when they should be thinking "Palm Springs or Palm Beach?"

The other 4 Romney boys have jobs just like their Dad, in RE/M&A/venture capital stuff for the silver spooned set, and have made no palpable contributions to the betterment of society, except for their church. This is one batch of people that should NOT be America's first family. Of all the first families, none of them really called attention to themselves - sure, GWB's college-aged girls went out to buy some beer and, as an adult, the late JFK Jr. had to take the bar exam a few times and cavorted with some entertainment types, but I don't think any of them salivated for the White House the way Ann and the boys are.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM

861 posts, read 1,254,293 times
Quote:
WALTHAM, Mass. - Ann Romney will visit the women of ABC's "The View" solo Thursday, her husband no longer available to appear on the show he once referred to as "high risk."
Co-host Barbara Walters announced on the show this morning that she was told over the weekend Mitt Romney could no longer make the appearance.

Can you blame him? Most men have a problem facing just one hostile woman. The women of The View have burned their own bridge. And it cost's them ratings.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,599,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
The position of the Presidency deserves more respect than wasting precious time on some stupid daytime talk show. The First Lady's job is to handle those sort of social "niceties", not the President.
Then why did he agree to appear in the first place?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
Quote:

LOL
do you really think this is NEWS??
the view?/
oh, good grief, 4 hack women
I never watch this crap and thank goodness Romney did not waste his time
there
I wonder how they treated his wife?
boy, what some folks think is important!!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,374,413 times
The View is a joke and it has no relevance for a political candidate. I think it's a mature move. He's running for president, not trying to impress "celebrities." The thought of sitting there with Whoopie and Joy Behar wouldn't thrill me, either.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,486,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
4 hack women
You're right. As "punishment" for its uselessness, all of that show's proceeds should be funneled to build housing for women who are battered, ill, or elderly and do not have the resources to help themselves.

I think Ann had to go. It's an election. An election is all about posturing and marketing. Could you imagine the backlash if she didn't go?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:25 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,415,694 times
There is nothing in this world better than a good-hearted woman. And nothing worse than an mean-spirited woman who wants to spread it around....

All I can say is that Romney had absolutely nothing to gain by being subjected to the ignorance and ill-feeling that that show displays on a regular basis. However.... I'd love to go on the View. Those women would never get over the head-whipping I'd give them.

After all, I've had some practice right here on C/D. Half the man-haters on this Forum have me on Ignore already. The other half are too busy pretending to be harrassed by Pee Wee Herman.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:26 AM

9,348 posts, read 16,743,226 times
Default The View is not interesting...THEIR liberal Views lack diversity

We used to watch The View, mildly entertaining, but it has become another platform for their views, rather than presenting a non-personal opinion. When Obama and Michelle were on it was like a love fest, nice personal questions, limited political questions (not that you can understand Walters mumbling). Yet Ann Romney is on and they were like ******* chewing her apart, asking political questions that should have been directed towards her husband, rather than the sweet nothings way they spoke with Michelle. Glad Romney didn't waste his time trying to be like Obama, the new TV star, professional campaigner. Kudos to AnnRomney for being a lady among animals. No longer will we watch the View. Walters needs to retire, Joy needs to learn the world doesn't enjoy her nasty remarks, and Whoopi....still can be funny. Elizabeth seems the only one that can listen to both sides.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:31 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,871,261 times
The VIEW is a trivial program...hosted by woman who suffer the greatest disconnect through pop culture...These are not intelligent woman..They pull the party line of materialism- They are all multi-millionaires ...who have but one agenda..to stay that way...These people are classic talking heads who will say and do anything for that fat pay check...The woman on the VIEW are irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections