Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times

Advertisements

Here is my prediction for November.

Republicans: its time to start strategizing now how you are going to make inroads with younger people in 2016. Millennials may never vote majority for Republicans, but you can capture more than the 20-30% Romney is getting. That is the only way you will ever win another election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Here is my prediction for November.

Republicans: its time to start strategizing now how you are going to make inroads with younger people in 2016. Millennials may never vote majority for Republicans, but you can capture more than the 20-30% Romney is getting. That is the only way you will ever win another election.
Disagree with your prediction.

I don't see Obama winning Iowa, MO, and Indiana. The rest of your map looks to be on par.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Missouri, Indiana, and South Carolina are not happening for Obama, though he might get a Nebraska split. Other then that it looks about right.

I think the GOP will likely have soul searching, then who knows what may emerge.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 PM

89 posts, read 149,624 times
I don't think he'll win MO. Agree w/ the rest.

He'll get Iowa. They want corn hand outs, the manly man Republican stuff is just rural male social posturing. In the end most corn farmers know they'd be unemployed and unemployable in the free market.

He'll take Indiana IMO. His domination in the educated cities and Indianapolis will outweigh the rural vote.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
I don't think he'll win MO.

He'll get Iowa. They want corn hand outs, the manly man Republican stuff is just rural male social posturing. In the end most corn farmers know they'd be unemployed and unemployable in the free market.

Agree with the rest. He'll take Indiana IMO.
Indiana in many ways is more conservative than many southern states, I don't see him winning Indiana.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Missouri, Indiana, and South Carolina are not happening for Obama, though he might get a Nebraska split. Other then that it looks about right.

I think the GOP will likely have soul searching, then who knows what may emerge.
Agreed. This should be one of the easiest elections in history for the GOP given the state of this country after four years of Obama yet its starting to look like its going to be a repeat of 2008 or even a bigger in for Obama. Young people are on fire for Obama, just as much if not moreso than in 2008. Republicans only have themselves to blame.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Indiana in many ways is more conservative than many southern states, I don't see him winning Indiana.
He did in 2008, which was a surprise. It's starting to look like Obama may win even stronger this time than in 2008.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Agreed. This should be one of the easiest elections in history for the GOP given the state of this country after four years of Obama yet its starting to look like its going to be a repeat of 2008. Republicans only have themselves to blame.
That's what they get for nominating someone who doesn't stand for anything. To be fair, the other GOP candidates were worse.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
He did in 2008, which was a surprise. It's starting to look like Obama may win even stronger this time than in 2008.
Indiana is teabag country, I honestly don't see him winning, a lot of birfers in that area, I live next door and it's hickville man.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
That's what they get for nominating someone who doesn't stand for anything. To be fair, the other GOP candidates were worse.
I blame some of this on Rick Santorum. He never stood a chance at getting nominated yet his views on social issues were so radical they turned a lot of people, especially the younger generation away from even considering the Republican party before the nominee was even decided. They may be unhappy they are 3 years out of college and still living with mom and dad, but they would rather vote for more of the same than a radical like Santorum. In addition, Santorum siphoned off the evangelical vote so Romney won by default and not because a majority of Republicans wanted him. It's the same reason McCain got the nomination. However, I can't really think of any people in the finalists this cycle that would have been better than Romney. Most of the better candidates dropped out early on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections