Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Think about it. He's kinda hanging around, on an "I told ya so" tour. Mitt was on MTP last Sunday, offering warm praise for some GOP prospects, while dissing others. Notably, he's smooching Christie's butt.

Assuming the TP is finished except in local swamps, the 2016 GOP ticket is going to be moderate, business-savvy, professional pols, probably all current and FORMER governors.

If Christie fails the background check (as Halperin and Heilemann's new book suggests he might)... why not give Romney another shot?

Can you feel the Mittmentum???

And please, don't give me "The Tea Party, blah blah blah" You guys are DONE nationally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
I think the 47% thing has ruined him. He will still need to show those 10 years of tax returns.

He is damaged goods now.

Last edited by Boss; 11-08-2013 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: info

Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Nah, he had his shot. They need to find someone else, preferable someone more mediagenic (which is what really counts. How do you think Obama got elected.)

Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Think about it. He's kinda hanging around, on an "I told ya so" tour. Mitt was on MTP last Sunday, offering warm praise for some GOP prospects, while dissing others. Notably, he's smooching Christie's butt.

Assuming the TP is finished except in local swamps, the 2016 GOP ticket is going to be moderate, business-savvy, professional pols, probably all current and FORMER governors.

If Christie fails the background check (as Halperin and Heilemann's new book suggests he might)... why not give Romney another shot?

And please, don't give me "The Tea Party, blah blah blah" You guys are DONE nationally.
It's possible and of all the Republican Presidents in my life (Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush and Bush) I would be more comfortable with him than any.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Nah, he had his shot. They need to find someone else, preferable someone more mediagenic (which is what really counts. How do you think Obama got elected.)
More votes?

Old 11-08-2013, 11:51 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Pulease... it's waaayyyyy too early for this.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:54 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:

Ya mean he's dissed Ryan already?

Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Romney 2016???

Ya know what?

In 2016, Willard might could run for president.

Of the LDS church. And whatever guy wins THAT election gets to hold conversations with the mormon god.

Better than talking to congress.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:

With the exception of one really gung-ho true believer here on C-D--who promptly disappeared the day after the election--no one really liked Romney. 2012 was his one and only shot at the White House, and it was his misfortune that it fell right in the middle of the Tea Party crazy train, where he had to contort himself into everything that he is not to get through the primaries. People who hated him from the start hate him more now, and people who might have been ambivalent before the campaign hate him as well for what they perceive him to be--the persona he had to create to get past the TP.

He's toast.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:06 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Lol....right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections