Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,850,353 times

Advertisements

this is getting big play in ohio and starting to creep out nationally.

apparently some unnamed private group is putting up voter fraud images like the one posted in this thread in almost exclusively black parts of cleveland. you cannot get me to buy that this is some public awareness campaign. these were placed strategically to intimidate non white voters into not voting. thankfully, the opposite has happened and there rallying behind it and more enthused to vote now then before.

Clear channel did not put the name of the organization on the ad like they always do, even admitting it was a screw up on there end. they will not take down the banner. free speech is fine. you bought the space, put up whatever you want. just dont expect me to not see the correlation and these motives you are pushing and expect people not to call you out.

i am glad they are calling them out.

Voters shouldn't give into intimidation by billboard: editorial | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,768,634 times
What is wrong with publishing the consequences of voter fraud?

Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM

63,419 posts, read 29,437,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
That's what I would like to know. Blacks aren't citizens of this country with the right to vote? Why would they be intimidated by voter fraud signs? The left is getting more desperate by the day.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,751,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Is there a reason to suspect voter fraud?

These billboards are going up for one reason - to try to suppress black votes.

You Rethuglicans are vile, disgusting individuals.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:24 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,425,657 times
I'm not a Republican and I don't have a problem with this sign. It ought to be in every town and polling station as far as I'm concerned.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,031,877 times
Not seeing the problem here.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,851,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's what I would like to know. Blacks aren't citizens of this country with the right to vote? Why would they be intimidated by voter fraud signs? The left is getting more desperate by the day.
The right wingers are trying to claim black people are committing voter fraud, which is complete BS. Most of the voter fraud that turns up comes from the GOP.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 PM

39,947 posts, read 26,672,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Is there a reason to suspect voter fraud?

These billboards are going up for one reason - to try to suppress black votes.

You Rethuglicans are vile, disgusting individuals.
You REALLY must think blacks are stupid. As long as they are registered voters, they have nothing to fear, and they are smart enough to know that. How would that constitute suppressing black votes?

Or are you inferring that some that might be tempted to commit voter fraud, and vote multiple times? That is a criminal act...and should be suppressed.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,481,012 times
The Obamabots must be getting nervous the race card is re-emerging. I mean if Blacks are so intimidated by a billboard that they won't vote then there are more serious problems in the community than I thought.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM

37,832 posts, read 41,175,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is getting big play in ohio and starting to creep out nationally.

apparently some unnamed private group is putting up voter fraud images like the one posted in this thread in almost exclusively black parts of cleveland. you cannot get me to buy that this is some public awareness campaign. these were placed strategically to intimidate non white voters into not voting. thankfully, the opposite has happened and there rallying behind it and more enthused to vote now then before.

Clear channel did not put the name of the organization on the ad like they always do, even admitting it was a screw up on there end. they will not take down the banner. free speech is fine. you bought the space, put up whatever you want. just dont expect me to not see the correlation and these motives you are pushing and expect people not to call you out.

i am glad they are calling them out.

Voters shouldn't give into intimidation by billboard: editorial | cleveland.com
Hmmmm. How about the stories that they'll be rioting in the street if Obama isn't elected? Who's intimidated if they are legally voting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections