Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, leave it to the racists to point the finger at others for being just like themselves ... supposedly. Birds of a feather. It must have been a very slow news day, to dig-up a story 1.5 years old (the Chicago Mayoral election piece), and another a month old ... to illustrate a point. What point? No point...
Errr... the point is that it shows a longstanding pattern over a period of time, from 1.5 years ago right up to last week when Stacy Dash was called a "sellout" for not voting according to skin color.

What I find so interesting about this thread is that lefties are so comfortable with, and so willing to excuse the idea that people can and should base political alignment on skin tone. I would have guessed that somebody would have come on to post something along the lines of "I'm a liberal, and I don't condone this stuff..." but no one did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
here is what I don't understand, if you republicans believe you aren't racist, than why do you care what the democrats call you?
I suppose you're right. Why should I care if a racist calls me racist? But here's the problem: with our dumbed-down, liberal-controlled public education establishment, many people can't think for themselves, and just pick stuff up by a kind of osmosis. So there are constant accusations of racism being thrown out Republicans, even though they are bogus, many will absorb it without even thinking about it. That's why I bring up these examples of racism coming from the left.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I suppose you're right. Why should I care if a racist calls me racist? But here's the problem: with our dumbed-down, liberal-controlled public education establishment, many people can't think for themselves, and just pick stuff up by a kind of osmosis. So there are constant accusations of racism being thrown out Republicans, even though they are bogus, many will absorb it without even thinking about it. That's why I bring up these examples of racism coming from the left.
so instead of trying to promote your party as a party that accepts everybody, you whine to democrats about being accused racism?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:16 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times
Quote:
Open Racism?

A button that read 'once you go black, you never go back,' was in evidence at the Democratic National Convention. It appears that there was no outcry nor effort to quash the racist sentiment.

Rahm Emanuel and the Politics of Race in Chicago
Then there was the remark by Obama pal Rep. Danny K Davis (D, Chicago) to justify voting along racial lines: "I never saw a chicken leading a group of turkeys." Virtually no qualms from the left...

Or the recent tag of "sellout" applied to actress Stacy Dash, who had the nerve to announce her support of Romney. Presumably she should have voted base on skin tone, not ideas.

Open racism from the left.
I know what you mean. What is this open Racism on the left. Oh wait,

Romney Supporter Wears 'Put The White Back In The White House' T-Shirt At Ohio Campaign Event (PHOTO)

Nah, thats a Romney Rally.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:38 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

Romney Supporter Wears 'Put The White Back In The White House' T-Shirt At Ohio Campaign Event (PHOTO)

So you are going to smear an entire party for the dumb actions of one? Someone in here said that before Obama was elected there were t-shirts worn by the left that read "put the black in the whitehouse". Pot, kettle, black.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

From YOUR link:

Quote:
According to Buzzfeed, a Romney spokesperson "commented that the shirt was reprehensible and has no place in this election."
And I would add that if I saw a guy with a shirt like that at a Romney event, I would have immediately tracked down security and as that the guy be booted out. But at the DNC there was no problem with the similar sentiment of 'once you vote black you never go back.' AFAIK there was no comment from the Obama campaign that the button, or race-based voting, was reprehensible.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
so instead of trying to promote your party as a party that accepts everybody, you whine to democrats about being accused racism?
Frankly a post like this just undermines your credibility. You seriously think that correcting false allegations of racism constitutes a 'whine?' Thank God most of our country has not been composed of people like this, or we would have never made the progress that we have. We'd probably be stuck back in the days of segregation.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,235,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Oh what ridiculous crap is this. Have you ever been around a real racist? Ones that say, "all ******s are useless and lazy"?
Yeah good point but, it was n******ers saying it? What should I do? Act like a democrat and give good reasons why they do it or, act like a republican and laugh at the hypocrisy and joke that it really is...decisions decisions....what to do...what to do!

Although, I have to tell you, when we were hiring for manual labor, not a one applied....only Hispanics and whites.....hmmmmmmmmmm

Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Frankly a post like this just undermines your credibility. You seriously think that correcting false allegations of racism constitutes a 'whine?' Thank God most of our country has not been composed of people like this, or we would have never made the progress that we have. We'd probably be stuck back in the days of segregation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections