Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,660,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The Ledbetter law removes the normal time limit afterwhich an action can be brought. In most cases if you don't bring a case in one year you're guilty of 'laches' and estopped from proceeding. This is meant to be fair to both sides as, if you wait years and years, wtnesses move, die, their memories become faulty and so on. The Ledbetter law undoes centuries of legal doctrine.
There is a 2 year limit for a lawsuit claiming discriminatory and unequal pay, 3 year limit in the case of "willful discrimination" from the instance of the most recent discriminatory paycheck or hiring practice. It's not an unlimited number of "years and years".

Timeliness

Otherwise the limits are 180 days.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,035,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So if a black person is paid less for doing the same job as a white person----that's OK with you . ? It's up to the black person to go hunt for a new job?
Any person, regardless of skin color, gender, religion, ect... should ask for what they believe they are worth and if they don't get it - should seek it elsewhere.

A good manager is going to promote the best person. If a manager is a racist or a sexist - and it can actually be proven that they discriminated against someone for that reason - one has to wonder why someone would want to work at that job. Why wouldn't they go where they are paid what they are worth?

Better yet - why don't these people explain just why they are so sure that they are paid less due to their skin color or gender?

Nice try playing the race card - you have just demonstrated what liberals do when they can't win arguments based on merits.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,330,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There is a 2 year limit for a lawsuit claiming discriminatory and unequal pay, 3 year limit in the case of "willful discrimination" from the instance of the most recent discriminatory paycheck or hiring practice. It's not an unlimited number of "years and years".

Timeliness

Otherwise the limits are 180 days.
...after you received the last discriminatory paycheck....

This means a woman can potentially spend an entire career at a job and then sue.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,847,326 times
He said a lot of stupid things that were insulting and offensive to women and families IMO. Single parents won't be interested in Romney(though they weren't in the first place) since he kept talking about 2 parent homes--meanwhile the colorado shooter came from a 2 parent home as did a lot of these "mass" killing shooters. He couldn't come up with a rebuttal for his policies which are a conflict to women's reproductive rights, etc. Truthfully his responses to the gun question, Libya question, women's "pay" question, and immigration question as well as his closing--were not good. His stance on the economy, energy(gas prices) were his strongest.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Things View Post
He probably should have left the make dinner part out, but I don't think the type of women who would get offended by that comment would vote republican
That is because Democratic women tend to not cook, and feed their children McDonald's every night - contributing to the massive "obesity" problem that Michelle Obama calls a "national security issue".

Not my mother though - she cooked a great(and healthy) meal almost every night(except for a few times when she ordered pizza) and she was and still is a Democrat.

So much for the liberals claim that I was "brainwashed" to be a Republican.

I love my mother - and I hope that you do too.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is because Democratic women tend to not cook, and feed their children McDonald's every night - contributing to the massive "obesity" problem that Michelle Obama calls a "national security issue".

Not my mother though - she cooked a great(and healthy) meal almost every night(except for a few times when she ordered pizza) and she was and still is a Democrat.

So much for the liberals claim that I was "brainwashed" to be a Republican.

I love my mother - and I hope that you do too.
Oh please. Democratic women are domestic too. Your mother isn't the only democrat that cooks healthy meals and nurtures her family.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
WTF??

Romney, say goodbye to the female vote
That is what his aid wanted to leave work at 5 pm because she wanted to be home to cook for her kids and spend time with them what is wrong with that. More employers should accommodate their female workers like that

Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Oh please. Democratic women are domestic too. Your mother isn't the only democrat that cooks healthy meals and nurtures her family.
Great. Then stop supporting people who demonize Republican women for cooking for their families and nurturing them.

That is family values in a nutshell.

But democrats think that is baddddd...

What?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Great. Then stop supporting people who demonize Republican women for cooking for their families and nurturing them.

That is family values in a nutshell.

But democrats think that is baddddd...

What?
Who demonizes republican women that take care of their families? I don't. I'm voting democrat in this election and I'm a SAHM, oh the wonders.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That is what his aid wanted to leave work at 5 pm because she wanted to be home to cook for her kids and spend time with them what is wrong with that. More employers should accommodate their female workers like that
Yep - and most Democrats here would probally agree.

But because Mitt Romney said it and he suported the women who worked with his office - the democrats have to try to construe his words as "wrong".

It is all politics.

It's also pathetic.

But what else do you expect from the liberals?

Apparently - they are anti-women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections