Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
WTF??

Romney, say goodbye to the female vote
Yes, the regressive goon did say this. He never had the woman vote.

The WOMAN vote goes to ----> President Obama.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:19 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Things View Post
Women cooking for the families, what is this? 1953? I wouldn't call that family values, that is servitude. How about both husband and wife cook for their families?
Servitude? That is a bit of a stretch. My father has always been the cook and the breadwinner.

While I don't agree with Republican views, I certainly don't agree with yours. How they hell do you imply that father is a slave. I saw him sweat, work 12 hour days, and absent for much of my childhood in order to put a rook over our heads, food in the fridge, and cloths on our back.

Yet, you have the gall to imply that he was a slave. Watch your words.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Servitude? That is a bit of a stretch. My father has always been the cook and the breadwinner.

While I don't agree with Republican views, I certainly don't agree with yours. How they hell do you imply that father is a slave. I saw him sweat, work 12 hour days, and absent for much of my childhood in order to put a rook over our heads, food in the fridge, and cloths on our back.

If you removed the chip from your shoulder, you'd understand that in the "traditional value" meme, women stayed home and cooked like June Cleaver. They didn't work outside of the home because they weren't hired except as secretaries, nurses and teachers. Yes, even into the 70s.
It was expected that they perform these duties and the law looked the other way when they were abused for not following their husband's orders.

Your father was the anomaly; not the rule.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Quote:
And what about male workers? Last time I checked they can cook too. This is what is wrong with the comment, it assumes only women should be in the kitchen.

By the way cooking doesn't take THAT long. You really don't need to leave earlier.
This was a woman saying that she wanted to cook for her family.

Why don't you support the wishes of women?

Whose side are you on?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:

Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If you removed the chip from your shoulder, you'd understand that in the "traditional value" meme, women stayed home and cooked like June Cleaver. They didn't work outside of the home because they weren't hired except as secretaries, nurses and teachers. Yes, even into the 70s.
It was expected that they perform these duties and the law looked the other way when they were abused for not following their husband's orders.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder nor do I still live in the 1970's. Seriously, hop in your Delorean and get up to speed.

I am simply flabbergasted that you accuse me of having a chip on my shoulder since I don't live in the 1970's. Is this really the best you have?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
I don't have a chip on my shoulder nor do I still live in the 1970's. Seriously, hop in your Delorean and get up to speed.

I am simply flabbergasted that you accuse me of having a chip on my shoulder since I don't live in the 1970's. Is this really the best you have?
You make my point.
And the Rs go back to the make-believe 50s in their comments.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:

What is wrong with being a nurse, secretary, or a teacher?

Do you really think so little about health care?

Don't you not realize that nursing is among the fastest growing fields that are available today? Hospitals and other care facilities are snapping up qualified nurses as fast as they can. And you are disparaging them?

Guess what? My grandmother is 91 - still driving a car - active in her community - and her mother was a nurse(back in the 1920's).

My grandmother was honored for her service at the school district where she worked as a secretary.

Why do you hate education? Would you honestly be complaining if more men were teachers?

My grandmother was secretary to a school principal - are you really disparaging her important work in the education of the children that she served?

Wow!

Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
You make my point.
And the Rs go back to the make-believe 50s in their comments.
I am liberal and I never made a comment about the 1950's. What exactly is your point?

How about this? When my father remarried in the 90's, he was the bread winner and my step-mother stayed at home with the kids while she bitched all day how bad she had it and how lucky my father was to be working. Guessed who still cooked? My father.

Guess who responsibility it was to wash the dishes, take out the trash, vacuum the carpets, sweep the stairs, and move the lawn? Mine. What did my feminist step-mother do all day? ***** and moan about how life was unfair to her and how good my father had it since he worked.

The day she left my father was the best of his life. He eventually found a woman who appreciates him, his integrity, and his hardwork. While my father's new woman is retired, he still does the cooking. My feminist step mother is alone and still complaining about how life is unfair.

The best you have is a dumb 1970's Joan Clever story and irrelevant retorts about how Republicans still view society in the 1950's. I expected better from you.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times
Quote:
Women cooking for the families, what is this? 1953? I wouldn't call that family values, that is servitude. How about both husband and wife cook for their families?
Not every family are two parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections